You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bualar

Public Test - 0.8.9 - Feedback

41 comments in this topic

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

Hi Commanders!

Please provide us your feedback on the following during 0.8.9 Public Test:

• Halloween
  • Camouflage Patterns
  • Technical Improvements

For bugs and issues please follow to this thread

[SLOTH]
Members
70 posts
6,007 battles

1) just starting testing but my experience with Rust so far says repair party bad any other healing good. If you want players using the stock ships in addition to the other ones this needs a change. I would suggest either allowing them to heal more of the damage lost or turning them into burst healing that ignores unhealable hp allowing players to recover a large amount of hp in a should amount of time but less then what other heals could do (which seams to be the idea). however in either case the restriction created by unhealable damage is an issue for these heals.

1b) I've had at least one game where I end up with 4 repair parties I cant use because I have to hp I can repair.

2) Additionally there is a definite issue with the fact that since you have to fight the AI either way there seems to be little reason to fight other players. If you want to incentivise fighting each other outside the fact that most players will do it automatically I would make it so players drop not only what they are carrying but an additional amount base on the type of ship they are. DD: 200 CL: 350 BB:500.

3) this issue is likely just an issue of players learning the event but there is the possibility of players getting themselves killed by the AI after intentionally chasing other players. this is an issue since i leads to a situation where both sides lose since neither side gets to extract their resources. this leads back into issue 2. Since part of it is a learning curve this shouldn't be to much of an issue but you need to make it abundantly clear that dying means you loose the majority of the resources you have collected.

4) also Ill need to pay attention to whether or not the Rasputin spawn is randomized. Im assuming the idea is to make one team a target by maxing out the filth they are carrying. this isn't much of an issue if it is randomized. but if the spawn location is the same every time I think you need to centralize the spawn. this could also create an effective target for all players to target and subsequently fight over. giving players a good reason to fight each other. made better by the fact that you place the portal nearby allowing the aggressive teams a strong risk reward. this risk could then be lowered by good support consumable use.

4b) Rasputin always seems to spawn in the north making the north spawn a lot better then the southern spawns. Rasputin definitely needs to spawn in the center to make him viable for every team.

5) the goal with torps seems to be improve reliable damage over burst damage. this seems like a pretty good idea. the issue i see with this is that everything is close combat so their lack of hp will need to be complemented by better damage. DD's really ought to be full support if you don't want them to be able to burst players down. the only DD I would want on my team is the angler for the angler for support. but even then I would rather have and octodroid.

6) the difference in the amount of filth that can be carried is kind of an issue. while I understand that this is due to DD's and cruisers being able to make it to the cap faster issue five could serve as the counter to this. DD's and cruisers are more likely to die but are more likely to get away with their filth. which might allow said ships to carry more filth without being unbalanced. not to mention the fact that if (when) this turns into resource farming everyone will use BB's or they will spam dd games grabbing 200-300 filth then bailing. players bailing as soon as they have a minimum amount of resources while in DD's isnt a good idea. I suggest at least 600 for DD's 800 for cruisers and 1000 for BB's.

7) I feel like the OP DDs should spawn from the outside and force the players in towards the center. rather then just spawning on top of the portal and killing everyone.

8) everybody on your team dying is not a successful raid

9) event stats unavailable. this is just a though for pts but it would be nice to be able to view these stats.

Edited by dukelego

[PP-NA]
Members
6 posts
12,623 battles

well,well,well, as far as the port and Halloween graphics are outstanding and as far as saving Transylvania forget-about-it.  it is a no win game so it is not worth my time it sucks...same with twilight battles, not worth it and as far as the containers just like in the live server they still are putting out junk and as far as the public test its not getting any better half is ok half is just getting stupider and stupider its just ridiculous a waste of someone's time who is coming up with this junk....this is world of war ships not world of idiots.

[NAM-5]
Members
25 posts
18,585 battles

WOW!  The graphics and sounds are outstanding!  I enjoyed the Saving Translyvania (Hard) event, but the Twilight Battle mode is addictive.  The Mutantovsk is outrageous!  I thought Rasputin was a bit OP, but I am sure this will be tweeked a bit.  I am liking this a lot!

[NOT]
Modder
1,044 posts
6,265 battles

the UI flick during battle result loading, and it freezes while closing but it then fails to close itself. Heating is worse since it crashes the client out of overheat while the NA doesnt.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,953 battles

Population 450 to 500 unacceptable and not worth the effort A waste of time. Armory displays only a blank screen Clan base the same a blank screen. 

@Bualar send an email when you have this mess straightened out.

[WORX]
Members
6,420 posts
16,189 battles

The autunm CM event is way so grindy.... The "Help your team cause 120,000 HP of damage upon your spotting" regulation is a little to much...

So far, with 466 people online and a lot of things to do... I been in games with only 2 or 3 people max... This speculation of the CM is IMO to much

[OIL-1]
Members
391 posts

the “Raid for the Filth” mode (Twilight) is a lot of fun. Reminds me of the Rogue Wave event.

And like the heavy grind in Rogue Wave for the Benham, I see another heavy grind coming for those perm camos.

Shame that I can't have a fun mode without a heavy grind, but I have no one to blame but my own greed for wanting those freebies.:cap_cool:

Beta Testers
643 posts
2,226 battles

The Angler in Raid for the Filth is utter trash. It doesn't have weapons ready when the first ships spawn and can't do anything between torp reloads. I get it is supposed to be more of a support ship but that just doesn't work if you are in one and there is another on your team or your team is not participating.

Angler needs guns and a shorter initial torp reload.

Members
268 posts
3,737 battles

Sound is great.......nice job!!

Visuals are great!

new ports are fun if not a little dark

The Hallow event feels like something I have played before?? Overall it is just to long and boring for me. I could only handle a few games.

The only other thing that stuck out for me was the Tier VIII CV...........again so weak and so boring.....Like putting out a house fire with a tea cup.

The PTS itself is a gem for me. It gives me a chance to do all the things I want to do.

I think your insistence on making everything a grind is a big mistake. I would gladly pay you a monthly subscription to have the PTS and all of it's resourses available all the time.

I'd much rather play against jacked up bots.

Thanks for the opportunity....I'm looking forward to more.....cheers to you.!!

[WOLFB]
Members
49 posts
3,916 battles

First and foremost, the art is fantastic!

Twilight Battle feels about right.

The operations generally felt a bit *too* (Hard). Sunray in the Darkness feels *much* more difficult than Saving Transylvania. It feels to me like Transylvania needs more HP (20%-30%) in the operations, and either players need to do a bit more damage or enemies need less HP in operations (~10%).

[RM-I]
Members
12 posts
1,236 battles

Italian cruisers should be in the public test, so people can test them and not only the CCs
Also if they want so much that feedback, why making those cruisers only private for CCs? there is nothing that much to test than just that Halloween event that i'm not interested in and some other little things.

And last thing, those Italian Cruisers Containers. I was hoping them to give me some kind of mission to obtain one of the cruisers so i can test it and give an opinion but it seems we can't.

Edited by MsJaiden
  • Cool 1

[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,379 posts
17,237 battles

I was expecting the Italian port to be more military like in it music like 4 Maggio, Inno della Marina Militare, and La Ritirata. However to me the Italian port music sounds so depressing,like I agonizing that I cheated on my wife and wondering it I should fess up to her. You got to get something better than what you have now for the Italian port.

[RM-I]
Members
12 posts
1,236 battles
6 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I was expecting the Italian port to be more military like in it music like 4 Maggio, Inno della Marina Militare, and La Ritirata. However to me the Italian port music sounds so depressing,like I agonizing that I cheated on my wife and wondering it I should fess up to her. You got to get something better than what you have now for the Italian port.

I agree with that. The port itself looks too "Pacific" There are no military things, for example in Zipangu you have military japanese planes flying around, Kronstadt is another good example with a lot of soviet ships in the port. 

Also, 4 Maggio in my opinion is a way better song. Just need to make some kind of modifications so i can fit as a Port Theme as they did with the Hamburg port theme (National Anthem of Germany).

Edited by Zaryna

[EMAG]
Members
115 posts
2,064 battles

so far everything is running smoothly.  The Halloween scenarios seem a bit intense for me, so they are not fun.  

During a ranked battle I ran aground without touching the shore. And then I could not get unstuck.  Now this could be realism, but it was a surprize for me.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,953 battles

11:40 pm ct usa population 390 unacceptable.

Halloween 1 in the tier 9 DD is a complete waste.

Armory is still displaying blank screen. FIX IT!

@Bualar

[WORX]
Members
6,420 posts
16,189 battles

In battle information after the battle is over in the

• Detailed Report tab
    • Team Play sub tab
      • every content dealing with damage, flood or fire in this section fails to inform the player the fundamental question... HOW.

I have been trying to knock out the CM for the last 3 hrs in where the regulation for passing is "Help your team cause (###) Damage upon your spotting"

Every time I try to remember after battle what I did and to whom. The items under the

• Detailed report tab
    • Team Play Sub Tab
      • Damage upon your spotting and every content in it

Doesn't give you adequate information...Like and must importantly

• How or what ordnance you did the DMG
  • To whom you did the DMG to...

For the last 3hrs, I had no idea of how or to whom I was advancing my CM with... It was very frustrating...

I highly recommend a more detailed information and that the information is clearly stated as to who and to whom... Thank you!

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOOKY]
Members
191 posts
9,427 battles

The test passed...  It is the most broken one I've tried to play.  Can't change ships properly without going into the queue.  if you do that, the game usually locks you into a match you CAN'T get your ship ready for because the one shown as selected is NOT always the one selected.  Bot accuracy is so bad now that they can't even miss the water or islands.  If you are spotted, shells frequently go through islands if you are targeted.  Torpedoes frequently get fired by destroyed ships, which isn't new but is worse than ever. 

Keep up the good work and the game will be successful at failing even more than the 3/5/7 MM that world of tanks had for so long.  It worked so well that the number of people leaving the game was more than new players starting it.

No, I do not have anything good to say about the test because I really didn't find anything that was good about it to say.

Beta Testers
643 posts
2,226 battles
5 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

The scenarios in hard mode seem to require an organized division. In three attempts with randoms, I only passed a scenario once, with an amazing one star. Difficulty is just insane.  

Also good luck trying to organize a division on test with the population and the language barriers.

[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,379 posts
17,237 battles

This mission needs to be change in spotting value. Otherwise you get these matches.  WG the rewards in spotting are not worth the efforts otherwise.

shot-19.09.29_13.42.35-0824.jpg

shot-19.09.29_13.44.35-0824.jpg

Sunray in the Darkness - Congrats in ruining the Magnu-S into a horrible ship. Make the Secondaries suck (4km) and give the main batteries no compensation in dispersion. It made the mode  more into impossible to play at all.

Saving Transylvania - You could not play the mode at all

As sis with the hard modes. I advise all to to avoid them

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[RDS-A]
Members
58 posts
31,091 battles

Regia Marina has a requirement to use a Genova ship (Tier V Italian Cruiser according to Wiki) , however I do not see how that is to be acquired. Looked in Armory, Tech Tree, and read 0.8.9 Update...can someone illuminate me please?