Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AvengerBak

Subs testing email

10 comments in this topic

[KSE]
Members
87 posts
3,970 battles

I found out yesterday that I had received an email with the login info for Sub testing, but it was sent to my google 'promotions' inbox and so I never saw it till yesterday. And worst part was that it also ended yesterday, so that sucks.

Will there be another test soon? Would've loved to have tried them out. I guess I should've been on the lookout for that email, but didn't expect gmail to think its just an ad. rip

[CTF38]
Members
4,525 posts
13,233 battles

I am really upset at WG about this.  I was one of the first ones to sign up and I haven't received my email yet.  

Exceedingly bad form, WG.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
17 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

I am really upset at WG about this.  I was one of the first ones to sign up and I haven't received my email yet.  

I signed up right away as well but we have no way of knowing if we were the "first".  I haven't gotten an invite yet either.

That said, WG didn't say that invites would be sent out based on order of sign up, they said they would be random, so we might get an invite in the next 5 minutes or we might never get an invite.  It isn't based on when we signed up though.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

The invitations were limited in the first round of testing, they said more and more would get invites as time progresses.

[WOLFG]
Members
311 posts
8,885 battles
53 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

It wasn't first come, first serve.  They randomly picked.  I kindly highlighted where it states as much.

SubsHaHaHa.jpg

[WGA]
Administrator
2,107 posts
14,612 battles

Heyo everyone,

For a little insight onto why there is staggered release of invitations, the server we are using for these tests is not one of our primary servers and is typically used as an internal testing for smaller groups of players / staff. Due to this, we are cautious of its stability during larger scales of tests. We initially opened the client to staff, CCs and privateers, and with each day based on stability released additional invites to the player base at large across all regions. The order in which players applied to test does not matter, it is a random draw. 

We are hopeful, as stated in the article, to eventually grant testing access to all interested players across all regions. It is important that the server remains stable otherwise no one will get the opportunity to test in a viable environment.

There will be more opportunities to be involved in testing as we intend (will be based on needs) to hold multiple sessions to gather info and data on the upcoming class.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,730 posts

Femmenly,

It would be good if there was a way to check if one received an invite to the beta test other than checking one's e-mail. People do have e-mail filters to combat spam and some ISP's will automatically delete emails they think are spam/scam. 

Perhaps a simple notification on the forum account would do? Just like we get notifications of someone quoting us on the forum?

• Cool 1

[SFBG]
Members
1,645 posts
9,070 battles
2 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

Femmenly,

It would be good if there was a way to check if one received an invite to the beta test other than checking one's e-mail. People do have e-mail filters to combat spam and some ISP's will automatically delete emails they think are spam/scam. 

Perhaps a simple notification on the forum account would do? Just like we get notifications of someone quoting us on the forum?

With less than 5% of players actually using the forum, this might not work either...  I suggest you check your spam folders.

Beta Testers
1,730 posts
On 9/25/2019 at 2:04 PM, StrykerNC said:

With less than 5% of players actually using the forum, this might not work either...  I suggest you check your spam folders.

Its not as easy as a spam folder. Some ISP and some email clients simply reject the email or delete it if not from a known source. I've had ton of issues in the past in other games with this but after seeing just how much insane amount of spam and malware emails they block I am content with it haha. 

Those of us who check the forums should have the option of being able to use them for this is all I'm saying. A simple automated 'message' in the forum would work wonders. 

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

A email saying "thanks for signing up to the test blah blah blah" would have been nice just to know its been taken. Its weird signing up for something and not getting any kind of notification that you entered it.

Sign in to follow this