You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Low tier CV infestation

28 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles

image.thumb.png.163f38124bff68ed7e106b2695df0947.png

There's only so much Drambuie in my cabinet. Please do something to solve this. I have a family....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

Didn't take long for another CV thread.

It's been minutes since the last one. Too long i guess.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Funny 4

[INTEL]
Members
11,386 posts
31,838 battles
18 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Thats the wrong question. This is a thread about a particular problem that is widely hated in the playerbase: the 2v2 and 3v3 CV games in the low tiers where there is no AA.

The thing you should be complaining about is not why we have another CV thread but why the players have asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and asked and still nothing is done. Why hasn't this problem been fixed with a hard cap of 1 CV per match?

But hey, we have some pretty nifty emblems, eh?

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

But hey, we have some pretty nifty emblems, eh?

I use the emblem blocker to block the obnoxiousness of it all. They are shiny on the forums though i guess.

I don't blame the OP for the topic but it's not exactly treading new ground. Cat is most def out of the bag on the silly Hosho buff.

WG seems aware. Now if they do something about it is a whole other matter.

I honestly cannot wait for people to complain about Subs. Something new.

Oh wait we are there already.

Edited by xalmgrey

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

I use the emblem blocker to block the obnoxiousness of it all. They are shiny on the forums though i guess.

I don't blame the OP for the topic but it's not exactly treading new ground. Cat is most def out of the bag on the silly Hosho buff.

WG seems aware. Now if they do something about it is a whole other matter.

I honestly cannot wait for people to complain about Subs. Something new.

See, now, the problem is, it's the same complaint from everyone, for, like, ever. Instead of doing anything about a clear problem, AA gets buffed at t8 and up, so all the jerks who love to be thought of as cancer, migrate to lower tiers to, well, jerk it up. So it's a constant sh*** show at the  f**k factory, every day, all the time. Good times. Goooooooood tiiiiiiiimes.

• Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just dodge!

giphy.gif

No other place teaches you how to dodge bull as well as the forum does.

[GOBI]
Members
838 posts
2,259 battles

At t5 with Exeter I like shooting down squadrons of planes. Same at T6 and T7 with Leander and Fiji. Get a lot of extra points for very little damage. I weave a lot and stay within range of others AA . Several battles tonight at T7 -T9 had to CV's, which did not bother my Fiji much, and they are so easy to sink.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
14 minutes ago, legozer said:

image.thumb.png.d73a2f99d7178e9e2750ce25e1b66f3c.png

Meanwhile, at high tier.....

Okay so Tier 4 is CV heaven. Tier 6 is fun for CV. The AA isn't too bad and even if you are tiered into 8 it's a learning experience but doable. It's where you learn to really make sure to pick your targets.

Tier X AA is stupidly OP right now. Shreds whole flights in one or at most two passes. If you can even get in a second pass. It's expensive and like all things TX: Unfun.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Okay so Tier 4 is CV heaven. Tier 6 is fun for CV. The AA isn't too bad and even if you are tiered into 8 it's a learning experience but doable. It's where you learn to really make sure to pick your targets.

Tier X AA is stupidly OP right now. Shreds whole flights in one or at most two passes. If you can even get in a second pass. It's expensive and like all things TX: Unfun.

Yeah, that's the point.

Give T4 and 5 ships AA to chase off the predators and: cv problem solved.

• Boring 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
Just now, legozer said:

Yeah, that's the point.

Give T4 and 5 ships AA to chase off the predators and: cv problem solved.

I was thinking more like; Reduce AA in higher tiers. Make that more attractive.

Or they could just revert the buff to Hosho which i think is probably easier to balance but who knows with WG.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

I was thinking more like; Reduce AA in higher tiers. Make that more attractive.

Or they could just revert the buff to Hosho which i think is probably easier to balance but who knows with WG.

Or just admit that CV mains like to have it suuuuuper easy, and, when they don't, they disappear into the shadows like the cowardly vampires that they are?

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
19 minutes ago, legozer said:

Or just admit that CV mains like to have it suuuuuper easy, and, when they don't, they disappear into the shadows like the cowardly vampires that they are?

No, i don't think that's the case at all. I think they buffed something that was under performing in the wrong way. If they wanted to help Hosho out with damage they should have just increased the damage the single torp did. Not give them another. I wasn't expecting them to do that.

If they take the toy away they will stop playing with it. 

Well to a degree. After all Tier 4 is crap AA but it was livable when there wasn't one ship making it much more miserable by extension of poorly thought out buff.

I'm a CV player and i don't go clubbing with my T4. It just doesn't feel right to ruin someones day who could be new to the game and be the guy that made them give it up. I like T6 myself. T8 is okay but there's nothing fun or easy about TX. 

Which is also part of the problem.

But yeah take away the extra torp and watch them lose interest.

[5D]
Members
851 posts
10,517 battles

AA is Soo broken at t8-t10 that of you want to have fun you have to go to 4-6 CV otherwise your plane get vaporise

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Well judging from what I've been seeing this almost definitely seems to be the case. Not what you'd call a CV 'main' but I play quite a bit at tier VIII-X. The MM limit is downright silly at tier 4. I wonder if it's players resetting lines or as you say, players that just want an easy run.

[WOLFG]
Members
316 posts
3,479 battles

I had three on each team in one game a few nights ago. Ridiculous. I've basically given up on playing DD's because rocket planes. OP, no skill required.

Edited by macktkau2
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
7 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

I had three on each team in one game a few nights ago. Ridiculous. I've basically given up on playing DD's because rocket planes. OP, no skill required.

A post about vampires brings a lurker from out of the shadows. Delicious.

• Funny 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
39 minutes ago, dad003 said:

AA is Soo broken at t8-t10 that of you want to have fun you have to go to 4-6 CV otherwise your plane get vaporise

Good. Lets see if we can get it "broken" at lower tiers, too.

BTW, AA isn't broken at higher tiers. It's fair. That's what you don't like: the fairness of it. Slink back to the bottom tiers to get your unfair advantage, you blood sucking ghoul. Cvs and the players that love them are a cancer. When the playing field is level, they disappear. Tilt it in their direction and they multiply like vermin.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
739 posts
9,745 battles
3 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Yup. And how many times have 11 CV's been in ANY game? Figure that is just a queue #.

[5D]
Members
851 posts
10,517 battles
14 minutes ago, legozer said:

Good. Lets see if we can get it "broken" at lower tiers, too.

BTW, AA isn't broken at higher tiers. It's fair. That's what you don't like: the fairness of it. Slink back to the bottom tiers to get your unfair advantage, you blood sucking ghoul. Cvs and the players that love them are a cancer. When the playing field is level, they disappear. Tilt it in their direction and they multiply like vermin.

Meh these days I prefer play smolensk or Colbert get.more salt , more raging from the hater ! Better damages

Edited by dad003

[DDMAF]
Members
2,143 posts
13,525 battles
13 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Yup. And how many times have 11 CV's been in ANY game? Figure that is just a queue #.

It means a guarantee of 2 cvs per side, sometimes even 3.

It means that the bloodsucking ghouls have given up on fighting the fair fight at higher tiers, and have begun to abuse the MM mechanics at low tier, where they face no opposition.

It's not "just a queue #"....it's what's wrong with the game in one simple image.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
7 minutes ago, legozer said:

It means a guarantee of 2 cvs per side, sometimes even 3.

It means that the bloodsucking ghouls have given up on fighting the fair fight at higher tiers, and have begun to abuse the MM mechanics at low tier, where they face no opposition.

It's not "just a queue #"....it's what's wrong with the game in one simple image.

I suppose that's always going to be the case. If WG permits broken ships at low tiers there are going to be clubbers. Unfortunately these carriers are far more readily available than your typical Kami or Nikolai types. 

Edited by Sumseaman