You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wompwomp4yners

Problems with Match Maker

17 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
18 posts
6,479 battles

How many things can you spot in this picture that are issues with Match Maker that help contribute to this game not being very fun anymore?

team distribution.png

Edited by AmatolHE
Name removal

[GWG]
Members
6,500 posts

How about these...   And I mean to name and shame these players..  They are all awful.

OnlyHuman1.thumb.jpg.26a963878ea3b78d4b833b44b24948e8.jpgOnlyHumanA.thumb.jpg.dc9a2fd1f726d8133a57b7b206fcc923.jpg

• Funny 2

[GWG]
Supertester
22,824 posts
12,786 battles
10 minutes ago, AmatolHE said:

How many things can you spot in this picture that are issues with Match Maker that help contribute to this game not being very fun anymore?

wowssucksnow.jpg

Nothing wrong with the match maker there. It only considers tier and type, Carry harder.

• Boring 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,440 posts
13,406 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Carry harder

I can see only 1 problem, it forum rule violation of name and shame

OP, can you edit out the players name in your ss pls

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,824 posts
12,786 battles
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I can see only 1 problem, it forum rule violation of name and shame

OP, can you edit out the players name in your ss pls

Naming and shaming would be calling out the players that didn't do well. Which brings up the questions, is it possible to name and shame yourself? :Smile_hiding:

[WOLFG]
Members
6,957 posts
4,994 battles
19 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

How about these...   And I mean to name and shame these players..  They are all awful.

OnlyHuman1.thumb.jpg.26a963878ea3b78d4b833b44b24948e8.jpgOnlyHumanA.thumb.jpg.dc9a2fd1f726d8133a57b7b206fcc923.jpg

Worst botters of the game.

And WG does nothing about it.

[LWA]
Members
793 posts
11,971 battles
36 minutes ago, AmatolHE said:

wowssucksnow.jpg

I am huge loud mouth match maker critic.....and this, I don't get.  This looks equal to me.

[INTEL]
Members
11,352 posts
31,822 battles
11 minutes ago, db4100 said:

I am huge loud mouth match maker critic.....and this, I don't get.  This looks equal to me.

Sync dropped two divs from same clan.
one side has one div, the other side has two. Given the advantage a div confers on a team, that's very unfair.

Oh, and there's a Smolensk. No fun to play against.

[-K-]
Members
1,166 posts
16,493 battles

I see the problem.

After spending all that coal on your t10 cheeseboat, you didn't get any 8's and 9's to beat up.

MM is so unfair!

• Funny 3

[SCCC2]
Members
105 posts
7,809 battles

MM is fine. That was a relatively balanced composition. Sync dropping has always and as the MM system currently is, will always be a part of the game. If you want to perform better, you should div up with your clanmates, or hop onto other clan's discords and div up with them. People that all talk together tend to perform better. Sorry about the loss, but sync dropping is nothing new, so no use in complaining about it. 

Additionally, if WG were to implement some sort of player/clan checker and then filter it so that clanmates were not in the same game, the next step would be for them to implement a skill-based MM, which I have heard both positive and negative things from other players about.

WG just implemented a sweeping MM change where T8s get uptiered far less, which I have found to make them much more enjoyable to play. If you have any T8s I would recommend playing them again as the MM is much better for them now.

[PIZZA]
Members
18 posts
6,479 battles

1 two member div is put in against two 3 member div's. Maybe I didn't learn math right.

If sync dropping isn't trying to cheat the system and get an easy win why aren't 6 ship div's just put into the game? If people are going to try and intentionally cheat the system for number padding why not make it part of the game? If we are just going win all the time make all mods legal. Participation trophies for all!

Edited by AmatolHE
correction

[GOBI]
Members
786 posts
2,156 battles

Looks about typical mm. At t7 I'm used to being bottom tier, with most everything else t8 or t9. Tonight in random I actually got put on a decent team, we lost but had a lot of fun. Hooked up with a Iowa, a t9 DD, and a t8 CA and me in my Fiji. Actually worked together, seemed like we could read each others minds. We won a cap and defended against 6 ships, but lost the war heading over to another cap. Just ran out of time. Was real nice that Iowa got involved early, did not hang back.. Otherwise the rest of us would have been on the bottom. He was a real good player as were the others. I suck but I try and help, setting smoke for others, taking pot shots, and when another got in trouble charged out of smoke to chase off enemy ship with torps to distract so he could get into cover.

MM is always interesting, and often frustrating when you get on a bad team. Looking at results numbers though don't tell the whole story often. Could be they got taken out early because team mates ran and left them holding bag. I see this a lot. Hell, I have been broad sided by a friendly BB before any shots were fired from less than 1k because he was having a bad day. Ended my game quick.

Guess the only solution is to play in a div or a clan?

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,245 posts
11,261 battles

They have 1 more radar boat, that is the only thing I see as an advantage that is MM related but not enough to come to the forum and complain about.

[INTEL]
Members
11,352 posts
31,822 battles
4 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

They have 1 more radar boat, that is the only thing I see as an advantage that is MM related but not enough to come to the forum and complain about.

Oh i see. He covered the clan tags so you can't see that two divs from the same clan sync dropped on the other team.