Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mobryan

Current Des Moines captain skills?

9 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

I've searched, but most of the posts I've found are either horribly out of date from AA changes or related strictly to Yuro's Des Memes build.

What is a good generalist 16-19 point build for Des Moines now?

I'm just finishing Baltimore now with a 16 pt Doe captain, and am considering just jumping over Buffalo, I've got the FXP, and none of the current FXP ships really call to me.

Current captain skills

PT

EM and LS

Superintendant

CE

and 3 points to be assigned.

Where would you go from there, or should I just blow it up and respec entirely?

Matt

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
3,522 battles

For my Salem (14 Point but actually a 13 Point Build) I have

-Priority Target

-Adrenaline Rush

-Demolition Expert

-Superintendent

-Concealment Expert.

As for your build, I would remove Last Stand and replace it with Adrenaline Rush since Last Stand doesn’t really come into play with American CAs. And with your remaining points, get Demolition Expert. I may take a combination of Jack of all Trades and Advanced Firing Training or just Jack of all Trades, Expert Marksman and some other two point skill.

Members
9 posts
49 battles

I would recommend you to spec out of LS as soon as possible since it it more of a dd skill and if you find you need it on a CA I suggest you are doing something wrong. And since you are using one of the Doe brothers I would suggest using the following skills (have them on my main account on EU). 

PT, EL, EM, AR, SI, DE, V, CE

The EL and EM are improved on the Doe brothers and having 1 a reload time between AP and HE is very handy. I have chosen vigilance since I run my Des Moines with Defensive AA consumable and the Vigilance allows me to avoid eating stupid torpedoes which could have been avoided had I chosen hydro instead. 

[PVE]
Members
18,343 posts
11,365 battles
27 minutes ago, mobryan said:

I've searched, but most of the posts I've found are either horribly out of date from AA changes or related strictly to Yuro's Des Memes build.

What is a good generalist 16-19 point build for Des Moines now?

I'm just finishing Baltimore now with a 16 pt Doe captain, and am considering just jumping over Buffalo, I've got the FXP, and none of the current FXP ships really call to me.

Current captain skills

PT

EM and LS

Superintendant

CE

and 3 points to be assigned.

Where would you go from there, or should I just blow it up and respec entirely?

Matt

I went with PT, EM, SI, CE, AR, BoS, FP after the CV rework. EM is to make it easier to shoot DDs. BoS and FP to counter CL fire spam.

I have a 2nd DM Cmdr that will be permanently assigned to Salem. He has PT, EM, BFT, CE and will get SI, AR, MAAF or AFT for an AA build. I may change this as co-op CV bots are not that threatening.

[-GOD-]
Members
783 posts
2 hours ago, mobryan said:

I'm just finishing Baltimore now with a 16 pt Doe captain, and am considering just jumping over Buffalo

Don't THE Buff is a FUN SHIP , she don't shoot as fast but she takes a hit a lot better than the D.M. does which is a good thing if like me you tend to play aggressively in a CA.

[AAA]
Members
873 posts
10,188 battles

I have two captains for my dm/salem

pt, joat, em, si, de, ce, rdf

joe doe

pt, incoming fire, el, em, si, de, ce, rdf. EL is hilarious with 75% decrease in time to change shell types. 1 sec on the dm/Salem. I even use it on the Monty with 6.5 sec change. 

[-GOD-]
Members
783 posts
4 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

EL is hilarious with 75% decrease in time to change shell types.

Never use it, like to unload my guns the old fashion way, FIRE, lol

[AAA]
Members
873 posts
10,188 battles
13 hours ago, bosco1111 said:

Never use it, like to unload my guns the old fashion way, FIRE, lol

It’s great on the bbs. I use he because I hate non pens when firing early in a game or bow in bbs but can shift to ap fast. 

On the dm I didn’t think I would use but boy you see that broadside cruiser and 1 second later ap rounds are flying.  It’s great for ranked/clan battle when getting ships out of a game is huge.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,031 posts
9,128 battles

You don't need LS on Des Moines so I suggest respec. 

For a 16-pt John Doe, I suggest

PT, EM, AR, SI, DE, CE

Must-have skills:

PT(indispensable for a cruiser)

AR(more DPM)

SI(extra heal+radar)

CE(important for cruisers, especially so for Des Moines who can ambush and burst down a target fast)

Other useful skills:

EL(quickly swap to AP, slightly less useful for DM who already have fast reload)

IFA(avoid getting deleted by long-range BB shells)

JoAT(faster reload on heal/radar)

EM(Des Moines turret traverse is not great so she can use some help there)

DE(high RoF + bonus fire chance = even more fires)

SE(some extra HP always helps)

Vigilance(if you have trouble dodging torpedoes)

RL(works well with ambush playstyle but a bit too expensive)

Sign in to follow this