You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Pro explaination needed please. ( Botting? )

13 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
898 posts

I don't understand the Bot thing in Ranked because I don't play it often,  but I do have an idea why people may do it from reading the threads... I think.  But help me out. WHY would someone join a COOP and then sail around ( not afk ) and never fire a shot?  I'm not talking some low tier noob ship either.   I just left a T 8-9 working on my new ship and watched a t9 BB just sail around for the entire round.  Never fired a shot even when it was an EASY kill against a CA I was fighting.

Do they get anything out of it? 

I have also been cruising around in my ShinyHorse piling up the Secondary hits for the task and not using main guns until I HAVE to but I see people FAR away from the action just hanging out. 

Thanx for any positive input.

Col Out

• Funny 1

Members
2,897 posts
10,717 battles

You'd probably have to ask them in-game. It could be a lot of random different things. 

Someone attempting to bot in co-op, isnt even really choosing the optimal route (at least theoretically, I think).

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,005 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

WHY would someone join a COOP and then sail around ( not afk ) and never fire a shot?

Because they are idiots! Also that would qualify as an attempt to rig/throw the battle to the opponents. Report them in a support ticket with the replay for that rules violation.

Members
1,188 posts
6,763 battles
6 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

You'd probably have to ask them in-game. It could be a lot of random different things. 

Someone attempting to bot in co-op, isnt even really choosing the optimal route (at least theoretically, I think).

I think because of the short rounds, very high win percentage and aggressive nature of the bots Co-Op actually is optimal for botting. You can get through at least 2-3 rounds for every one random match you could be in, you'll win the vast majority of the time (thus getting the XP win bonus most of the time) and you're likelier to ram/do damage against hyper-aggressive bots charging your ship than you are against human players. 

Members
2,897 posts
10,717 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

I think because of the short rounds, very high win percentage and aggressive nature of the bots Co-Op actually is optimal for botting. You can get through at least 2-3 rounds for every one random match you could be in, you'll win the vast majority of the time (thus getting the XP win bonus most of the time) and you're likelier to ram/do damage against hyper-aggressive bots charging your ship than you are against human players. 

For botting I dont know if that is more efficient. Just quickly cycling through a few choice premiums in random, may be more efficient. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles

There's secondary missions going on right now in the directives. I take the Georgia or Bismark out in coop for those.  I don't shoot my main guns at the targets, as I need them to survive longer to get more secondary hits. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,312 posts
11,640 battles
25 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I don't understand the Bot thing in Ranked because I don't play it often,  but I do have an idea why people may do it from reading the threads... I think.  But help me out. WHY would someone join a COOP and then sail around ( not afk ) and never fire a shot?  I'm not talking some low tier noob ship either.   I just left a T 8-9 working on my new ship and watched a t9 BB just sail around for the entire round.  Never fired a shot even when it was an EASY kill against a CA I was fighting.

I have also been cruising around in my ShinyHorse piling up the Secondary hits for the task and not using main guns until I HAVE to but I see people FAR away from the action just hanging out. 

Col Out

Only valid reason would be a weird bug that I haven't seen in a long time where my guns would pick some point to aim themselves at, and stay locked there. Aim somewhere else, turn, wouldn't matter, the guns are pointed at the middle of E7 or something. I haven't seen it in a couple years, and it only happened to me like twice. If I suffered from that bug I would just attempt to ram and get it over with. There might still be a bug where you have no control over your ship and your camera actually detached from your ship, leaving you to watch your ship sail off without you. Also, super rare, and happened to me in my Graf Zeppelin at least twice. Haven't seen that since just before the great Graf Zeppelin rework.

If the ship somehow manages to score a single point it will not be counted as AFK and will get whatever rewards it gets. If it gets carried, it will earn better. All for being AFK and running whatever they run. Got no problem with them getting banned either.

[GOB]
Members
898 posts
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

There's secondary missions going on right now in the directives. I take the Georgia or Bismark out in coop for those.  I don't shoot my main guns at the targets, as I need them to survive longer to get more secondary hits. 

Yes I mentioned that in my post but no ship has Hit them from the border secondaries.  He would actually sial back towards the fight then turn around again.. that's why I know he wasn't AFK

BTW everyone this isn't the only time I have seen this in the past few day or I would just assume it was a Pee Break or something.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,580 posts
23,577 battles

I have seen a few of those. They sail at max range, but never shoot. If it is a bot, then it is either a bad one or that guy didn't find a aim bot to add.

About 3 years ago, there was a red Tirpitz that sailed in a complete other direction then the team. 

He was always broadside and only shot at bigger ships. When he spotted my DD close by, he didn't even aim at me.

Half a year later, there was a Cleveland that sailed near a cap. When my Warspite showed up, he started to move backwards and fire AP all the time. The reds tried to talk to him, no responce.

Also: there are pink players, that prefer to move to the border and spend their time there.

Members
2,641 posts
7,566 battles

Could be a bot, could be someone letting a young child sail the big boats around the pretty map, could be someone trying to work off a pink/orange status and they don’t want to be bothered getting close and playing where someone can run into their ship, could just be someone that’s loading up the game and wants to go on a scenic cruise around the map (you see plenty of those in randoms too, it’s not just limited to co-op)

[GWG]
Members
6,505 posts

If they don't shoot the bots, or if they intentionally miss...  The bots will ignore them.

Try a T1 battle with a zero point captain..  just sail around shooting the water...   Guess what?  Bots will sail right up to you and not fire.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,037 posts
17,200 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

Botting programs are bought on the promise of leveling an account or ship line up with no input from the owner of the account....

Note: I'm bad but have never botted.....

:)