You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bolted_On

This is why I get fed up....

148 comments in this topic

[-TD-]
Members
16 posts
12,722 battles

Maximum HE shell damage on a Russian tier 8 Vladivostok battleship is listed as 5850.   Now I know you don't do max damage on every shot, but when you shoot a Jutland destroyer point blank in the soft areas (after 11K battles believe me I know where they are) and you register 6 HE shell hits but only do 8796 damage, then someone's calculations are screwed up and it's total [edited].   And WG wonders why players are leaving.   Just wait until the sub fiasco hits.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
11,771 battles
16 minutes ago, Bolted_On said:

Maximum HE shell damage on a Russian tier 8 Vladivostok battleship is listed as 5850.   Now I know you don't do max damage on every shot, but when you shoot a Jutland destroyer point blank in the soft areas (after 11K battles believe me I know where they are) and you register 6 HE shell hits but only do 8796 damage, then someone's calculations are screwed up and it's total [edited].   And WG wonders why players are leaving.   Just wait until the sub fiasco hits.

https://youtu.be/1jAaPu_FNLg?list=PLVmXzlhZvJVSo3LA0O0ccjHRxxv-Qzchb

Edited by Salvo_Creative

[FML]
Members
3,158 posts
13,471 battles
11 minutes ago, Bolted_On said:

So, maybe the first one did do max damage, and then the others eventually saturated that section of the ship so kept doing zero damage. Why not spray it around their ship a bit more?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
5 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, maybe the first one did do max damage, and then the others eventually saturated that section of the ship so kept doing zero damage. Why not spray it around their ship a bit more?

I agree with your first sentence, 100%.  But sometimes you can't spray it around to different parts of the ship.  If a DD is charging directly at you, you're more than likely to just hit the bow repeatedly.  Sometimes, it's best to hold your fire until the charging DD starts to make his turn to open his broadside and then fire at him before he can fully open up his torp launchers.  You can hit more than just the bow, and have a decent chance of disabling or destroying his torp launchers (in case your volley didn't outright sink him).

[FML]
Members
3,158 posts
13,471 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I agree with your first sentence, 100%.  But sometimes you can't spray it around to different parts of the ship.  If a DD is charging directly at you, you're more than likely to just hit the bow repeatedly.  Sometimes, it's best to hold your fire until the charging DD starts to make his turn to open his broadside and then fire at him before he can fully open up his torp launchers.  You can hit more than just the bow, and have a decent chance of disabling or destroying his torp launchers (in case your volley didn't outright sink him).

Well, yes. In that case, one must demonstrate patience and strong fire discipline in order to spray the shells over the enemy ship once it has commenced a turn. So, I think we are agreed. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,918 posts
7,557 battles

Starting in 0.7, Battleship shells larger than 280mm only do 10% of the AP max damage to destroyers (except for Harugumo and Khaba, which can still take full pen damage). 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
11,771 battles
22 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Well, yes. In that case, one must demonstrate patience and strong fire discipline in order to spray the shells over the enemy ship once it has commenced a turn. So, I think we are agreed. 

I love doing this, they try their last ditch effort to get fish in the water. But no no. 

[S0L0]
Members
297 posts
7,222 battles

HE shells (and all shells in this game) will do 33% damage upon penning a ship. 
This only gets lower especially with Destroyers as damage saturation kicks in. 

You can only do full listed damage if you hit a citadel. 

Edited by JB_24

[CTF38]
Members
4,525 posts
13,224 battles
53 minutes ago, Bolted_On said:

Have you tried downloading WASD hack?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,537 posts
23,511 battles

11k battles and no clue how damage works.

You know why I'm fed up? My company still expects me to show up for 4 days a week. And that after 25 years of service.

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,438 posts
3,332 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

everything about this game is rigged. if you think otherwise I feel sorry for all of you.

I, likewise, feel sorry for you and other such conspiratorial thinking people.  Such a sad way to live.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,598 posts
7,417 battles

With HE pen rules, the absolute maximum you’d be able to do with those 6 hits is 11k and change. But as soon as you start shooting at a portion of a ship, damage saturation will begin to kick in, and for ships with smaller health pools in each section, damage saturation will set in even faster. Assuming it was a full health destroyer, hitting six higher damage HE shells into one part of the ship (assuming it was something like the bow or stern that can actually get saturated) will almost guaranteed deplete a big chunk of that section’s health and start reducing damage through damage saturation.

[PHASE]
Members
5,170 posts
17,644 battles
5 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I, likewise, feel sorry for you and other such conspiratorial thinking people.  Such a sad way to live.

how many examples would you like me to provide

Members
336 posts
1 hour ago, Bolted_On said:

Here is the biggest problem you are missing.....

The listed max damage is only if it's a citadel penetration. So on DDs it's impossible to do full HE shell damage. 11 000 battles and you don't know this? I think the issue is in the chair, not with the game.

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

[PHASE]
Members
5,170 posts
17,644 battles
23 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

still waiting..

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,438 posts
3,332 battles
19 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

how many examples would you like me to provide

Real examples or "I don't understand statistics/game mechanics" examples?  Every example I've ever seen posted on this forum falls into the latter category.

Edited by Helstrem

[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
11,771 battles
23 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I know right, 

I am a trash player, I strive myself to be better and as a result I have become better. 

You just have to believe in yourself as well as knowing a ship intimately. 

[PHASE]
Members
5,170 posts
17,644 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Real examples or "I don't understand statistics" examples?  Every example I've ever seen posted on this forum falls into the latter category.

lols. I see. and you feel sorry for me.... play more and you will see.....

[PHASE]
Members
5,170 posts
17,644 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Ah.  An "I don't understand statistics" response.

I understand statistics. It's why I say what I say. I also understand that you may be new to the game and feel that everything is still...fair. I wish I were in your shoes. I truly do.