Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PurpleAki

Armory Commander Specialization

13 comments in this topic

[-D-S-]
Members
70 posts
6,455 battles

In the armory are some (comic book style) commanders, in their description it says they have a "specialization" for a T10 ship.

What are the specializations? Can't find any additional info anywhere.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,417 posts
20,527 battles

I think you're talking about the "Rogue Wave" event commanders in the Armory.  Like this one:

qQeFqEw.jpg

His specialization is that he's already trained for Tier X French Destroyer "Kleber."  Ivan the Terrible is already trained for Tier X RU DD "Grozovoi."

The ones with ribbons on the bottom right of their portrait have special, enhanced traits to them.

mP0S3pX.jpg

The armory doesn't tell you what those enhanced traits are, so here's a link so you can read up on what those are: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-D-S-]
Members
70 posts
6,455 battles

Yes that's what I'm referring too. Do these commanders have improved skills when you place them in the listed ship? For your example above for Kleber, does that mean they have extra fire chance or improved adrenaline rush etc when they are in that ship?

[WOLFG]
Members
6,936 posts
4,987 battles
Just now, PurpleAki said:

Yes that's what I'm referring too. Do these commanders have improved skills when you place them in the listed ship? For your example above for Kleber, does that mean they have extra fire chance or improved adrenaline rush etc when they are in that ship?

No.  It just means you can drop the commander in the Kleber without any retraining.

[-D-S-]
Members
70 posts
6,455 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

No.  It just means you can drop the commander in the Kleber without any retraining.

Ok they should really remove the word special from the description.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,936 posts
4,987 battles
Just now, PurpleAki said:

I agree, they should have a different name than the commanders with specific skills.

[-D-S-]
Members
70 posts
6,455 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I agree, they should have a different name than the commanders with specific skills.

Thanks for your help guys.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,953 battles
22 minutes ago, PurpleAki said:

They are special since they are all ready for a particular tier 10 ship when others are specialized for one nations tier one ship. I believe the ones with the stripe are referred to as unique commanders due to their unique captain skills boosts.

[PVE]
Members
3,838 posts
22,021 battles
2 hours ago, PurpleAki said:

In the armory are some (comic book style) commanders, in their description it says they have a "specialization" for a T10 ship.

What are the specializations? Can't find any additional info anywhere.

"Specialization" refers to the ship a commander is assigned to...it always has in this game...at least since open beta 4 years ago.

But it's never "special"...it's always "specialization".

It costs doubloons/elite commander XP/(sometimes massive) grinding to change a commanders specialization so it's good (if you have the ship in question) to get 1 specifically specified for a high tier ship so you don't have to grind 1 from 1 point.

[ALL41]
Members
478 posts
10,233 battles

It would be less confusing if the wording was something like, "Trained for Tier-10 Kleber."

[WOLF5]
Members
22 posts
10,693 battles

I think he's asking, what's the specialization...what can they do or have for these dd's that other captains don't. And yes you do have to retrain these captains, if you drop them in from another ship. 

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,018 posts
2,971 battles

It's also worth noting that its possible to have multiples of these event commanders. I'm using them to put 10 point commanders in all my USN CLs for instance.

They do need retrained from being Gearing captains, but that's what premium ships are for :)

Sign in to follow this