You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pastore123

1 Tier Match Making?

13 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
Members
933 posts
8,121 battles

I have played a few games in the last 24 hours. Out of those games, I have seen about 3-4 matches where it was only tier 8, or tier 10. Is this a new common theme with match making?

[WOLFG]
Members
7,027 posts
5,038 battles
1 minute ago, pastore123 said:

I have played a few games in the last 24 hours. Out of those games, I have seen about 3-4 matches where it was only tier 8, or tier 10. Is this a new common theme with match making?

The new matchmaking of having a fixed percentage of games where you have to be top tier seems to force a all tier match on occasion.  T10 gets dragged affected because T9 matches also get forced to being top.

[RM-I]
Members
933 posts
8,121 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The new matchmaking of having a fixed percentage of games where you have to be top tier seems to force a all tier match on occasion.  T10 gets dragged affected because T9 matches also get forced to being top.

I saw the same thing with tier 8 yesterday. Had a match just all tier 8s (was the only time I played tier 8 top tier and not bottom tier).  

[3COWS]
Members
713 posts
15 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

match making can be bad at certain times of day. 

When the player count is around 3,000 this can happen when there is more ships in a higher tier than your same tier to choose from in the queue, 

at the peak time of around 13,000 players it has a tenancy to do this also 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,219 posts
9,994 battles
33 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

Out of those games, I have seen about 3-4 matches where it was only tier 8, or tier 10. Is this a new common theme with match making?

Yes, it is. I don't mind it in the least, because I can live with not beating up T6 if I don't have to be T10's whipping boy.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,523 posts
3,895 battles

So here's a question--

How fun was that game where all ships participating were the same tier?

Another question--

How would you rate how fun it was compared to a game where most of your opponents have a 2-tier advantage on you?

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[RM-I]
Members
933 posts
8,121 battles
7 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

So here's a question--

Another question--

How would you rate how fun it was compared to a game where you're at a 2-tier disadvantage?

I actually don't mind being bottom tier. For all of the tier 8 games that I was bottom tier, I came in the top 5. It actually provides more credits and xp. I didn't have as much fun with all 1 tier. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,523 posts
3,895 battles
4 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I actually don't mind being bottom tier. For all of the tier 8 games that I was bottom tier, I came in the top 5. It actually provides more credits and xp. I didn't have as much fun with all 1 tier. 

I didn't ask about credits/Xp. Credits/xp is a post-match thing, not something that impacts you during the match.

Was the actual battle fun?

[GOBI]
Members
817 posts
2,221 battles
29 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

So here's a question--

Another question--

How would you rate how fun it was compared to a game where most of your opponents have a 2-tier advantage on you?

Much more fun. 

Not very. In a t7 CA playing against a bunch of t9 dd and BB  with some t8 CA is just really tough, and is usually a quick trip back to port for me unless my team is the far better of the two.

I play off and on between 1400 and 0400 est. I find best mm in the mid afternoon. After 0000 it gets really bad. Would be interesting to see a statistical chart of a average 24 hour cycle of how many players are on at the top of each hour.

[HOT]
Members
59 posts
4,217 battles

2 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Much more fun. 

Not very. In a t7 CA playing against a bunch of t9 dd and BB  with some t8 CA is just really tough, and is usually a quick trip back to port for me unless my team is the far better of the two.

I play off and on between 1400 and 0400 est. I find best mm in the mid afternoon. After 0000 it gets really bad. Would be interesting to see a statistical chart of a average 24 hour cycle of how many players are on at the top of each hour.

Or tier 6 NM and 2 CV’s per team  8 and a 6 being in game lol

[RM-I]
Members
933 posts
8,121 battles
46 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I didn't ask about credits/Xp. Credits/xp is a post-match thing, not something that impacts you during the match.

Was the actual battle fun?

Yeah. I think it's fun to be bottom and out do upper classed ships. This is a video game and video games should present challenge. When it's all tier 10 or all tier 8 etc. people tend to stay back even more.