You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Angry_Nerd

YUDACHI, Tier-7, Japanese Premium Destroyer Review / Giveaway

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,474 posts
6,461 battles

I purchased Yudachi along with the Admiral Pack (commemorative flag, signal flags, 10 point commander & etc.)

After sailing her in a few battles, I added "Steering Gears" modification to help her maneuver better.  She's very stable and smooth during turns and feels as though her turning radius is larger than most DDs.  So, the quicker rudder shift helps her 'dance' better, in my opinion, though she's still nowhere near to becoming a whitewater kayak.
I also added a Captain's skill to improve her turret traverse speed.  In "stock" premium configuration, the ship can out-turn the turrets, even at 1/2 rudder.  She's more 'playable' after having her turret rotation speeds improved.

Knife-fighting isn't her strong suit, but her torpedoes can do damage (if they hit) and her guns can do damage (if they hit).
While she's ideally suited to longer-range stealth-torping, she can 'joust' and deliver a point-blank torpedo salvo with the best of them (provided she has enough health to survive the incoming secondary & primary gunfire through the attack approach path).

Her top speed is not the fastest among DDs, so plan accordingly.

As another person mentioned elsewhere, it would have been really nice if Yudachi was accompanied by an appropriate Captain that would say, among other things, "Poi", during dialogue sound bites.

As a fan of Kantai Collection anime, I enjoy having Yudachi in my port.

See you on the virtual seas.

• Cool 1

[TWE]
Members
106 posts
2,199 battles
On 9/29/2019 at 8:05 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I purchased Yudachi along with the Admiral Pack (commemorative flag, signal flags, 10 point commander & etc.)

After sailing her in a few battles, I added "Steering Gears" modification to help her maneuver better.  She's very stable and smooth during turns and feels as though her turning radius is larger than most DDs.  So, the quicker rudder shift helps her 'dance' better, in my opinion, though she's still nowhere near to becoming a whitewater kayak.
I also added a Captain's skill to improve her turret traverse speed.  In "stock" premium configuration, the ship can out-turn the turrets, even at 1/2 rudder.  She's more 'playable' after having her turret rotation speeds improved.

Knife-fighting isn't her strong suit, but her torpedoes can do damage (if they hit) and her guns can do damage (if they hit).
While she's ideally suited to longer-range stealth-torping, she can 'joust' and deliver a point-blank torpedo salvo with the best of them (provided she has enough health to survive the incoming secondary & primary gunfire through the attack approach path).

Her top speed is not the fastest among DDs, so plan accordingly.

As another person mentioned elsewhere, it would have been really nice if Yudachi was accompanied by an appropriate Captain that would say, among other things, "Poi", during dialogue sound bites.

As a fan of Kantai Collection anime, I enjoy having Yudachi in my port.

See you on the virtual seas.

Good overview thanks! I just received the ship from a santa crate. 

I typically play Russian T5-7 DD and German T8-9 DD, so will be curious to see what she does. 15km torps are pretty crazy, but granted they are slow as hell at 57

Members
1,474 posts
6,461 battles
4 hours ago, Tigershark87 said:

Good overview thanks! I just received the ship from a santa crate. 

I typically play Russian T5-7 DD and German T8-9 DD, so will be curious to see what she does. 15km torps are pretty crazy, but granted they are slow as hell at 57

:cap_like: