Sign in to follow this  
RainbowFartingUnicorn

Operations and Directives

8 comments in this topic

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,993 battles

Perhaps it is to allow one to accomplish the tasks in battle modes they enjoy. Restricting such events to Random, Clan and Ranked is illogical, demoralizing and excludes those who don't want to play those modes. There are plenty of special missions that are restricted to one or more of those PVP modes, the Campaigns are the perfect examples. However if a directive excludes Co op and Operations it is no big deal. Suck it up and play the mode that is required or bypass that directive. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,893 posts
3,341 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Perhaps it is to allow one to accomplish the tasks in battle nodes they enjoy. Restricting such events to Random, Clan and Ranked is illogical, demoralizing and excludes those who don't want to play those modes. There are plenty of special missions that are restricted to one or more of those PVP modes, the Campaigns are the perfect examples. However if a directive excludes Co op and Operations it is no big deal. Suck it up and play the mode that is required or bypass that directive. 

52 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

@CAPTMUDDXX

Did I miss something in the news page notes? Are some of the Sam directives mode restricted?

Yes, I am just wondering how they decide what will be restricted. In the last two directives, I believe all of the tasks were achievable in operations. In the current directive, initially none were, but now the only the credit and XP grinds are achievable in operations.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[RLGN]
Members
12,043 posts
21,595 battles
3 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yes, I am just wondering how they decide what will be restricted. In the last two directives, I believe all of the tasks were achievable in operations. In the current directive, initially none were, but now the only the credit and XP grinds are achievable in operations.

Still working on 2, is 3 unlocked now?

Members
1,893 posts
3,341 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Still working on 2, is 3 unlocked now?

No, I meant the last two French directives. IIRC all those tasks or at least the majority of them were achievable in operations. In the Anniversary directive, only the credit and XP grinds are, not the combat ribbon and damage ones.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,993 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Did I miss something in the news page notes? Are some of the Sam directives mode restricted?

Just another 'I want this to be this way all of the time' threads. Some folks just don't want to accept the fact that WG changes up requirements to keep things interesting. The Special Twitch Missions for example required PVP modes and the requirements were quite steep. I had several of them and only completed one or two.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles
19 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

In the Anniversary directive, only the credit and XP grinds are, not the combat ribbon and damage ones.

The combat ribbon and damage tasks either do not require operations or would be too easy to achieve there. Remember, Operations is unique in that team damage is turned off. This turns the difficulty DOWN significantly for ribbon and damage tasks, but a failed operation will net you nothing much in terms of XP and credits. It's to stop you farming an operation (particularly Killer Whale) for ribbons and damage while hanging your colleagues out to dry in terms of completion.

Sign in to follow this