You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WhaleWarrior

Clearing Victory Bonuses for Collectors

48 comments in this topic

Members
94 posts
14,284 battles

Players with high quantity of ships should be given more time to clear the victory bonuses. Or implement a system like with 200+ ships u only need to clear 75% of your fleet. Above 300 ships u only need to clear 50%. Then other ships will auto clear,.How can someone with 300+ ships, play ranked, clanwars, participate in public tests and get to clear all the victory bonuses of all ships? 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[-K-]
Members
4,957 posts
16,257 battles

The whole point of this system is to impose diminishing returns on what you get for owning a ton of stuff. If they meant for you to get it all, they would have just dropped the rewards straight in your wallet.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,551 posts
13,043 battles

I also have 200+ ships but my take on it is to do the Tier 8+ ships to get those rewards.  The compensation for the others is lower than the threshold for my patience to earn those rewards.  I don't think it's incumbent on WG to give me the rest.

Even if they did I'd have to tolerate threads lamenting 'It's not Fair' for weeks afterwards.

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
2,217 posts
11,364 battles
7 minutes ago, WhaleWarrior said:

Players with high quantity of ships should be given more time to clear the victory bonuses. Or implement a system like with 200+ ships u only need to clear 75% of your fleet. Above 300 ships u only need to clear 50%. Then other ships will auto clear,.How can someone with 300+ ships, play ranked, clanwars, participate in public tests and get to clear all the victory bonuses of all ships? 

Prioritize.

For example: If you're burning a consumable camo on ships where you're clearing the bonus on ships that are yielding only camo, you might want to take a pass on those bonuses. Particularly if you're playing randoms and are doing low tiers where the bonus yield is only one camo per ship: Two battles (and thus two camos) on average to get one camo.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
908 posts
12,294 battles

Eh, the container rewards were my only concern, and that was quite easy to do, though even in Co-Op it took some time.  The camo rewards are just a bonus when I played anything T7 and under.

Pretty much I prioritized the container rewards, and now I'm just doing my thing and getting camo for doing it if I choose a ship that still has the bonus for her. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,091 posts
9,835 battles
11 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

For example: If you're burning a consumable camo on ships where you're clearing the bonus on ships that are yielding only camo, you might want to take a pass on those bonuses.

Prioritize indeed. If you're spamming first wins to clear flakes and at the same time get FXP for either Unsinkable Sam or the Directive 2 FXP mission, and you wanted to take advantage (up until last night) of the 200% first win bonuses, it made sense to burn those camos because you would at least replace them at the same rate you burned them (or better for higher-tier or premium ships). If the idea is first and foremost to stash camos against future need, you either go out naked, in a cheap credits one-shot, or in standard premium ship issue camo.

• Boring 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,127 posts
19,915 battles

@WhaleWarrior Ah no! There is absolutely no reason that anyone should receive a bonus they did not earn. The first victory bonus per ship is earned by playing the ship. If one, such as I have more ships that can be played in a day, TOO DARN BAD Bucko! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
Members
3,941 posts
17,858 battles

I had a hard enough time clearing the bonuses off my 125 ships. So I sold about 30 of them and am ready for the next round...

• Confused 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,784 posts
12,774 battles

You have until the 16th to clear them. they clear quickly if you do them in co-op.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
5,623 posts

I currently have 174 ships.  I cleared everything in 2 days.  Granted, it was a long 2 days and that is an extreme example but we have an entire month to do it.

All you need the win, coop is fast and it almost always wins. 

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
6 hours ago, WhaleWarrior said:

3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I currently have 174 ships.  I cleared everything in 2 days.  Granted, it was a long 2 days and that is an extreme example but we have an entire month to do it.

This^^^

I have 266 ships. I've prioritized the T8+ and am getting the lower tier ships as I do the credit missions in the Directives. Co-op is a great way to clear flakes as the battles are fast.

Members
3,933 posts
4,205 battles
8 hours ago, Edgecase said:

The whole point of this system is to impose diminishing returns on what you get for owning a ton of stuff. If they meant for you to get it all, they would have just dropped the rewards straight in your wallet.

They still could. "Congratz on clearing half your ships. Here's a 2% off coupon on us. :cap_like:

[LWA]
Members
793 posts
11,971 battles
9 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

I also have 200+ ships but my take on it is to do the Tier 8+ ships to get those rewards.  The compensation for the others is lower than the threshold for my patience to earn those rewards.  I don't think it's incumbent on WG to give me the rest.

Even if they did I'd have to tolerate threads lamenting 'It's not Fair' for weeks afterwards.

This ^^

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,784 posts
12,774 battles
6 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I haven't been pushing and I have only tier 6 left to clear. Yeah, I haven't set foot in random or an operation but they are going quickly and I have only had to run one ship a second time.

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,835 battles

I haven't even cleared out all of my tier 8+ ships yet, and I don't plan too. I most certainly do not plan on clearing anything lower than tier 8, unless it's because I just happen to be in the mood to play those lower tiers...

I won't be changing this behavior when I get 200+ ships, as the tier 8+ are the only ones with the best rewards (unless they change it in the future)

[A-D-F]
5,623 posts
25 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I haven't even cleared out all of my tier 8+ ships yet, and I don't plan too. I most certainly do not plan on clearing anything lower than tier 8, unless it's because I just happen to be in the mood to play those lower tiers...

I won't be changing this behavior when I get 200+ ships, as the tier 8+ are the only ones with the best rewards (unless they change it in the future)

I know they are not super containers but those camos can be valuable in long grinds. Between the flakes and the codes from the streams I ended up with 240~ of the camos.  That is going to make grinding down some lines much faster.

I don't advise skipping getting these rewards on purpose.  They are easy to get and can continue to help you for a long time in the future.

• Boring 1

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,835 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I know they are not super containers but those camos and special flags are very valuable. Between the flakes and the codes from the streams I ended up with 240~ of the camos.  That is going to make grinding down some lines much faster.

I also used some of the special flags from gift boxes along with the %200 daily win bonus on top of the %200 XP bonus for 25 wins from the Ark Royal and combined all that with Killer Whale this week.  I am out of the 200% bonuses now but I pulled in nearly 500K FXP very quickly by using those items.

This got me the rest of the way to the Friesland and I have almost 300K FXP already built back up toward whatever comes next.

I have literally hundreds of normal XP special flags left from this that will be big boost in things like Narai.  The + credit special flags will be very useful in making future directives for future events that require a credit grind, much faster.

I don't advise skipping getting these rewards on purpose.  They are easy to get and can continue to help you for a long time in the future.

That's awesome. You see value in getting all the camo from those ships, while others do not. I am on the side that does not (at least right now, it could change as my priorities change). But I have 2 things that come first: Oil for clan, Getting IJN BB line to tier 10 (now currently at tier 9). I already have enough camo and bonuses, to make the tier9->10 grind easier, so any time not playing the Izumo, is wasted time, while any time not getting containers, is wasted time (I still need to knock off Musashi's gift, she is being a pain in the rear to knock off). And Oil for Clan is top priority, gotta increase them clan bonuses.

[A-D-F]
5,623 posts
18 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That's awesome. You see value in getting all the camo from those ships, while others do not. I am on the side that does not (at least right now, it could change as my priorities change). But I have 2 things that come first: Oil for clan, Getting IJN BB line to tier 10 (now currently at tier 9). I already have enough camo and bonuses, to make the tier9->10 grind easier, so any time not playing the Izumo, is wasted time, while any time not getting containers, is wasted time (I still need to knock off Musashi's gift, she is being a pain in the rear to knock off). And Oil for Clan is top priority, gotta increase them clan bonuses.

Just saying you mentioned "when you get to 200 ships". Getting everything you can from the game for free, is how many people GET to 200 ships.  An investment now pays off in dividends, for many future 9-10 grinds. 

How do you get oil?  XP.  Want to get XP with less effort so you can get oil for less effort?  100% camos that you got for free :).

Also regarding Musashi, just do it like most people do every ship in their port, one 5 or less minute game, coop.  Sink a ship or two, get the win and on to the next.  You are just after the win, as fast as possible.

Members
1,877 posts
3,294 battles

OK... if you get to 200 ships, do you really care about grinding all the Tier VI and Tier VII ones to get camos? Or do you have a gazillion camos already? Obviously having priorities helps here. Grind all the Tier X ships for the supercontainers. If you have time and aren't tired of it, go back and grind all the Tier IX ships for the double gift containers. If you're not sick of coop then, go do all the Tier VIII ones. 

[OO7]
Members
3,832 posts
9,054 battles

I know one person who reset every line prior to this patch to automatically get the rewards for the whole line on the patch.

And then to try to regrind as much as possible to get them again ;-)

Members
1,072 posts

If you don't want to play the ships, even through Co-Op, then you don't get the rewards.  It's that simple.  

You don't need any extra help.

[A-D-F]
5,623 posts
2 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

OK... if you get to 200 ships, do you really care about grinding all the Tier VI and Tier VII ones to get camos?

Absolutely.

I want as many free things as possible to help me get the next 200 ships.  As long as I am playing the game, I am going to do it as efficiently as possible.

Members
1,877 posts
3,294 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Absolutely.

I want as many free things as possible to help me get the next 200 ships.  As long as I am playing the game, I am going to do it as efficiently as possible.

Well, I agree, except of course I don't even have a first 100 ships. I think at the level of having 200 ships in port, grinding Tier VI and Tier VII ships to get free camos would not be a very efficient method of getting the next 200 ships.