Bualar

Clan Brawl Issue (09/21)

26 comments in this topic

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

Hi guys,

As some of you may know we had an issue with Clan Brawl last Saturday when some players were unable to get in a battle and were stuck in an endless queue.

First of all, we successfully found the cause of that issue and fixed it for good. (yay!)
Also, there will be compensation until the end of this week for affected players who were in a queue for more than 10 minutes:

• 2,500,000 Credits
  • 100,000 Elite Commander XP
  • 3,500 Coal

• Cool 7
  • Angry 1

Members
485 posts
12,794 battles

@Bualar

That's great to hear. We have around 10 members of my clan who waited for about two hours but were never able to get into a game. That was very frustrating. 

For experienced players like us, those rewards are pretty worthless, honestly. But thanks for giving out something. 

How will WG know which players were affected and when will we get the compensation? 

[SALVO]
Members
22,935 posts
23,508 battles
33 minutes ago, Bualar said:

Hi guys,

As some of you may know we had an issue with Clan Brawl last Saturday when some players were unable to get in a battle and were stuck in an endless queue.

First of all, we successfully found the cause of that issue and fixed it for good. (yay!)
Also, there will be compensation for affected players:

• 2,500,000 Credits
  • 3,500 Coal

How do you know who was affected?  

Personally, I was divv'd up with 2 other clan mates, and waited for something like 5-10 minutes, and didn't see a single battle.  And we never tried again, since none of us wanted to waste time doing nothing but sitting in what seemed like an empty queue.

[187]
Members
1,625 posts
9,511 battles

Squeaky wheels 

38 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Personally, I was divv'd up with 2 other clan mates, and waited for something like 5-10 minutes, and didn't see a single battle.  And we never tried again, since none of us wanted to waste time doing nothing but sitting in what seemed like an empty queue.

Wisdom is the principal thing... +1

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
204 posts
9,102 battles

It wasn't just the people who were stuck in queue.  There were more of us who were logged in but didn't even bother trying because nobody from our clan was getting in.

[SALVO]
Members
22,935 posts
23,508 battles
15 minutes ago, Tibson said:

It wasn't just the people who were stuck in queue.  There were more of us who were logged in but didn't even bother trying because nobody from our clan was getting in.

I think that the problem is that if they gave you compensation as someone who never even got in the Clan Brawl queue, they'd have no way to tell what members of clans deserve compensation or which ones don't, short of perhaps giving compensation to ALL members of clans who were logged on the day of the clan brawl (and perhaps if their clan had even picked a clan brawl time window).  And that may be more compensation than WG is willing to give out.   At least if they limit it to people who actually entered the CB queue, the numbers would probably be more acceptable to them.  But we'll see.  Maybe they will be overly generous about who they'll compensate on this issue.

[-BRS-]
Members
37 posts
4,121 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that the problem is that if they gave you compensation as someone who never even got in the Clan Brawl queue, they'd have no way to tell what members of clans deserve compensation or which ones don't, short of perhaps giving compensation to ALL members of clans who were logged on the day of the clan brawl (and perhaps if their clan had even picked a clan brawl time window).  And that may be more compensation than WG is willing to give out.   At least if they limit it to people who actually entered the CB queue, the numbers would probably be more acceptable to them.  But we'll see.  Maybe they will be overly generous about who they'll compensate on this issue.

I understand both sides of that issues.  However there were many users on Discord waiting to try to get in a game.  The penalty of trying to wait it out and lessen the burden of servers (as people were only guessing the cause) would then be nothing.  That seems a little wanting in this circumstance.

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
204 posts
9,102 battles

@Crucis Yeah, I get it. I wanted to make sure they realized it wasn't just the people who hit Battle who felt the pain. Personally,  I joined in once the queue opened, but I doubt everyone in our clan bothered even playing later once it was clear the queue was borked.

Members
1 post
16,038 battles
5 hours ago, Bualar said:

Hi guys,

Also, there will be compensation for affected players:

• 2,500,000 Credits
  • 3,500 Coal

when

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

UPD: 

16 hours ago, Bualar said:

Also, there will be compensation for affected players until the end of this week who were in a queue for more than 10 minutes:

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
20 hours ago, Bualar said:

Also, there will be compensation until the end of this week for affected players who were in a queue for more than 10 minutes:

Oof, get ready for some complaints when people see that part.  That's a very narrow definition of "affected players" given the nature of the issue.

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
2 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Oof, get ready for some complaints when people see that part.  That's a very narrow definition of "affected players" given the nature of the issue.

On one hand yes... On the other hand... How else you would define it? Anyone who in theory could get affected? Or perhaps a player who entered a queue for 1 min then he got an urgent call and couldn't play all day should get compensation as well? So, IMO that's a pretty OK definition of "affected players"

2 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

What is the compensation? When is the "end of the week"?

It's listed in the 1st comment.
It's said "end of this week" so you can just check calendar ;)

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
1 minute ago, Bualar said:

On one hand yes... On the other hand... How else you would define it? Anyone who in theory could get affected? Or perhaps a player who entered a queue for 1 min then he got an urgent call and couldn't play all day should get compensation as well? So, IMO that's pretty OK definition of "affected players"

I agree, it's difficult to define.  There are people who literally sat in a queue for over an hour just to see if anything would happen.  There are people who sat for five minutes and then decided to come back if and when the other people had any luck.  There are people who didn't sit in a queue at all because they were in contact with those people and knew what would happen.  All of those people wanted to play but couldn't.

Personally - and this is just me - I would take an overly generous definition of affected people, as a way to build some goodwill between Wargaming and the playerbase.  What harm would it do if a few extra people had some more credits and coal?  Not much.  

Do you happen to know how many clans were affected overall?

Members
485 posts
12,794 battles
11 minutes ago, Bualar said:

On one hand yes... On the other hand... How else you would define it? Anyone who in theory could get affected? Or perhaps a player who entered a queue for 1 min then he got an urgent call and couldn't play all day should get compensation as well? So, IMO that's a pretty OK definition of "affected players"

It's listed in the 1st comment.
It's said "end of this week" so you can just check calendar ;)

From your previous post, I thought there would be additional compensation aside from the captain XP, credits and coal. It sounded ambiguous to me. 

I don't appreciate the attitude in your comment about the calendar. All I've done is ask relevant questions. I think it's fair to ask if that means Friday or Saturday or Sunday. To me, Saturday is the end of the week, but Friday is the end of the workweek for most, including many WG staff I would think. 

Members
536 posts
19,884 battles

On the one hand at least it's something....

On the other hand, I can understand those who aren't thrilled considering they missed the chance to farm  hundreds of thousands of freeXP...

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

11 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

From your previous post, I thought there would be additional compensation aside from the captain XP, credits and coal. It sounded ambiguous to me. 

Nono, I edited the initial post and highlighted the edited string via comment so everyone could see it.

13 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I don't appreciate the attitude in your comment about the calendar. All I've done is ask relevant questions. I think it's fair to ask if that means Friday or Saturday or Sunday. To me, Saturday is the end of the week, but Friday is the end of the workweek for most, including many WG staff I would think. 

Sorry if I offended you in any way, I really didn't mean to.
Regarding the workweek it's true but I prefer to be caution, so if we plan to give compensation before Friday, I will say before Sunday so that way we have some time if there will be any delay or issue.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Beta Testers
163 posts
12,598 battles

@Bualar What about the fact that the window was opened and closed earlier than stated in the official post. Many lost 3 hours of potential playtime. Website stated 6-11 it ran 4-94CCA0D6D-5092-4203-B235-9C9111553082.png

Edited by Qckslvrslash

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

49 minutes ago, Qckslvrslash said:

@Bualar What about the fact that the window was opened and closed earlier than stated in the official post. Many lost 3 hours of potential playtime. Website stated 6-11 it ran 4-9

It was mentioned in another topic. The portal had a mistake, the time was incorrect. Sorry for the inconvenience.