Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pallas_2

Epic Slump

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
95 posts
6,884 battles

Just needed a place to complain about the past two weeks. Over the past year I’ve averaged about a 57% win rate, but in the past two weeks it’s been around 40% (although ranked sprint is over 60%). Nothing seems to be going my way and is it  soul crushing to have a few losses with more XP than the leader on the winning team.

I know it will turn around (basic statistics), but a long slump really is maddening.

How does everyone else cope when going through one? I found beer only makes it worse (so I don’t do that much).

Members
321 posts
14,848 battles

Most of your matches seem to be Tier 8 and up.

Try "slumming" down in the lower tiers for a bit and see if that helps.

The gameplay is different and you'll have to re-learn some ships and maps, but I think it would be an overall positive experience for you. 

[WOLFG]
Members
95 posts
6,884 battles
8 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Most of your matches seem to be Tier 8 and up.

Try "slumming" down in the lower tiers for a bit and see if that helps.

The gameplay is different and you'll have to re-learn some ships and maps, but I think it would be an overall positive experience for you. 

Thanks. Might be a good time to get some games in with the Exeter (and rank out in the sprint). I wanted to finish the Jutland grind but it’s likely best to take a break now that the 200% bonus is over. That also might be the issue, I’ve done a lot of ship hoping during the WOWS birthday event.

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles

Slumps happen...   extended slumps happen (at least IME) when one starts to push and 'carry harder' to make the win/break the slump.    Beer is a good start but examine if you are pushing to hard.   Fall back and focus on solid fundamentals and not drive to make the play.   Also going to a wubby ship (if you have one).   The ship you feel the best in no matter the situation.   and if all that fails as well, put away the beer and move on the the scotch  

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
14,679 battles

The best rule of thumb for myself is "3 losses in a row = log out".  I can't explain it, maybe it's RNG, MM, Karma, mental fatigue, Phase of the Moon, Climate Change, etc. - but some days you just have bad sessions, some times its a couple of days in a row.  The best idea is to back away from the keyboard for an hour or so, and try again later.

I had sub par win rate for six months once, some of it was bad luck, most of it was making the quantum leap from tier 4-7 play to tier 8-10 play.  What got me through it was divisioning with decent players and not trying to do more than I was capable of ( not trying to carry like a Unicorn ).

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
95 posts
6,884 battles
1 hour ago, BadWolfz said:

Slumps happen...   extended slumps happen (at least IME) when one starts to push and 'carry harder' to make the win/break the slump.    Beer is a good start but examine if you are pushing to hard.   Fall back and focus on solid fundamentals and not drive to make the play.   Also going to a wubby ship (if you have one).   The ship you feel the best in no matter the situation.   and if all that fails as well, put away the beer and move on the the scotch  

Thanks for that. Might be time to bring out the Republique for a long stretch. Nothing like a bushel of citadels to cheer me up (even if I lose). If I down tier I’ll go kill some DDs in an Atlanta or Cleveland.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this