You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YoeMe

RANKed Sucks, Done with it !!

34 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
25 posts
9,860 battles

Just finished my last Ranked Battle, done playing Ranked.

Played against 4 Premium Ships and our team had none.

How is that FAIR or even teams.

Obviously after you get to the Rank of 5 the advantage goes to Premium Players so they can move up.

Here on out I play till Rank of 5 or till I see an unfair advantage given to Premium Players then done with Ranked.

Premium Players can beat yourselves up, I am not going to help you advance.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[OO7]
Members
5,753 posts
12,700 battles

Everyone is playing from the same pool dude. Rank 2 can see rank 9. They made that change for the past 2 seasons of ranked sprint. 

Kind of makes your argument invalid. 

Also, the best dd at the tier is a Mahan, which is a tech tree ship. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[KMK]
Members
215 posts
9,351 battles

Fiji is another good ship, and Sinop and Gneisenau too, Jervis and Gadjah are good too....

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
33 minutes ago, YoeMe said:

Obviously after you get to the Rank of 5 the advantage goes to Premium Players so they can move up.

Here on out I play till Rank of 5 or till I see an unfair advantage given to Premium Players then done with Ranked.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,622 posts

I ranked out in Sinop.  The only other ships I used were IJN DD line ships.  No premiums were used at all.

Premium ships are not generally "better", some are but as a general rule, they just earn you some of the resources faster.

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,270 battles

I ranked out in a single evening with a SINOP..... was EZ mode.

Just because a ship is "premium" doesn't mean it is good, if your team is such garbage then you should be able to get top score and not loose a star.

I mean really... Belfast has no heal or torps and gets ended by BBs these days and with how many german Bbs have been showing up in ranked you really want those fiji torps to handle thier pushes, Leningrad is good but not the knife fighter the mahan is and is only best at running around and being annoying in caps, the Indi does have radar but it also has a massive citadel. I'd take a Helena any day over it....

I think the real issue here is go outside and get some exercise bro.

Also WG titles are not inherently fair. I'll leave some Dasha motivation for you.

Dasha.jpg.5dc241e4de04037e7e4a645b7cbc4340.thumb.jpg.4f0b84370e63c31443ce778aa5c248ee.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,308 posts
10,164 battles

Another "I lost so I won't play anymore" post. There is no need to make excuses for playing a different battle mode or even a different game. Do what you think is best but don't try to bring others down with you.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
28 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

The only broken premium at t7 is the Belfast imo.

And yet in the end, it's the quality of the player, not the quality of the ship.

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
826 posts
12,201 battles
52 minutes ago, YoeMe said:

How did I manage to rank out in only 20 games with two tech tree ships, Helena and Jervis?

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
50 minutes ago, YoeMe said:

What advantage did you perceive that the premium ships give the OPFOR in comparison to the ships on your team?  What ships did your team have.    Rank frustrates me not due to any ship involved but due to the unwarranted salt  I regularly see there and the lack of consistent team play with many focused more on saving a star vs. winning the match.

[FFLY]
Members
178 posts
10,409 battles
9 minutes ago, BadWolfz said:

What advantage did you perceive that the premium ships give the OPFOR in comparison to the ships on your team?  What ships did your team have.    Rank frustrates me not due to any ship involved but due to the unwarranted salt  I regularly see there and the lack of consistent team play with many focused more on saving a star vs. winning the match.

I liked what is said here.  I just had to let be known that this is a serious reply and an attempt to try to understand

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

And yet in the end, it's the quality of the player, not the quality of the ship.

Why would one assume different quality players.

When judging a ship you must assume equal skill

Members
1,877 posts
3,286 battles
1 hour ago, YoeMe said:

I had a terrible Ranked Sprint run. Took me nearly 50 games to rank out, but I didn't notice premiums having a big effect. The dominant ship was Sinop. The premiums I saw a lot of were Scharnhorst, Nelson, Z-39, Atlanta, and Belfast, but I was afraid of exactly zero of those. Of the tech tree ships, Fiji was a standout, as you would assume. Lots of tech tree ships did very well.

50 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

The only broken premium at t7 is the Belfast imo.

I thought this at first, but lots of Belfasts had really potato drivers this season, and it was beneficial to learn radar counterplay.

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
5 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

I ranked out in a single evening with a SINOP..... was EZ mode.

Just because a ship is "premium" doesn't mean it is good, if your team is such garbage then you should be able to get top score and not loose lose a star.

I mean really... Belfast has no heal or torps and gets ended by BBs these days and with how many German BBs have been showing up in ranked you really want those Fiji torps to handle their pushes, Leningrad is good but not the knife fighter the Mahan is and is only best at running around and being annoying in caps, the Indi does have radar but it also has a massive citadel.

Frankly, the best feature of premium ships is the ability to move captains into them without cost.

As for cruisers in general, there are no non-squishy cruisers at this tier.  And perhaps the only way to have any sort of decent defense is to have your own smoke, like the Belfast, Fiji, or Flint.  As for Radar, sure, it could be nice, but the downside is that you've got to get mighty close to use it.   

Regarding DDs, I like the Leningrad and have had some success with it in Sprint, in large part because I use it as a scout and general harasser, shooting enemies at long range, but coming in closer to caps if there's an enemy DD that my team needs help dealing with.   The Blys isn't bad in this role either.  The Haida isn't a bad shorter range brawler/gunboat and has great concealment, but it has only one rack of torpedoes, which I consider a serious downside.  The Sims isn't all that bad, but it lacks good concealment, IMO, and its torpedoes are rather wimpy in terms of damage.  The Z-39 is a fine torpedo boat with decent concealment for tier 7, but damn her guns reload slowly.  Overall, I tend to prefer the more gunboat-y DDs for competitive play because they seem more reliable than torpedo boats.

BTW, I only mentioned the premium DDs at tier 7 because I don't have any highly skilled captains in my tier 7 tech tree DDs.  And I'd rather use a good premium gunboat DD with a 19 point captain than a torpedo boat with a weaker captain.

[LOIN]
Supertester
654 posts

I've pretty much given up on Ranked, to. But not the same reasons as you though. My reasons are that I just have a tendency of losing most of my matches, knowing that, I'm not going to progress anywhere in Ranked.

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
41 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Why would one assume different quality players.

When judging a ship you must assume equal skill

But the point of Ranked is NOT to judge the quality of the ship, but to judge the quality of the player.

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,270 battles

Being "squishy" is not a downside all the time. As a SINOP the most annoying players I had to deal with were in Helena's because the good players could get angles on me over islands and I could not citadel them as everything was just an overpen. Smart ones would nose in, get saturated and just sit and spam you, the same thing can be done with french DDs, you can go god mode by saturating the front HP pool on your ship and sit in the open taking zero damage from everything that hits you head on. 

[TARK]
Members
4,074 posts
1,614 battles
1 hour ago, YoeMe said:

You do what makes you happy.

Dont let these other peoples opinion on what you should do matter in the slightest. They are irrelevant. 

If ranked fills you with rage rather than joy...dont do it.

The 'rewards' certainly aren't worth the work.

[TARK]
Members
4,074 posts
1,614 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

But the point of Ranked is NOT to judge the quality of the ship, but to judge the quality of the player.

Hahahaha...not really.

It judges the dedication of the player to the game. Skill usually comes along with that...but does not always...

...and skill isnt requires to rank out.

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,270 battles
20 minutes ago, Starfleet1701 said:

I've pretty much given up on Ranked, to. But not the same reasons as you though. My reasons are that I just have a tendency of losing most of my matches, knowing that, I'm not going to progress anywhere in Ranked.

Something you should consider is that assessing other people's skill levels on your team or who is having a good game is almost as important and just being a good player. There were times I had trash games, nothing but over pens, couldn't hit the ocean if not for gravity, but by looking at who was actually having a game and in good position, I was able to simply be a punching bag or provide spotting for them...delay a cap.

In ranked the teams are small, so just getting into a position where you are not donating your HP pool to the enemy team but you are not so far back you are useless is going to go a long way. 

You can do well in ranked by simply assisting others and not running around trying to solo warrior or play catch the shells with my broadside mini games. You don't have to be doing 180K+ dmg with 4 kills to rank out, you just need to not be a 10 ton weight on your team. 

You gotta think, in general the ships with a lot of HP (BBs) and the ships with really high damage potential (Bbs/DDs) are going to "carry" more matches. If you want to play more technical ships like cruisers or specialized DDs, or lower Alpha BBs you need to be far more concerned with your positioning and executing key plays when they need to happen. If you are gunna play an Indi with radar, maybe jumping out and radaring the cap the instant it starts turning colors is not the smartest thing, wiat until the cap is 2/3 or so capped and you have a chance to see where the enemy is so you can make an intelligent play....if your team is full of fijis or flints and you are a DD, maybe hold your guns and spot for them and let your smokey boi's actually do their job instead of guns blasting and dropping vision for the team in smoke once you are getting targeted...running around a torpedo boat DD is going to limit your ability to effect the match more often than that early surprise devastating strike on a lone colorado is going to win you the game. Playing a Scharny or Guins will give you better odds of at least going 1 for 1 against an enemy BB if you are generally out classed by other players....WoWs is not a high twitch game, thinking about your plays, and being a little patient if you are a lower skilled player can go a long long way. If you don't understand how to angle well in a brawl then you need to play something that suits you in ranked. If you are being focused by 4 people and caught out in your BB, you may want to start trying to ram something early so you at least even the odds....etc

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Hahahaha...not really.

It judges the dedication of the player to the game. Skill usually comes along with that...but does not always...

...and skill isnt requires to rank out.

"Dedication" is a quality too, ya know.  And I used "quality", not "skill".