TheURLGuy

Developer Bulletin 0.8.9

17 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles

YES! Halloween AND pastabotes! I can't wait to buy that Halloween shima camo and to drive some pasta AP Atagos

EDIT: can the new types of camo patterns that can be mounted on any ship of a certain tier, be mounted on upcoming Italian ships, Subs (in the future), and CVs as well?

Edited by Silisquish

[-K-]
Members
4,962 posts
16,321 battles

I'm unclear, are the new camos "bind on equip" so as soon as you equip it to an eligible ship, it is permanently attached to that ship and you need to get another of the original (unbound) to use it on a second ship, and so on?

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
29 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I'm unclear, are the new camos "bind on equip" so as soon as you equip it to an eligible ship, it is permanently attached to that ship and you need to get another of the original (unbound) to use it on a second ship, and so on?

It's permacamo, so it would make no sense if you had an unlimited supply of it/could put it on a ship then remove it to put on another ship later; if you could do that they would have taken extra care to mention it and probably made it far far more expensive than regular permacamo, so yes once you apply it to a ship of the eligible tier it's stuck there.

The difference between this and regular permacamo is you can buy this now to put it on a ship later, even if you don't own the ship you're planning on putting it on, as long as it's the same tier as the permacamo tier you have

Edited by Silisquish

[-K-]
Members
4,962 posts
16,321 battles
2 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

It's permacamo, so it would make no sense if you had an unlimited supply of it, so yes once you apply it to a ship of the eligible tier it's stuck there. The difference between this and regular permacamo is you can buy this now to put it on a ship later, even if you don't own the ship you're planning on putting it on

The difference between a "binding" and "non-binding" camo in this scenario is whether you can move that copy of the camo between ships (like a special module). Probably with a transfer fee of some sort. I get the impression that you can't do that (so it's more of a consumable "get permacamo" token), but wanted to confirm this is the intended behavior.

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

The difference between a "binding" and "non-binding" camo in this scenario is whether you can move that copy of the camo between ships (like a special module). Probably with a transfer fee of some sort. I get the impression that you can't do that (so it's more of a consumable "get permacamo" token), but wanted to confirm this is the intended behavior.

If you could do it like that, WG would have talked about it in their weekly Twitch livestream when they announced it, and, in this news update. Sounds like a good idea but it doesn't look like they're going to have that as a feature - at least not for the moment.

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,048 battles

Oh yay more weird Halloween boats. If WG spent as much time balancing other things (Radar, and Smolensk) rather than making these...things... then the game would be SO much better.

Members
183 posts
21,129 battles

i hope this fixes the ships disappearing all around me when they shouldnt be....thanks in advance for putting your best man on that

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,019 posts
2,994 battles

Love the idea of tier bound permanent camo, but probably won't want my ships to look like monsters all the time.

Hopefully this is something they open up to different designs in the future. (I'd put permanent shadow lurker on all my keepers for instance, I love the look of that one)

• Cool 1

[NNG]
Members
23 posts
8,636 battles

When do we think we can address: 1) AA still shooting through land and tampering its effects as aircraft fly around a hill/mountain.  2)  sighting Spotter planes before one can spot the Ship that launched them.  Seems odd that a single spotter has higher detection than a squad on planes.

Members
3 posts
9,487 battles

I can not tell if my NA and PT accounts are linked properly and would like to be pointed to where I would ask WG about that.
I have looked through support but been unable to find it, and am worried I might need to talk to RU support in order to get it sorted.
Thanks in advance

[ANKER]
Modder
271 posts
7,092 battles

so, I said this when they announced submarines, but, isn't this the "year of the CV?" don't get me wrong, new stuff is nice, but I would have preferred it if wargaming had postponed all of these new things to take the year to focus on carriers and get them and the game mechanics around them (like AA). just saying that 5 months of it being pretty half-baked, 6th month being semi-fixed and new battleships, and 7th month being "subs are coming", isn't a good way to celebrate the year of the CV... just saying. ^^;

okay, that aside, cool I guess, might be fun to play around with those Italian cruisers. curious to see what the Halloween event will add and if anything is returning as well. =]

[ARP]
Members
2 posts
3,517 battles

In previous years of the Halloween event, players could use the Nobelium, Halloween Lexington, for the Sunray in the Darkness operation assuming that player played CVs in the main game. Will I still be able to use this ship given the rework, or will I have to resort to the other classes?

Members
2,225 posts
6,257 battles
On 9/25/2019 at 9:44 AM, Truxtun_35 said:

I guess my question to all this is. When does the Yamamoto Fly ??? A game that has Lost the Original Ideal & Concept....:( :( :( :( 

:Smile_great: