You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

My biggest gripe -- MM. But not what you think.

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,605 posts
4,550 battles

I HATE getting into a Co-op game, looking at the roster, and seeing 5-7 BOTS.  Green bots suck 90% of the time.  They go out and die because they think it's their destiny.  Occasionally there will be a toaster-brained hero, but that doesn't excuse the vast majority.

It used to be rare, at low player-count times.  Now it's every other T10 battle, even in prime time.  And in T8, which supposedly is protected against the more perverted proclivities of RNGesus. 

Looka here, WG.  I will gladly spend more than 30 seconds in queue if it means I can get some actual humans to play with.  Please put that in your pipe and smoke it .. er . take it under advisement, or something.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
653 posts
24,942 battles

Could be that with out the right ship, camo and premium time it’s difficult to make credits at t10. 

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Ya want real people? Try randoms...

But that means you get intelligent human opponents in randoms. Which is what co-op players are ultimately trying to avoid... right? They just wanna pop dumb ol' bots?

• Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
11,385 posts
31,838 battles
11 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

But that means you get intelligent human opponents in randoms. Which is what co-op players are ultimately trying to avoid... right? They just wanna pop dumb ol' bots?

We avoid them for many reasons. I am grinding Courbet right now having reset the French line. Why on earth would I want to play a T3 and T4 BB without AA in the completely idiotic 3v3 CV environment WG has created for the low tiers? I am grinding the French DDs in Coop since I don't like playing w/o smoke. I play Tirp in coop for the secondary lulz, which I couldn't get in Tirp in a Random -- it's been pretty heavily power creeped. 

Also, i must dispute your claim that humans in Randoms are intelligent. Lots of Stoopid out there in the playerbase. "I think I will load into the match in a T8 Massachusetts with a 22% win rate averaging 20k damage, even though my most played ship is a T3 St. Louis!" Had a score of ships like that today. 

Edited by Taichunger

[OO7]
Members
3,832 posts
9,054 battles
10 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

We avoid them for many reasons. I am grinding Courbet right now having reset the French line. Why on earth would I want to play a T3 and T4 BB without AA in the completely idiotic 3v3 CV environment WG has created for the low tiers? I am grinding the French DDs in Coop since I don't like playing w/o smoke. I play Tirp in coop for the secondary lulz, which I couldn't get in Tirp in a Random -- it's been pretty heavily power creeped. 

Also, i must dispute your claim that humans in Randoms are intelligent. Lots of Stoopid out there in the playerbase. "I think I will load into the match in a T8 Massachusetts with a 22% win rate averaging 20k damage, even though my most played ship is a T3 St. Louis!" Had a score of ships like that today. 

It's fun to play "no main battery tirpitz" and see how much damage you can get with just secondaries, torps, and ramming :)

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
311 posts
8,964 battles

It's not a MM issue.  It's a people don't want to waste credits at high tiers shooting bots issues, which I don't blame them. Much more profitable in credits, xp, free xp and commander xp to shoot real players than bots.  And if you extend the wait time for co-op, it makes it less profitable to those who do play co-op at high tiers because they spend more time waiting and not in game making credits.

[BEA5T]
Members
188 posts
12,350 battles

Yuppers… lots of BOTs in COOP at this time of morning in Tier VIII and above in Server NA... think about it.,...      early EST time as the Central and PST folks are counting ZZZ.    

I found that it starts getting a bit better after around 11AM EST.   Even in Tier V-VII which I play a lot during this time frame about 50% of the games are mostly BOTs.     

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,163 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I HATE getting into a Co-op game, looking at the roster, and seeing 5-7 BOTS.  Green bots suck 90% of the time.  They go out and die because they think it's their destiny.  Occasionally there will be a toaster-brained hero, but that doesn't excuse the vast majority.

It used to be rare, at low player-count times.  Now it's every other T10 battle, even in prime time.  And in T8, which supposedly is protected against the more perverted proclivities of RNGesus. 

Looka here, WG.  I will gladly spend more than 30 seconds in queue if it means I can get some actual humans to play with.  Please put that in your pipe and smoke it .. er . take it under advisement, or something.

Had a bot that killed 5 reds last week.  I sent him a clan invite.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[WOLFG]
Members
7,065 posts
5,064 battles
18 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

With the number of games those guys play, they have to be raking in the oil.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,163 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

With the number of games those guys play, they have to be raking in the oil.

Lots of benefits to having him in the clan:

1. Oil
  2. Stats are likely better than most of the human players
  3. Never gets chat banned
  4. Doesn't complain
  5. No clan drama
  6. Willing to play at any time of the day

[A-I-M]
Members
2,227 posts
11,364 battles

Sometimes, however, the bots just fall your way. Had this happen just yesterday in co-op. Five bots on the greens.  Inexplicably, there was not as much mutual bot murder as is the norm. The other two human players got overcome by the Red's Republique and GK, and left it to me to clean up the mess in Kremlin. Kremmy and I were up to the task:

0SJ3duO.jpg

Where's the George Peppard/A-Team "I love it when a plan comes together" meme when you need it?

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,272 battles
7 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I HATE getting into a Co-op game....

There I fixed your post. 

In all seriousness though, as worthless as high tier co-op is you do have a reasonable point. The problem is there are like 10-20 people playing co-op past T5....just get aslans mod and change all enemy player names to BOT and play randoms...turn your chat off even you've been playing co-op for years you've got to be able to at least hit something by now, play the game with humans if you want to play with humans. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,875 posts
9,727 battles
3 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

That's debatable...

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,829 posts
15,665 battles
2 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

I hope to god the bot accepted!

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,163 battles
39 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

I hope to god the bot accepted!

Not yet.  I think he found a better clan.  Or more fitting, a Lone Wolf clan.

Edited by ClassicLib

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,605 posts
4,550 battles
4 hours ago, gillhunter said:

it’s difficult to make credits at t10. 

3 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

people don't want to waste credits at high tiers

Unless you're running without permacamo, that's just not true. 

And as I said, it's not just T10.  I mention T10 because we used to be able to get full games and have a blast at T10. 

woof

Edited by iDuckman