You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

WG question regarding Modules? and how tiers 9 and 10 are OP before MM even makes match

8 comments in this topic

[VVVVV]
Members
75 posts
8,651 battles

So Tiers 5-7 so that is 3 tiers all have 4 module slots. Tier 8 gets  5 that lasts for 1 tier, then tier 9 and 10 get 6 modules.

Absolutley  no reason they couldn't have left it 5 slots for the 3 tiers aka like the lower tiers.

NOWAY even remotely balanced, and why tier 8s have a huge disadvantage in tier 9 and 10 matches.

Hence 1 of the other reasons I will not buy tier 8 premiums anymore, and I really wanted the Vanguard.

Edited by Capitan_Crunch
added a word in title
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,953 battles
2 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

NOWAY even remotely balanced, and just and just another way to make tier8's garbage and why tier 8s have a huge disadvantage in tier 9 and 10 matches.

That in no way makes any tier 8 garbage.

Find something worthwhile to whine about!

• Funny 1
  • Angry 2

[A-I-M]
Members
2,218 posts
11,364 battles

Your title says “question”; I see not any question whatsoever, but merely a rant.

But, in case you had a question, I do have your answer:

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,923 posts
23,491 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

That in no way makes any tier 8 garbage.

Find something worthwhile to whine about!

To be fair, it doesn't help when tier 9 and 10 cruisers can get a slot 6 upgrade module that increases their gun range by 16%.  I worry less about the other slot 6 upgrades, since just because you might take the module that increases your gun reload a bit, it's no guarantee that you'll hit.  And you can counter it by being good at dodging.  But you can't counter greater range when the enemy cruiser has the ability to out range your tier 7 or 8 cruiser.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the concealment module or the range increasing module because there's no real counter to either of them.  

[GWG]
Supertester
22,806 posts
12,776 battles

Tier 7 does a lot better against tier 9 than tier 8 and before the MM change tier 8 saw a lot more tier 10 matches than tier 7 saw tier 9.

• Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
9,539 battles

On the other hand, a lot of tier 9's are balanced around tier specific perks.

Take for example, the Buffalo.  In order to get one more turret than Baltimore she sacrifices agility, concealment and citadel placement - all massively important traits for a cruiser.   And to make it worse, that shiny new turret doesn't mesh well with the aggressive bow in playstyle USN CAs are good at.   If it wasn't for her ability to mount the range or reload mod, or her tier 9 heal, she'd be a sidegrade from Baltimore at best.

Or we can look at Ibuki for a more extreme example.  Between Ibuki and Mogami, the only difference is that marginally faster reload on the guns and a deck that can autobounce BB shells.  Without the tier 9 perks you could be forgiven for not realizing you were even in a different ship!

For a less extreme example, Freddy the Great and Bismarck.  Without the 6th module slot you're only getting an upgrade to the guns and HP at the cost of becoming much more likely to catch every torp and shell thrown your way.  That's a lot to pay for gaining 27mm overmatch.  Or you could look at Z-46.  Without the 6th module slot she'd only have 12% more dpm than MAASS, with torps that are identical in every way except range.

I think WG added the module so they didn't have to differentiate the tiers as much.  Many of the late war designs were only incremental improvements, and by adding the 6th module slot it allowed them to be visible upgrades over their predecessors despite their being almost no difference in the hardware.

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
2,109 posts
6,989 battles

The 6th slot is nothing compared to the 5th slot, honestly. The 5th slot completely obliterates concealment balance between DDs. It's why I got Haida, as she's so stealthy she can actually begin to compete with T8+ DDs for vision. As someone that plays DDs for the detection, T6-7 are downright painful.