You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Kyon

carrier refund

17 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,268 battles
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

There might be a way if you contact WG customer support... but why would you want to?

i just not having a good time with the new CV game play... thinking of getting it traded in for a CA

[SIM]
Members
4,240 posts
7,254 battles

No, the refund period for CVs is long over at this point. Ships that you’ve played are not eligible for a refund. If you’ve purchased a premium and haven’t played any games in it yet, you can open a support ticket in order to have it refunded. 

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

They had a finish date and I am sure we are well past it, so I think you might be SOL getting the free xp they were offering, or the dubs if you have a prem.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,936 posts
12,817 battles

It took you almost 9 months to get five matches in the new CV's? The refund ship sailed a long time ago.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
20 minutes ago, Captain_Kyon said:

i just not having a good time with the new CV game play... thinking of getting it traded in for a CA

Unfortunately , I don't think it works like that...

I don't know the rules exactly, but it may be similar to Steam in premise, where if you play it for a certain amount of time, no refunds...

You're probably stuck with the CV. I suggest giving it a break and revisit it later on. You might have a change of heart once you have a fair amount of experience under your belt. I imagine you're having no fun because you're getting wrecked in game?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,696 posts
25 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Unfortunately , I don't think it works like that...

I don't know the rules exactly, but it may be similar to Steam in premise, where if you play it for a certain amount of time, no refunds...

You're probably stuck with the CV. I suggest giving it a break and revisit it later on. You might have a change of heart once you have a fair amount of experience under your belt. I imagine you're having no fun because you're getting wrecked in game?

The general rule as I understand it is if you take a premium ship into a game, it is yours.

They made an exception during the refund period right after the rework but that ended a long time ago.

[R-F]
Members
233 posts
10,028 battles

While the answer is no, I understand where he is coming from. I also didn't realize until well after the refund period that I'm never playing them unless I have to for a mission or something, so I know what he's feeling anyway. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,133 posts
7,006 battles

The refund period ended well over 6 months ago, I'm afraid. If you had them pre-rework, you had an entire month to think this through. If you didn't, then you are exactly as entitled to a refund on any other ship. 

I know I had some thinking to do on my Saipan, Lexington clock skin and Shokaku bat skin. Came out of it with only the third one remaining and something like 15k doubloons richer. 

Slightly regret selling the Lexington skin now, but hopefully I can get it back for free once Halloween is here.

[_-_]
Members
2,657 posts
7,614 battles
3 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The refund period ended well over 6 months ago, I'm afraid. If you had them pre-rework, you had an entire month to think this through. If you didn't, then you are exactly as entitled to a refund on any other ship. 

I know I had some thinking to do on my Saipan, Lexington clock skin and Shokaku bat skin. Came out of it with only the third one remaining and something like 15k doubloons richer. 

Slightly regret selling the Lexington skin now, but hopefully I can get it back for free once Halloween is here.

I sold off the tech tree CV's as well as Saipan and GZ, but I hung on to Enterprise for sentimental reasons. Now I'm glad I did.

Regardless, OP must have been in an information vacuum regarding the Rework sales opportunity, despite news emails from WG during that time frame.

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

I’ve held onto mine but haven’t played a single carrier match since I abhor the new CVs... 

Though the feedback above is the typical “100% yes OR no... maybe” I think the most accurate is the suggestion to hold onto them in the event you have a change of heart. 

That CA you want may not be all you hoped for, either. 

[Y0L0]
Members
10,061 posts
15,139 battles

I get motion sick playing CV,  (tried once yesterday)  so  I sold the t4s  and just keeping my t6 in port until i need the port slot  :D

[REVY]
Members
1,675 posts
10,575 battles
10 hours ago, Captain_Kyon said:

can i still refund my carrier? please?

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It took you almost 9 months to get five matches in the new CV's? The refund ship sailed a long time ago.

• Funny 1