Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AirBear8

Smolensk and Smoke Gen Mod 1 Question

5 comments in this topic

Members
138 posts
6,568 battles

Just dumped enough coal to get the Smolensk today.   I have enough left over to buy an upgrade, but I don't see anything that would help, at least I don't think so.    The Smoke Gen Mod 1 says "+30% to the action time of the Smoke Generator Consumable" and also   "-5% to smoke dispersion time".        If I understand this correctly (big if) does that mean you can lay a longer smoke cloud sailing along at 1/4 throttle but it dissipates 5% faster?    What I'd like (I think most of us would) is a smoke you can hide in that lasts longer.

Members
138 posts
6,568 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

That mod is really for creeping smoke ships.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure.  Thanks.

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles

You can use the module on any smoking ships as it makes bigger clouds of smoke. If you play PvP it may come in handy to have more room for maneuvering inside your smoke. If you play co-op, you really won't need it.  If memory serves, the smoke module replaces the aiming mod which is far more valuable unless you are using a ship with creeping smoke. 

[B2P]
Members
248 posts
5,759 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 12:58 AM, Taylor3006 said:

You can use the module on any smoking ships as it makes bigger clouds of smoke. If you play PvP it may come in handy to have more room for maneuvering inside your smoke. If you play co-op, you really won't need it.  If memory serves, the smoke module replaces the aiming mod which is far more valuable unless you are using a ship with creeping smoke. 

Based on videos from Flamu, the first ships to actually get a big buff from using that module will be certain upcoming Italian CAs which have a smoke that actively conceals them even at max speed. With this module, their ninja cloud is going to last extra long and give them a lot of more tactical potential. 

Sign in to follow this