Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

How was I spotted in my smoke

11 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles

Radar, hydro, an unspotted destroyer close enough to you that it revealed you in your smoke.

Members
539 posts
19,884 battles

Neptune has a 6.6km smokefiring penalty. So could very well have been something else there. In fact, if it was surface spotting, there was something else there.

(as an aside, don't run EM on a neptune captain)

Edited by Kingpin61

[BIER]
Members
74 posts
5,568 battles
Just now, Kingpin61 said:

Neptune has a 6.6km smokefiring penalty. So there was something in front of the BB

No, it would of popped up when I drove out of the smoke.

[BIER]
Members
74 posts
5,568 battles
3 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Radar, hydro, an unspotted destroyer close enough to you that it revealed you in your smoke.

No, it was not a hydro or radar spot. Just a plain "!" spot. And it did not show up after I drove out of the smoke.

Members
539 posts
19,884 battles
Just now, Mister_Tanman said:

No, it would of popped up when I drove out of the smoke.

the enemy destroyer was a fletcher, so it could very well have spotted you without getting spotted herself- there's an ~800m range for that

i will note that i haven't had the chance to scan through the replay, so this is speculation.

Beta Testers
1,403 posts
17,158 battles

When you fired your 3rd volley and you were detected, you were 6.5 km from the BB..... your smoke firing penalty is 6.6 ...no mystery here.

• Cool 3

Members
3,660 posts
18,049 battles
55 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

When you fired your 3rd volley and you were detected, you were 6.5 km from the BB..... your smoke firing penalty is 6.6 ...no mystery here.

Gawd I hate when that happens

[WOLF3]
Members
22,459 posts
20,530 battles
1 hour ago, SgtSpud said:

Mistakes were made!

[RKLES]
Members
10,768 posts
12,383 battles
2 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

I can not figure out how I was spotted in my smoke!?! I don't think I was too close to the BB when I fired. Any help would be appreciated.

at 15:30

https://replayswows.com/replay/64366#stats

Even if you are not spotted by being too close, hydro, radar, ect. But are either sitting in seen position or are actively firing then an enemy ship will sometimes take guesses and fire since you are still able to be hot if shell strikes you, they just can’t as accurately hit you in that situation. I have been able to successfully hit smoked ships that were not spotted and have had the same thing happen to me a few times as well so it’s all fair, just one of the risks we take. That is why smart smoked ships move back and forth in smoke to help in preventing enemies blinding firing into smoke from getting a fix on the position of the smoked ship.

[BIER]
Members
74 posts
5,568 battles
2 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

Yep yep!

i didn’t see that last tick on the distance o meter.

Man, I was in a good spot... 😁

Sign in to follow this