Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SteeLeviathan

What is the Puerto Rico class cruiser?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

41
[PWH]
Members
139 posts
6,029 battles

So i was scrolling through the WOWs wiki, when I noticed that a new ship had been added to the American line. Its possibly a test ship, but it looks nothing like the other tier 10 USN cruisers. Hard to tell, but the closest ship it looks to is an Alaska, but it looks like it has a better AA sweep then the Alaska. Has anyone heard of Wargames testing for a tier 10 big gun cruiser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,615 posts
7,484 battles

T10 version of Alaska, announced about a month and a half ago. It gets an extra turret with (so far) a significant number of small to medium sacrifices compared to Alaska. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[PWH]
Members
139 posts
6,029 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

T10 version of Alaska, announced about a month and a half ago. 

Must have missed that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[LOIN]
Supertester
654 posts
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Tier X Alaska with an extra turret pretty much. You should find some stats on Dev Corner.

Yeah you summed it up. Except that it has slightly thicker armor plating and more secondaries, actually it uses Montana's secondaries.

 

2 hours ago, SteeLeviathan said:

So i was scrolling through the WOWs wiki, when I noticed that a new ship had been added to the American line. Its possibly a test ship, but it looks nothing like the other tier 10 USN cruisers. Hard to tell, but the closest ship it looks to is an Alaska, but it looks like it has a better AA sweep then the Alaska. Has anyone heard of Wargames testing for a tier 10 big gun cruiser?

It was supposed to have been a preliminary design of the Alaska. They used the name Pureto Rico, it's fitting because it was a territory and same goes for Alaska. Also the name Pureto Rico, was going to be used for a canceled Alaska.

Edited by Starfleet1701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,736
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,363 posts
672 battles
On 9/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, Starfleet1701 said:

It was supposed to have been a preliminary design of the Alaska. They used the name Pureto Rico, it's fitting because it was a territory and same goes for Alaska. Also the name Pureto Rico, was going to be used for a canceled Alaska.

 

They should've just taken the Alaska, gave it a bit more health, buffed it's reload and dispersion and gave it 5"/54s to replace it's 5"/38s and 3"/50s to replace it's 40mms.

 

There was no reason to take a name that was historically going to be an Alaska-class ship and give it to something they mostly made up. The above would've made a great theoretical post-war refit for the Alaska.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[NSC]
Members
134 posts
10,662 battles

To sum it up nicely, it's a collector ship, nothing more. Not very good at anything , it's just another Alaska, Georgia. Anyone noticed you're going through a lot of farming for.......? Mediocre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×