You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoatyMcButtHurt

Can we get rid of Balensk?

131 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
968 battles

I own one and I hate the thing. It feels dirty to play, and even worse to play against. It feels like a statpad ship for top 5% players to sit behind and island or in smoke and just jerk off while they spam LMB.  I'd even take a 50% refund on the coal I spent on it just to make it go away.

Edited by lochlan_
language
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 14
  • Angry 4

[PMWC1]
Beta Testers
38 posts
9,892 battles

Enough with the anti-Smolensk sentiment, its not OP. The players that use em are OP. The rest of us get splattered appropriately, myself included. Dont hate the boat , hate the playa?

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
Supertester
22,152 posts
16,004 battles

To get rid of a Smolensk try shooting it. It literally has worse armor than same tier DDs.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[-1]
Members
406 posts
7,132 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

To get rid of a Smolensk try shooting it. It literally has worse armor than same tier DDs.

...which works the best because BBs mostly overpen it.

• Cool 5
  • Confused 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,436 posts
4,891 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

And Citadels.......

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
22,152 posts
16,004 battles
1 minute ago, dimzzy said:

...which works the best because BBs mostly overpen it.

Until they don't, because

Just now, RA6E_ said:

And Citadels.......

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,523 posts
3,895 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Citadels can be overpenned. Just sayin'.

• Cool 1

[-1]
Members
406 posts
7,132 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

It reminds me 'just dodge' advice. Works just fine... sometimes.

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

I had a smolensk driver die next to me about 3 into the game. He was the first blood. Dude then proceeded to blame me for my akizuki play. Yes, he was right outside of cap. Dont play like that guy and you should he fine.

[QQ7]
Members
483 posts
3,650 battles
11 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I had a smolensk driver die next to me about 3 into the game. He was the first blood. Dude then proceeded to blame me for my akizuki play. Yes, he was right outside of cap. Dont play like that guy and you should he fine.

Only one to blame is himself for his utter ignorance to rush into a cap and then proceed to blame the DD by not "supporting him".

Fact that he died 3 minutes into a match tells me how incompetent he is. Smh. Some people think that the Smolensk is a high and mighty cruiser that is untouchable because of it's speed and maneuverability. Well... it isn't.

At range, they're pesky targets to hit, but upclose, they can be deleted easily just the same as a Minotaur that gets to close.

[O-PN]
Members
2,107 posts
4,424 battles
42 minutes ago, G13Homi said:

Enough with the anti-Smolensk sentiment, its not OP. 

No, it's flat broken

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,799 posts
13,828 battles
17 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Can a Smolensk be citadelled by a Conqueror with HE?

Yes.

[TNG-2]
Members
2,047 posts
4,336 battles
37 minutes ago, Lert said:

if you angle enough you can mitigate alot of damage

Members
1,112 posts

sell it, nope we do not want the Smolensk to disappear. Quite the opposite, we want more Smolensks and Colberts, and if you do not like them, tough...Many of us a pining coal to get the Smolensk....WG more post WWII advanced CL PLEASE, where all the FUN is.....

• Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
751 posts
12,147 battles
1 hour ago, Lhostatic said:

I own one and I hate the thing. It feels dirty to play, and even worse to play against. It feels like a statpad ship for top 5% players to sit behind and island or in smoke and just jerk off while they spam LMB.  I'd even take a 50% refund on the coal I spent on it just to make it go away.

why are you worried about a ship that only the top 5% of players are good in? wouldnt you want more smolensk to kill?

[CMFRT]
Members
10,432 posts

Smolensk's hull is made of tinfoil, hope, and Soviet propoganda. 

They're not that agile.

The smoke is a single charge, and vanilla. 

Just shoot the damn things. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,222 battles
1 hour ago, Lhostatic said:

IF you want to sell yours do so. The Smolensk is OP whining is getting old already though.

• Cool 1

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
35 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

image.png

Nice chart but need some context as to what the X and Y axis represent.    

I seems to convey that the Smol starts to "shine" sooner in the 'player skill' progression.   If you take the Y-Axis '60' as the 'dangerous' point, the chart would indicate the Wooster becomes 'dangerous' in the hands of a unicum player where a Smol becomes dangerous  in the hands of a simply 'very good player

Which would mean that for any given game where the Smol is present there is a higher likely chance of it being effective in the game as there are far more 'very good players' than unicum ones.

Understanding the spread of values along the X-axis especially would be very helpful (at least to me).   Also would be a help to understand the percentage of the playerbase that fall into each X-axis category.

• Cool 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles

Nice as it would be to see it removed, won't happen.  Would upset the Russian nationalists who these fictional abominations are meant to appeal to. And the stat padders relying on it would cry to the end of time even though the Smolensk is actively harmful to high tier play; no oine wants to go up against it because they don't want to suffer a never ending rain of HE shells and fires. The Smolensk is pure cancer.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

IF you want to sell yours do so. The Smolensk is OP whining is getting old already though.

The threads will disappear when WG nerfs their fictional atrocity to the bottom of the ocean. It is cancer. It has very little counter play due to how overpowered it is. Scratch it lightly? They smoke up and just start raining shells on you. Try and get close enough to flush them out with radar? Their team is spotting for them and the Smolensk is raining shells on you the entire time up to 19km away. Try to flush them out with hydro/torpedoes? The Smolensk will just smash you with its torepdoes will still pummeling you with HE. Aircraft get swatted out of the sky.

The only cure for the cancer of the Smolensk is for it to be removed entirely. If WG wants to start balancing it, the first thing they need to do is remove the smokescreen; that way Smolensk lose their 'no risk, all reward' playstyle.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4