Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Flambass initial Sub video

25 comments in this topic

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Hilarious video. :)

Go to approximately 10:45 into the video and watch as he uses a CV to school some greedy subs...

The video really clarifies what ASW will be like.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,460 posts
4,898 battles

Who would have thought?   SS players will also hate CVs!        Talk about no effective counterplay.  

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,809 posts
13,839 battles
2 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Who would have thought?   SS players will also hate CVs!        Talk about no effective counterplay.  

Sure lets give a flak 44 to subs, makes sense to me

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,272 battles

Honestly this looks pretty healthy overall for the game. Seems like it has addressed a lot of complaints from the community really. Guess we will see how it plays out once people start getting good with them.

CVs have more to do than just punish DDs.

BBs are far more at risk on the edges of the map away from the team.

DBs with HE are now useful.

Effectiveness of smoke camping reduced.

• Cool 3

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
21 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Honestly this looks pretty healthy overall for the game. Seems like it has addressed a lot of complaints from the community really. Guess we will see how it plays out once people start getting good with them.

CVs have more to do than just punish DDs.

BBs are far more at risk on the edges of the map away from the team.

DBs with HE are now useful.

Effectiveness of smoke camping reduced.

Yup... now people will be crying for a CV on their team. Because if there isn't one and all the DD's are dead as per usual that sub will have a feeding frenzy ... :)

Pinging targets might turn out to be a lethal mistake for subs. They won't be able to hunt CV's easily. The BB's and island humping CL/CA's now have an effective counter that can delete them at 75% HP. Lone wolf snipers and border riders are at more risk. A  Fiji or Smolensk can get nailed in his smoke. The DD's have help. And subs are not impossible to find.

I was concerned about subs, but after watching a few videos from CC's... it looks like they'll be manageable and a positive change. The only ones crying are the BB mains.

I wonder what sort of threads we'll see in the future with people whining about how OP subs are? :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[NUWES]
Members
2,623 posts
8,440 battles
49 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

… other than simply submerging. lol

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
3 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

LOL! I know, right? The classic CV hater comment...

They never think before they speak.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,809 posts
13,839 battles
9 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Cant wait to alternative lines with anti-sub bombs to cvs :cap_popcorn:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,865 battles
23 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

wonder what sort of threads we'll see in the future with people whining about how OP subs are? :)

Pretty sure we will get threads in both directions. "Subs are OP nerff now!".... "Subs are useless typical WEEGEE fail"

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,460 posts
4,898 battles
14 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

LOL! I know, right? The classic CV hater comment...

They never think before they speak.

SMH....Lulz... 1st time I been called this...  

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
13 minutes ago, paradat said:

Pretty sure we will get threads in both directions. "Subs are OP nerff now!".... "Subs are useless typical WEEGEE fail"

No doubt... the BB mains are gonna be crying Bloody Murder even louder than usual. The cruisers will be very annoyed that camping islands and HE spam farming is more dangerous now that a sub can get an angle on them safely...

That never occurred to me before... subs could curtail HE spam...unintended side effect?

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
10 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

No doubt... the BB mains are gonna be crying Bloody Murder even louder than usual. The cruisers will be very annoyed that camping islands and HE spam farming is more dangerous now that a sub can get an angle on them safely...

That never occurred to me before... subs could curtail HE spam...unintended side effect?

The one thing subs will do is alter how the game is played at that is always a good thing. New variables keep you thinking.

• Cool 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

The one thing subs will do is alter how the game is played at that is always a good thing. New variables keep you thinking.

Very true. But there's always the old dogs that hate change and they won't adapt. They'll just claim everything is broken, then cry for months on the forums repeatedly. They just want WoWs to be the same Beta game it was 4 years ago.

They'll probably call subs "Sea Cancer" then report sub players too.

Members
2,635 posts
509 battles

after playing for a few days... 

#1 Subs are NOT OP

#2, Subs that get killed by planes are playing subs poorly

#3 Subs cannot kill ANYTHING while submerged ( or fully surfaced...and can be SHOT with HE effectively and torps work well (although your aim needs to be really good when they are at periscope depth) 
#3a a sub can ram a sub.. but that is the only way a sub can kill a sub...(unless your torps get lucky and he doesn't dive before they get there...) I only did it once

#4 DDs will have a different role, and an important one... hunting Subs and they are VERY GOOD at it, as long as they are not shot at by cruisers and BBs....(BBs that camp in back are NOT helping thier team now and will be MORE hated for doing so when the release comes (AND SUBS will make you PAY for camping... so you should get used to playing a tad bit more aggressively..
#5, the test is a LOT of fun and I am a bit sad that I have to take back ALL my posts along the years against subs in the game...
When they get more testing and adjusting, most people will be surprised at how wrong their opinion is about them being OP or MEH... they are BOTH and NONE.. they are just fun and change the meta for the best overall...
thats my opinion so far...
And YES there will be MILLIONS OF SUB THREADS... just like all the DET threads, DD threads, CV threads... etc etc..
EVERYONE has to rant about EVERYTHING over and over.... we just have to remember to scroll down and smile...

• Cool 3

Members
2,635 posts
509 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

lol

the ones who cant play them correctly will cry useless..

the ones who cannot COUNTER them correctly will Cry OP..

the ones who treat them with respect for what they can do and what you can do against them will have a LOT of fun, playing them and playing against them..

DDs will WRECK a Subs day if they dont have cruiser or DD cover... and TEAMWORK...
TEAMWORK is going to be the ENDALL to the game when they come out... and being more in tune with your team will be the key to more wins than ever before...
PREPARE YOURSELVES>>> lol

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,865 battles
12 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

after playing for a few days... 

#1 Subs are NOT OP

#2, Subs that get killed by planes are playing subs poorly

#3 Subs cannot kill ANYTHING while submerged ( or fully surfaced...and can be SHOT with HE effectively and torps work well (although your aim needs to be really good when they are at periscope depth) 
#3a a sub can ram a sub.. but that is the only way a sub can kill a sub...(unless your torps get lucky and he doesn't dive before they get there...) I only did it once

#4 DDs will have a different role, and an important one... hunting Subs and they are VERY GOOD at it, as long as they are not shot at by cruisers and BBs....(BBs that camp in back are NOT helping thier team now and will be MORE hated for doing so when the release comes (AND SUBS will make you PAY for camping... so you should get used to playing a tad bit more aggressively..
#5, the test is a LOT of fun and I am a bit sad that I have to take back ALL my posts along the years against subs in the game...
When they get more testing and adjusting, most people will be surprised at how wrong their opinion is about them being OP or MEH... they are BOTH and NONE.. they are just fun and change the meta for the best overall...
And YES there will be MILLIONS OF SUB THREADS... just like all the DET threads, DD threads, CV threads... etc etc..
EVERYONE has to rant about EVERYTHING over and over.... we just have to remember to scroll down and smile...

So Jealous... 

Glad to hear the good and the bad. Test well!

Say hello to Shalla-Bal for me.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,583 posts
23,592 battles
11 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

BBs that camp in back are NOT helping thier team now and will be MORE hated for doing so when the release comes

Still, it will not keep them from doing so.

The will only shout more that the DD/CV should do something. Now you can farm easy negativ karma not only by playing a CV, also by playing a DD.

Members
2,635 posts
509 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Still, it will not keep them from doing so.

The will only shout more that the DD/CV should do something. Now you can farm easy negativ karma not only by playing a CV, also by playing a DD.

that might be true....
But the other thing is the CV that gets hunted now by DDs will have a hard time with subs when ONE decides to play the CV hunter roll....
Yeah It will take a while. subs only go about 21 Ks but once you are in range you are pretty much done.. DDs can torp beat Cruisers too, even some BBs... but CVs..?? are gonna eat fish...so sitting in back alone is going to get old fast and once you realize your team will be more effective and win more games by teamwork?  the game I feel will change, maybe not drastically but it will...
I know it didn't change much with the CV rework, perhaps it did make the DDs camp more when it first rolled out, but when the subs are hunting you do NOT want to be caught alone....

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,865 battles
9 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

that might be true....
But the other thing is the CV that gets hunted now by DDs will have a hard time with subs when ONE decides to play the CV hunter roll....
Yeah It will take a while. subs only go about 21 Ks but once you are in range you are pretty much done.. DDs can torp beat Cruisers too, even some BBs... but CVs..?? are gonna eat fish...so sitting in back alone is going to get old fast and once you realize your team will be more effective and win more games by teamwork?  the game I feel will change, maybe not drastically but it will...
I know it didn't change much with the CV rework, perhaps it did make the DDs camp more when it first rolled out, but when the subs are hunting you do NOT want to be caught alone....

Hmm I suppose the good CV's will never let a Sub get even in the same zip code as them. I mean it is a long way to go for a sub to get to a CV and they are moving at best low tier US BB speeds. If anything I think CV's are going to be a serious counter to subs. Now having said that and oblivious CV captain could indeed get nuked by a patient Sub commander.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Ah it's ok you are allowed to change your opinion! Respect for the honesty too!

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

they need increase the number of players to subs fit better...

Not a stupid idea at all....

The maps are undergoing alteration as we speak anyway.

[-GOD-]
Members
789 posts
3 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Yup... now people will be crying for a CV on their team

NOT,  not enough dmg for the griefers to farm unless they go after them then they'll punching the hell out of the "requesting support" key LOL.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
3 hours ago, paradat said:

Hmm I suppose the good CV's will never let a Sub get even in the same zip code as them. I mean it is a long way to go for a sub to get to a CV and they are moving at best low tier US BB speeds. If anything I think CV's are going to be a serious counter to subs. Now having said that and oblivious CV captain could indeed get nuked by a patient Sub commander.

Precisely... CV's can keep good tabs on a DD's location currently for the most part. Even if the CV has to swap out squadrons, the subs current position can be predicted easily. All a sub has to do is get spotted once... and unless they have a blob of AA around them, they'll be suffocated and level bombed.

Subs would have to ride the map borders, avoid caps, and make it past all DD screens that tend to form at choke points... and never ping or get spotted. Sounds pretty hard to me. Not even DD's who try and hunt CV's are very successful. It only takes one lucky squadron to pop a sub from what I saw...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Sign in to follow this