Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

I was called out for not contributing

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,822
[WORX]
Members
7,298 posts
16,501 battles
7 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Tirpitz is not a ship that will get you a lot of damage shooting at long ranges.  With that number of shell hits and amount of damage, he had to be medium to close range.

@BrushWolf

Ok how about this question for the both of you...

Looking at the fleet BBs and the green fleets BBs... What are the options for a Tirpitz driver facing BB secondary gun king that the Tirpitz no longer king of?

Your Cruisers did not help and neither did the DD... SO elighten me... What is a Tirpitz driver with

  1. sub par guns
  2. and inferior secondaries

to do based on the current options and situation noted above?

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,022 posts
8,190 battles
12 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

You can earn HC easily by spamming BB HE from the backline all game.

with all respect edgecase - o7. 

8 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Only 2 fires.  Not that Tirpitz gets a lot of fires but only two over the course of a battle and 95 secondary hits, I'd surmise he was shooting a lot of AP.

i'm with classicLib on this one... The rookie fought the good fight. The adrenaline of that brawl battle raged him to post. win or lose, looks like that was fun. 

 

*Side note.... 

Breaking down this game with one screen shot is FUN!. 

 

 

Edited by skillztowin
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,206
[WOLF3]
Members
22,983 posts
20,872 battles
46 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Sure thing here it is555050581_Capture2.thumb.PNG.26b874bb0f64d153c6576230e2939718.PNG

You can get top score on the winning team, surpassing everyone else, getting a Kraken, Confederate, etc. and people will still -karma you for it.

 

If you regularly do good in a ship, then others can eat a d*** as you force feed them more of it down their throats.

Feed them it whether they'll like it or not.

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,341
[WOLFG]
Members
7,487 posts
5,450 battles

I will say this, there weren't many on the greens that should be calling out their teammates.

The reds had a brutally balanced set of scores.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,504
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,633 posts
13,012 battles
8 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Only 2 fires.  Not that Tirpitz gets a lot of fires but only two over the course of a battle and 95 secondary hits, I'd surmise he was shooting a lot of AP.

He was probably firing mostly AP from the main guns but the secondary always fire HE.

Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You can get top score on the winning team, surpassing everyone else, getting a Kraken, Confederate, etc. and people will still -karma you for it.

Been there myself. While somewhat frustrating it is really a badge of honor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[36]
Members
403 posts
8,441 battles

Your only mistake is paying attention to in-game chat. If you need an opinion about yourself, ask your wife or your kids, or better yet, ask your mom. Sometimes the truth hurts, but at least she’ll give you a big glass of milk to wash that cookie down.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,547 posts
12,265 battles

Why do you care what they think? If you think you did fine, and it seems like you did fine, just ignore them and move on. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,504
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,633 posts
13,012 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

@BrushWolf

Ok how about this question for the both of you...

Looking at the fleet BBs and the green fleets BBs... What are the options for a Tirpitz driver facing BB secondary gun king that the Tirpitz no longer king of?

Your Cruisers did not help and neither did the DD... SO elighten me... What is a Tirpitz driver with

  1. sub par guns
  2. and inferior secondaries

to do based on the current options and situation noted above?

Exactly what the OP did, fight like hell. Some times that is all you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,078
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
977 posts
12,124 battles
52 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Sure thing here it is555050581_Capture2.thumb.PNG.26b874bb0f64d153c6576230e2939718.PNG

Not trying to troll, but TBH, with your primary gun hits being so high and your secondaries being so low, I assume you were in the back "Sniping?"  This is an issue I see often, especially with German BB drivers.  I"m not saying rolling in hot and throwing your ship away is good, but if you are at top tier and you aren't in peoples faces brawling so the lower tier ships don't have to be the punching bag for you to farm the damage, especially in a German BB, then you kind of aren't contributing....  I can sit in the back of a fight all day and farm damage all day, but there is a certain fear factor if you are top tier and brawling, it keeps the enemy on their heels and lets your team push.... otherwise, your team is just food and they push.

 

Just my 2 cents...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[ES]
Members
543 posts
21,148 battles
4 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

Your only mistake is paying attention to in-game chat. If you need an opinion about yourself, ask your wife or your kids, or better yet, ask your mom. Sometimes the truth hurts, but at least she’ll give you a big glass of milk to wash that cookie down.

Why be a jerk and post something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[ES]
Members
543 posts
21,148 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Not trying to troll, but TBH, with your primary gun hits being so high and your secondaries being so low, I assume you were in the back "Sniping?"  This is an issue I see often, especially with German BB drivers.  I"m not saying rolling in hot and throwing your ship away is good, but if you are at top tier and you aren't in peoples faces brawling so the lower tier ships don't have to be the punching bag for you to farm the damage, especially in a German BB, then you kind of aren't contributing....  I can sit in the back of a fight all day and farm damage all day, but there is a certain fear factor if you are top tier and brawling, it keeps the enemy on their heels and lets your team push.... otherwise, your team is just food and they push.

 

Just my 2 cents...

 I told you what happen I spawn on he flank and moved forward right away to support the DD and cruiser that moved up. I did no sniping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[TIGRB]
Members
765 posts
15,579 battles

Good Game Dude. I'd take you on my team anytime. Your finding out that no matter what you do, People in here and in game are not going to be satisfied unless you play the game they way they want you too. So keep up the good work and know in your mind you did great and move forward. Good Luck, And Good Shooting my Friend.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,989
[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,660 posts
18,996 battles

o/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,784
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,737 posts
3,895 battles
58 minutes ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Hid in the back farming fail damage, right?

With that many secondary hits and 2 caps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[36]
Members
403 posts
8,441 battles
22 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Why be a jerk and post something like that?

That’s kinda the point. Why be a jerk and call someone out in random chat for no good reason? But it isn’t the jerk’s fault; offense cannot be given, but only taken. It’s on the OP...or on you, in this instance. I stand by what I say and feel good about it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[TDRB]
Members
3,611 posts
11,038 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.26aebf78ebc0c5b5c39c41f29fd09fcc.PNG

Were you satisfied with your efforts, not the result but your effort? If so then ignore the whiners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[WOLF2]
Members
1,585 posts
10,129 battles

Post removed.  No need to be mean.

To OP, carry on!

 

Edited by DiddleDum
Removed post. No need to be mean.
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.26aebf78ebc0c5b5c39c41f29fd09fcc.PNG

Unless it contains an invitation to an orgy, just ignore the chat window.

Alternatively, you can subscribe to the theory that the first guy to die is an altruistic genius who gets snuffed early so he can have more time to coach you to victory with his tactical and strategic acumen. Personally, I have doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[ES]
Members
543 posts
21,148 battles
1 hour ago, _Starbuck said:

That’s kinda the point. Why be a jerk and call someone out in random chat for no good reason? But it isn’t the jerk’s fault; offense cannot be given, but only taken. It’s on the OP...or on you, in this instance. I stand by what I say and feel good about it.

You should feel ashamed. I post about a game a situation, and you commented about my family. Then you double down and stand by bringing people's family into a game conversation then you are showing everybody you worst self.  Congratulations you just proved that you are petty.  

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,327
[WOLF2]
Members
4,586 posts
17,208 battles
5 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.26aebf78ebc0c5b5c39c41f29fd09fcc.PNG

If you're a good farmer, you should be proud of it … 

E i E i … Oooooooooooooooo :)

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,149
Members
2,487 posts
4,169 battles

I was in a match in the Ark Royal the other day,  dropped fighters over our DD,  was doing some decent scouting when this Tirpitz who had rushed forward sank.  He then proceeds to lambaste the carriers because there were fighters over the CV's ((Y'know...the ones that automatically drop whenever you get spotted,  which the enemy bombers had pushed up specifically to do)) and that no one had dropped any over him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,260 posts
9,989 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

@BrushWolf

Ok how about this question for the both of you...

Looking at the fleet BBs and the green fleets BBs... What are the options for a Tirpitz driver facing BB secondary gun king that the Tirpitz no longer king of?

Your Cruisers did not help and neither did the DD... SO elighten me... What is a Tirpitz driver with

  1. sub par guns
  2. and inferior secondaries

to do based on the current options and situation noted above?

Tirpitz is more about presence than doing tons and tons of damage.  Yes, you're a battleship, but Tirpitz is more about leveraging your HP, main guns and the threat you represent in a brawl with torpedoes . If your entire team is passive there is only so much you can do in any ship.

The guns are fine closer in where Tirpitz excels, the secondaries are more than good enough. With Manual secondaries it gives you the ability to pressure 2-3 ships. Bully a couple smaller ships and tank a ship your size at the same time etc etc. You can also punish most ships for pushing into you. You have a lot of weapons you can throw at one target. Main guns mid to close brawling range, withering fire from secondaries and torpedoes with enough alpha to be a serious threat.

This is you in Tirptiz (ideally)

image.png.dd36349a18b160cefc64f27c6682ae7a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×