You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

I was called out for not contributing

55 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
442 posts
20,669 battles

It not import just extremely annoying , I spawn on the flank pushed up to support the DD and Cruiser that went forward, kill a Richelieu and the Ark Royal. Yet I get a bunch of grief in chat , from BBs in the back needed support.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,932 posts
12,817 battles
2 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Sure thing here it is555050581_Capture2.thumb.PNG.26b874bb0f64d153c6576230e2939718.PNG

I would say that is contributing when you beat the top score on the winning team. Just sour grapes by someone that didn't play well. Take it as a badge of honor as the only thing that karma does is impact how many pluses and negatives you can hand out.

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
Members
1,013 posts
2,825 battles
1 minute ago, vikingno2 said:

It not import just extremely annoying , I spawn on the flank pushed up to support the DD and Cruiser that went forward, kill a Richelieu and the Ark Royal. Yet I get a bunch of grief in chat , from BBs in the back needed support.

Your membership to the Battleship Camping Society has been revoked, eh? :cap_haloween:

[-K-]
Members
4,962 posts
16,321 battles

There's really no way to definitively tell whether you were contributing from a final score screen, unfortunately. If you got those numbers by damaging key targets and contesting objectives throughout the game, then of course you contributed and the whiners can go eat a duck. If you got them by blapping guys who were suiciding on you to try and end the game faster because it was already decided, then no, you didn't. It's on you as a player to be honest with yourself about whether you did, in fact, influence it or just farm it.

Or you could mail your replay to @Lord_Zath for a second opinion, I suppose!

• Cool 6

[-TKS-]
Members
1,019 posts
8,057 battles
8 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

I get a bunch of grief in chat

the sunk ones tend to salt the waters with tears as they cry out for living to save the game. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[THOR]
Members
362 posts
1 minute ago, skillztowin said:

the sunk ones tend to salt the waters with tears as they cry out for living to save the game. 

That is a good one. Almost good enough for a signature Quote.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,127 battles
10 minutes ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Hid in the back farming fail damage, right?

lol

Hid in the back with a Tirpitz and farmed damage.  Not the battleship I would choose for that...

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,642 battles

There are a lot of ways you can get a really high score, without actually contributing to the victory.  For example:

His kills were a Rich and an Ark Royal.  Unless the CV was in a very bad spot, that was a long way to travel for a Tirpitz for a relatively low priority target.  The 40 plane kills means it was a decently long battle, and the Tirp probably got most, if not all, that damage.  Add in the Rich kill and thats likely where the bulk of the 167k came from.

Assuming the enemy team only got 2 caps and didn't grab the 3rd, that is a lot of time to farm more damage too, especially in a tirp that isn't all that easy to burn down even tiered.  All the while, losing the game.

Anyways, without the actual replay, nobody will be able to tell if you helped or hurt your team.  Damage numbers alone really don't show that.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[-TKS-]
Members
1,019 posts
8,057 battles
19 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

of course you contributed and the whiners can go eat a duck.

I would say that High Cal Badge he earned is a good indicator of solid work. honoring his heavy hand on 5 of the 7 kills his team posted.. 

34 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Sure thing

in a tirpitz, you probably looked like an angry bull in bullfight at the end of that game. ending with you on the wrong end of a gnesi torpedo. i would say you got into the thick of the action. 

Edited by skillztowin

[WORX]
Members
6,538 posts
16,206 battles
31 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

555050581_Capture2.thumb.PNG.26b874bb0f64d153c6576230e2939718.PNG

I see an even game to where no cruisers has a good match (Nurmberg and the red NO made it to the top 5 with a kill)... So with both cruisers out and can only do what was done... That leaves DDs and BBs.

The green fleet DDs were out scored by 2 kills (3 red kills to 1) with the Z-52 gaining the top 3 spot... Which leaves a big deficit for the BBs to carry...

Compared to what you had to face on the OP red BB side... The TIrpitz is an avg ship... Then you look at the red side BBs, IMO its no contest... if you dont sink the red OP BBs (OP compared to what the green fleet BB had)... You had no chance of winning...

To me this is the familiar tale of high tier game play... The fleet BBs who manage to out kill the other side, has a better shot of winning. No other class has the capability to over come the deficit when the BBs dont produce...

So based on what I noted above... Valiant  effort, to bad  your BBs did not produce and to bad the red BBs were to OP... This is not a "carry harder" situation. Its a man! Tough game, head high you did what you can type situation...

It truly sucks.

Edited by Navalpride33

[NWNG]
Members
85 posts
677 battles

replay would be better to see if you did or did not contribute.

Final numbers, it's impossible to determine, when those numbers went soaring like they did.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,932 posts
12,817 battles
2 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

lol

Hid in the back with a Tirpitz and farmed damage.  Not the battleship I would choose for that...

Did you even look at the battle results? You don't get 95 secondary hits sitting in the back nor do you get 82 main gun hits. As @skillztowin said he must have been like an angry bull in that match.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
4,962 posts
16,321 battles
2 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

I would say that High Cal Badge he earned is a good indicator of solid work. 

You can earn HC easily by spamming BB HE from the backline all game. I'm not saying he did. In this case, he did at some point get into close combat (95 secondary hits), but we don't know when -- the point is that timing and context are way more important than raw damage, which is what HC is based on.

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,127 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Did you even look at the battle results? You don't get 95 secondary hits sitting in the back nor do you get 82 main gun hits. As @skillztowin said he must have been like an angry bull in that match.

That's part of my point.  Tirpitz is not a ship that will get you a lot of damage shooting at long ranges.  With that number of shell hits and amount of damage, he had to be medium to close range.

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,127 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

You can earn HC easily by spamming BB HE from the backline all game. I'm not saying he did. In this case, he did at some point get into close combat (95 secondary hits), but we don't know when -- the point is that timing and context are way more important than raw damage, which is what HC is based on.

Only 2 fires.  Not that Tirpitz gets a lot of fires but only two over the course of a battle and 95 secondary hits, I'd surmise he was shooting a lot of AP.

Members
79 posts
3,305 battles

would've been more impressive had u been the one lower tiered