Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor00

Quick Cut: Tier VII Premium British Cruiser HMS Belfast (Ranked Sprint Gameplay)

8 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,412 posts
10,604 battles

There's a reason that Tier VII Premium British cruiser HMS Belfast is no longer sold.  If you own one, though, she's a solid pick for this season of Ranked Sprint.

Edited by SeaRaptor00

Members
1,877 posts
3,294 battles

This ranked sprint season has been highly educational in learning to counterplay radar. I am no longer nearly as intimidated by Belfast as I used to be. Of course, OP ships + potato player still equals potato. I have won a bunch of cruiser duels this ranked sprint with Belfasts who sat in smoke and popped their radar. I rush their smoke after the radar goes down and use torpedoes to zone them. If I'm lucky, I can use their own smoke to hide from any supporting red ships.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,739 posts
12,058 battles

I sold my Belfast long ago...without torps and not in a Div, she is very vulnerable.  The radar helps a lot in Sprint, but I would rather have a Fiji or and Indy...actually played Indy quite a bit and it is a Belfast killer.

[RKLES]
Members
10,722 posts
12,355 battles
55 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

I sold my Belfast long ago...without torps and not in a Div, she is very vulnerable.  The radar helps a lot in Sprint, but I would rather have a Fiji or and Indy...actually played Indy quite a bit and it is a Belfast killer.

Scharnhorst does wonders vs Belfast as well... :cap_haloween:

Members
1,849 posts
16,054 battles

Great ship in ranked if your team is doing the right things, of limited abilities if things are going south (unless Belfast vs DDs at end). 

Find that my Belfast can be more influential in randoms with greater numbers of targets and more open water. In ranked, fewer targets and fewer spotters means can’t harvest as much damage during each smoke.  Since Belfast is about damage over time, and can lack the alpha damage potential verses larger targets - hard to win at the end of a game when it is you versus an almost full heath Scharnhorst....

Edited by Panzer1113

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,412 posts
10,604 battles

These are all good points... and you can see some of it demonstrated in the game above where I am somewhat less effective once the lone enemy destroyer is dead.  Belfast can self-spot for short durations but she still needs teammates, and learning to play against them is simply a matter of skill and patience. 

[FURIA]
Members
66 posts
8,982 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, SeaRaptor00 said:

These are all good points... and you can see some of it demonstrated in the game above where I am somewhat less effective once the lone enemy destroyer is dead.  Belfast can self-spot for short durations but she still needs teammates, and learning to play against them is simply a matter of skill and patience. 

Totally agree. And as LWM said in her review, Belfast is a monstruous DD hunter and there is where her OPness relies. Other than that is just an OK CL.

PS: many Belfast players tend to forget how effective her AP is on broadside cruisers and even battleships superestructure...

PS2: cant believe someone sold a Belfast... but it's a free word they say ;-)

Sign in to follow this