You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IndygoEEI

And now for Something Completely Different....

13 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
Members
85 posts
677 battles

Ship sunk by its own toilet... never thought I would hear something like that in my life. WG, can we have random chance of toilet malfunctions on these submarines you're wanting to bring into the game, lol.

• Funny 1

[XG]
Members
153 posts
797 battles
10 minutes ago, CelestialSwan said:

Ship sunk by its own toilet... never thought I would hear something like that in my life. WG, can we have random chance of toilet malfunctions on these submarines you're wanting to bring into the game, lol.

The new "accoustic homing" torpedoes the WG subs all have should include circular runs if they miss.

USS Tullibee, USS Tang, U-377, U-869, and U-972 all torpedoed themselves. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XCOM]
Beta Testers
124 posts
219 battles
5 hours ago, CelestialSwan said:

That's what I was thinking too...

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

How about a

"detonation by toilet" 

"toilet implosion"

Both of these would reward you with some blank flags for wiping the chit off your face

[USCGC]
Members
431 posts
3,692 battles

That's a new one for me, never heard of a ship getting sunk by it's own toilet. I guess you could say it was a crappy situation for the U-1206 crew :cap_cool:(Sorry, I love good puns)

That is the second naval story I've heard about involving a toilet. The first was the toilet bomb flown off of the USS Midway in the Vietnam War. Perhaps that could be added in game as well to the CV dive bombers.

https://eugeneleeslover.com/Humor/Toilet_bomb.html

toilet_bomb.jpg

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[FML]
Members
3,165 posts
13,519 battles
7 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

That's a new one for me, never heard of a ship getting sunk by it's own toilet. I guess you could say it was a crappy situation for the U-1206 crew :cap_cool:(Sorry, I love good puns)

That is the second naval story I've heard about involving a toilet. The first was the toilet bomb flown off of the USS Midway in the Vietnam War. Perhaps that could be added in game as well to the CV dive bombers.

https://eugeneleeslover.com/Humor/Toilet_bomb.html

toilet_bomb.jpg

I don’t even understand why they would drop porcelain on the enemy. 

Now, a kitchen sink would be funny. But a toilet is just odd. 

[USCGC]
Members
431 posts
3,692 battles
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I don’t even understand why they would drop porcelain on the enemy. 

Now, a kitchen sink would be funny. But a toilet is just odd. 

From that story that I linked in my post, that toilet had broke, and was about to be tossed overboard. A weapons guy saw that and instead of throwing it overboard, fitted it with the rack and fins. 

In all my years on ships, I can’t recall ever seeing a porcelain sink, they are made out of stainless steel. 

[LEGIT]
Members
2,029 posts
27,888 battles

Announcer (Eric Idle): And now for something completely different. A man with three buttocks!

Host (John Cleese): Good Evening. I have with me Mr Arthur Frampton who has... (pause) Mr. Frampton, I understand that you, as it were, have... (pause) Well let me put it another way. I believe Mr. Frampton that whereas most people have - er - two... two.. you... you...

Frampton (Terry Jones): I'm sorry?

Host: Ah yes, yes I see. Are you quite comfortable?

Frampton: Yes, fine thank you.

etc. etc.