You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Best reticle against t7 to t9 targets?

8 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
522 posts
1,593 battles

Just started playing Fiji and using one of the standard reticle that worked well at t3 to t5. Notice my hit percent has gone way down fighting against faster ships. Is there a reticle for 30 knot ships? 35 knot ships etc? Having to calculate formulas in the heat of battle is slowing me down. Got in a running gunfight with a t9 dd last night and I had a real tough time landing shots on it. Never seen a ship move so fast. Lead was so far the ship was not even in the picture at 5k in bino mode. Help! I have watched many aiming videos but they don't seem to address this.

[DBRIS]
Members
182 posts
6,835 battles
11 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Just started playing Fiji and using one of the standard reticle that worked well at t3 to t5. Notice my hit percent has gone way down fighting against faster ships. Is there a reticle for 30 knot ships? 35 knot ships etc? Having to calculate formulas in the heat of battle is slowing me down. Got in a running gunfight with a t9 dd last night and I had a real tough time landing shots on it. Never seen a ship move so fast. Lead was so far the ship was not even in the picture at 5k in bino mode. Help! I have watched many aiming videos but they don't seem to address this.

Wait until you try Atlanta trying to hit a Lightning, you ARE aiming off the screen. I have always used the Type 12 Static. It's what I'm used to. I just sort of know how much to lead (Practice I guess). Only tough ones are when they are at extreme angles. 

[TBW]
Members
8,249 posts
15,011 battles
30 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Nomogram reticle from Aslain's modpack.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-A-8-]
Members
146 posts
13,262 battles

I'd suggest giving the dynamic sight a go. It rescales as you zoom in and out with the distance between each point on the scale being how far a ship travels in 1 second at 30 knots.

Take a look at Notser's video too, it may be of use.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,827 posts
7,770 battles

I am either using the type 2 or 3, just a plain horizontal line with scaling and a triangle in the middle.

The rest is learning to aim without formulas by pure feels. Practice will do that for you, as does playing ships with the same guns over and over again.

[GOBI]
Members
522 posts
1,593 battles

When you change it  does it go to all ships in your fleet, or just the one that is in port at the time?