You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

WEEGEEE we appreciate teaching bots great tricks but........

15 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
903 posts

It really makes COOP more fun BUT!

Just asking about DDs as it is DDs Day for me so it is first on my mind.

I get it, Bots are not just pinatas and need to cheat a little.. a LITTLE.  Sure you give them all 66 point captains.  Nothing on the planet can snake it's way through point blank 10 torp tight spreads like a bot then KILL YOU.  How they somehow have perfect range and bearing on you so their rounds are in MIDAIR .00001  of a second after they  " spot " you.  Did I mention they never miss?  Even if you pull a high G turn JUST as you get spotted at 39knts and Smoke up?

1000% Flame chance if a HE round passes within 300 yards of your ship?  Are those Molotov cocktail rounds??

No matter the speed , jukking or range .. first shot INSTANT INFERNO!

Surgical accuracy has gotten just ridiculous. Play a DD and every single volley from anything takes out engine, steering and ALWAYS at the perfect time, TORP launchers! When they heal,  JUST as they are about to take out your attacker BOOM Gone again.

It's becoming too obvious!  

I LOVE hard to fight Bots...  I LOVE bots pulling moves that set me up to get blapped.  I learn from them.

Maybe IF you made COOP tactics more closely mirror how you think the RANDOMS and OPS should play , maybe people might learn and become better players. 

COOP should be more than a Farm for your events and a place to punish the worst abusers of the rules.

Col Out

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,892 posts
9,171 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Maybe IF you made COOP tactics more closely mirror how you think the RANDOMS and OPS should play , maybe people might learn and become better players. 

true, but then you would also complain that coop is too hard. Coop is easy because the bots are 100% predictable.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,055 posts
21,617 battles

Maybe if WG’s devs would get a clue about agro, instead of blindly having them follow some incomprehensible ‘priority target’ subroutine, their bots would do better?

Always fun watching a bot attack something on the far side of the map, when 2-3 players are lots closer, and are shooting the bot to bits.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
903 posts
26 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

true, but then you would also complain that coop is too hard. Coop is easy because the bots are 100% predictable.

You didn't read my post and you don't know me.  Amazing how many people here THINK they can predict what people are going to think say or do.

And NO. Bots are NOT 100% predictable.  Nothing is.  If you think so you don't actually play Bots.. just Forums.

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
903 posts
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe if WG’s devs would get a clue about agro, instead of blindly having them follow some incomprehensible ‘priority target’ subroutine, their bots would do better?

Always fun watching a bot attack something on the far side of the map, when 2-3 players are lots closer, and are shooting the bot to bits.

Yep!  LOL I have had bots shoot OVER BBs and CAs right next to them to try and kill me 10 km away.  It's nuts.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,615 battles

Having the bots cheat is a very common game tactic  Its an easy way to make things harder without having to really do much programming.  Programming a bunch of "if this then this" scenarios to handle all the possible things the bot may see is obviously a lot harder.  With PvE being a small portion of the game and a complex bot system having fairly low benefit to the actual gameplay (meaning you'd notice little difference), I don't blame them for doing the easiest fix and moving on.

[_-_]
Members
2,654 posts
7,597 battles
53 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I get it, Bots are not just pinatas and need to cheat a little.. a LITTLE.  Sure you give them all 66 point captains.  Nothing on the planet can snake it's way through point blank 10 torp tight spreads like a bot then KILL YOU.  How they somehow have perfect range and bearing on you so their rounds are in MIDAIR .00001  of a second after they  " spot " you.  Did I mention they never miss?  Even if you pull a high G turn JUST as you get spotted at 39knts and Smoke up?

1000% Flame chance if a HE round passes within 300 yards of your ship?  Are those Molotov cocktail rounds??

Surgical accuracy has gotten just ridiculous. Play a DD and every single volley from anything takes out engine, steering and ALWAYS at the perfect time, TORP launchers! When they heal,  JUST as they are about to take out your attacker BOOM Gone again.

I LOVE hard to fight Bots...  I LOVE bots pulling moves that set me up to get blapped.  I learn from them.

COOP should be more than a Farm for your events and a place to punish the worst abusers of the rules.

Col Out

Methinks thou dost protest too much. :cap_tea:

[WOLFG]
Members
7,019 posts
5,021 battles

If you are driving a BB in coop, you will be on fire.  This is perfectly normal.

It usually happens 3 seconds after your DD smokes up, unless you are in an IJN DD (when you are targeted at BATTLE STARTS).

[SYN]
Members
5,449 posts
12,704 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

FYI:  Whether its in co-ops or PvP, DDs routinely take multiple module damage and fires whenever they're getting repeatedly shot at by anything.  It takes no "cheating" from a bot or otherwise for this to occur.  That you're experiencing this at all is nothing noteworthy.

All the drama and hyperbole in the world doesn't change this.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

[SYN]
Members
5,449 posts
12,704 battles
43 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Catch myself almost saying "what are you doing?" out loud every time I see this.  Amusing and annoying at the same time.

Members
2,970 posts
11,446 battles

...Play a DD and every single volley from anything takes out engine, steering and ALWAYS at the perfect time, TORP launchers! When they heal,  JUST as they are about to take out your attacker BOOM Gone again

If COOP tactics more closely mirrored RANDOMS, your DD would not have time to worry about broken torp launchers.

[NWNG]
Members
85 posts
677 battles

You didn't read my post and you don't know me.  Amazing how many people here THINK they can predict what people are going to think say or do.

And NO. Bots are NOT 100% predictable.  Nothing is.  If you think so you don't actually play Bots.. just Forums.

Except that are predictable. I don't play co-op much, but when I do, I know what the bots are going to do:

1. If they have smoke, they will pop the smoke the moment they are spotted, however, they will not hide in smoke, they will continue to charge forward. Smoke is literally useless on bots, as they never utilize it for full advantage.

2. They do not attack into smoke, unless the ship inside it is spotted. They will charge into smoke if a DD is sitting inside it, but not fire until the ship is spotted.

3. If you want to get as much damage in Co-op, follow your friendly destroyer, as bots home-in on them at the very beginning and will chase them down, even if the DD slams himself into the corner of the map.

4. They don't care about the objective. Even if they have the base capture 50% completed, they will leave the capture point, to attack someone in their base who only has it 25% completed, even though they would win if they stayed put. So no need to actively shoot them to reset, unless them leaving would take too long.

5. first 2 turrets are always a miss. Even in a great big easy to hit battleship, the first of shells from two turrets worth of fire, every bot that fires on me, has always missed. It baffles me to see you claim they are 100% accurate, when simply playing the gamemode once proves that to be incorrect.

6. First HE shell to hit is 100% fire chance (that's from my experience with co-op). Doesn't matter where that shell comes from, the first HE shell that hits, is yes, 100% fire chance. Every HE shell after, is normal levels.

7. They have unique commander skills not available to players (ability to know when torpedoes are launched at them, the moment you launch torpedoes). But this has a work around, by locking-on and using the white section as a guide, and then removing your lock-on before launching your torpedoes. Then you do not lock-on to any ship, without first switching to main battery, and you lock-on to a different ship, AFTER counting to 10 (use your Torpedo countdown timer if you must).

• Cool 1

[O-PN]
Members
2,108 posts
4,424 battles
1 hour ago, xXUglykidXx said:

Ummmm... if you want bots to be more like random, why don’t you just play randoms ?

I'd take bots in co op over many players I've had on the team.  At least then it's a given that a spotted DD will be shot at and the bot won't start center, turn to the east at full speed and sit behind an island doing literally nothing while the rest of the team engages.... and of course AFK, 0% chance of an AFK bot.

[GT99]
Members
654 posts
10,103 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Col Out

Yeah, I have to agree on them cocktails. The whole salvo will miss except that one stray that causes a fire every time.