Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Lots of CVs this weekend?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

771
[CVA16]
Members
4,059 posts
12,859 battles

Seemed like there were lots of CVs at mid-tier this weekend. Especially in the scenario where there would be 8+ in the queue and only a few other  ships. Was there some sort of CV encouraging mission? Fortunately didn't get into any 3 CV missions in PVE but having two was common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[TDR]
Members
377 posts
6,277 battles
29 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Seemed like there were lots of CVs at mid-tier this weekend. Especially in the scenario where there would be 8+ in the queue and only a few other  ships. Was there some sort of CV encouraging mission? Fortunately didn't get into any 3 CV missions in PVE but having two was common.

There are “CV training missions” each week for the next 4 weeks that require certain damage to receive a resource container 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[TF-60]
Members
389 posts
11,701 battles
27 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

There are “CV training missions” each week for the next 4 weeks that require certain damage to receive a resource container 

FFS—this will make the dev’s spreadsheets look better about the rework.  Guess they have to do something to increase playing of the griever  class

couldn’t get a game at any tier without CVs this weekend.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,478
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

I play mine on the weekends to get the naval battle stars. I dont mess around with them much during the week though but I wont pass up the low hanging fruit to get oil.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,883
[RLGN]
Members
12,043 posts
21,595 battles
26 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I play mine on the weekends to get the naval battle stars. I dont mess around with them much during the week though but I wont pass up the low hanging fruit to get oil.

Definitely this.

I hate the rework so much the only time I’ll play carriers any more is for Ops or NB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
71 posts
5,807 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Seemed like there were lots of CVs at mid-tier this weekend. Especially in the scenario where there would be 8+ in the queue and only a few other  ships. Was there some sort of CV encouraging mission? Fortunately didn't get into any 3 CV missions in PVE but having two was common.

It is strange that you should mention that because on Sunday morning my first five matches were CV free. I think that they must be late sleepers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,994
[_-_]
Members
2,645 posts
7,570 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Seemed like there were lots of CVs at mid-tier this weekend. Especially in the scenario where there would be 8+ in the queue and only a few other  ships. Was there some sort of CV encouraging mission? Fortunately didn't get into any 3 CV missions in PVE but having two was common.

I played my new Ark Royal quite a bit, but as per usual just in Co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
967
[WOLF8]
Members
5,663 posts
5,361 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Ark Royal.

^ This.

I heard that AR is perfect for the Operations, especially the Killer Whale. It looks as if WG timed her release right on time for KW... but that's just me, lol. :Smile_hiding:

However, KW is generally considered as a low-AA operation, hence it's very good for all other CV's too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
771
[CVA16]
Members
4,059 posts
12,859 battles
33 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Last weeks numbers show another mild drop in CV players, doesn't include the weekend though

Does that include coop and scenarios? They were (pick your adjective: almost; somewhat; too; overly; oppressively;) common in randoms but what really made me take notice was the numbers in the queue for the scenario (which is one place I go to avoid having to face CVs). I saw as many as 13 CVs along with only 1 BB and 2 CA during one of my waits. Wait times for CVs must have been looooooooong.

20 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I played my new Ark Royal quite a bit, but as per usual just in Co-op.

Would have thought I'd see lots of these but it was mostly the older CVs. Then again I have backed off high tier play a bit.

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,077
[O-PN]
Members
2,107 posts
4,424 battles
3 hours ago, General_WTSherman said:

FFS—this will make the dev’s spreadsheets look better about the rework.  Guess they have to do something to increase playing of the griever  class

couldn’t get a game at any tier without CVs this weekend.

They've been doing this for a while now -- keeping spreadsheet happy by forcing CV play via directives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×