You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Lots of CVs this weekend?

14 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
4,059 posts
12,859 battles

Seemed like there were lots of CVs at mid-tier this weekend. Especially in the scenario where there would be 8+ in the queue and only a few other  ships. Was there some sort of CV encouraging mission? Fortunately didn't get into any 3 CV missions in PVE but having two was common.

[TDR]
Members
377 posts
6,277 battles
29 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Seemed like there were lots of CVs at mid-tier this weekend. Especially in the scenario where there would be 8+ in the queue and only a few other  ships. Was there some sort of CV encouraging mission? Fortunately didn't get into any 3 CV missions in PVE but having two was common.

There are “CV training missions” each week for the next 4 weeks that require certain damage to receive a resource container 

[TF-60]
Members
389 posts
11,701 battles
27 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

There are “CV training missions” each week for the next 4 weeks that require certain damage to receive a resource container 

FFS—this will make the dev’s spreadsheets look better about the rework.  Guess they have to do something to increase playing of the griever  class

couldn’t get a game at any tier without CVs this weekend.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

I play mine on the weekends to get the naval battle stars. I dont mess around with them much during the week though but I wont pass up the low hanging fruit to get oil.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,043 posts
21,595 battles
26 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I play mine on the weekends to get the naval battle stars. I dont mess around with them much during the week though but I wont pass up the low hanging fruit to get oil.

Definitely this.

I hate the rework so much the only time I’ll play carriers any more is for Ops or NB.

Members
71 posts
5,807 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

It is strange that you should mention that because on Sunday morning my first five matches were CV free. I think that they must be late sleepers.

[_-_]
Members
2,645 posts
7,570 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

I played my new Ark Royal quite a bit, but as per usual just in Co-op.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,663 posts
5,361 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Ark Royal.

^ This.

I heard that AR is perfect for the Operations, especially the Killer Whale. It looks as if WG timed her release right on time for KW... but that's just me, lol. :Smile_hiding:

However, KW is generally considered as a low-AA operation, hence it's very good for all other CV's too.

[CVA16]
Members
4,059 posts
12,859 battles
33 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Last weeks numbers show another mild drop in CV players, doesn't include the weekend though

Does that include coop and scenarios? They were (pick your adjective: almost; somewhat; too; overly; oppressively;) common in randoms but what really made me take notice was the numbers in the queue for the scenario (which is one place I go to avoid having to face CVs). I saw as many as 13 CVs along with only 1 BB and 2 CA during one of my waits. Wait times for CVs must have been looooooooong.

20 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I played my new Ark Royal quite a bit, but as per usual just in Co-op.

Would have thought I'd see lots of these but it was mostly the older CVs. Then again I have backed off high tier play a bit.

Edited by Sabot_100

[O-PN]
Members
2,107 posts
4,424 battles
3 hours ago, General_WTSherman said:

FFS—this will make the dev’s spreadsheets look better about the rework.  Guess they have to do something to increase playing of the griever  class

couldn’t get a game at any tier without CVs this weekend.

They've been doing this for a while now -- keeping spreadsheet happy by forcing CV play via directives.