Sign in to follow this  
Rumple010

50 plane kill mission

13 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
619 posts
22,434 battles

I saw the mission in the second directive for 50 plane kills and thought, "Well, I wonder how long this is going to take?" Between games with no CVs and games where the CV decides to send her planes to the other side of the map I expected it to take quite a while.

Then I get this match.

shot-19_09.23_10_32.49-0802.thumb.jpg.fb8371cf348220486d0f3b154fc8947b.jpgshot-19_09.23_10_33.25-0461.thumb.jpg.28e8a0852f3b4cee589198ba2f6f3c2b.jpgshot-19_09.23_10_33.27-0340.thumb.jpg.8f19d3eb5ce89b10351f163929e3c9f4.jpg

Everything just fell into place. My team were mostly bots that sank just enough ships so I wouldn't get dog piled then obligingly let themselves get sunk so I could do some farming.

Friendly Salem hung out at the back line for a while letting me do some more farming.

Bot CV spawned on the same side of the map as I did so I had plenty of opportunities to shoot down planes. After most of the enemy was sunk, I didn't have to go far to chase down the CV and park beside her shooting down planes as they came off the deck and racking up the secondary hits for that mission, too.

Previous matches got me about a dozen plane kills so that mission is complete now and I'm about half way through the secondary mission. Time to take out my Tirpitz and Black Mass. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Rumple010
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,221 battles
8 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

I saw the mission in the second directive for 50 plane kills and thought, "Well, I wonder how long this is going to take?" Between games with no CVs and games where the CV decides to send her planes to the other side of the map I expected it to take quite a while.

Then I get this match.

shot-19_09.23_10_32.49-0802.thumb.jpg.fb8371cf348220486d0f3b154fc8947b.jpgshot-19_09.23_10_33.25-0461.thumb.jpg.28e8a0852f3b4cee589198ba2f6f3c2b.jpgshot-19_09.23_10_33.27-0340.thumb.jpg.8f19d3eb5ce89b10351f163929e3c9f4.jpg

Everything just fell into place. My team were mostly bots that sank just enough ships so I wouldn't get dog piled then obligingly let themselves get sunk so I could do some farming.

Friendly Salem hung out at the back line for a while letting me do some more farming.

Bot CV spawned on the same side of the map as I did so I had plenty of opportunities to shoot down planes. After most of the enemy was sunk, I didn't have to go far to chase down the CV and park beside her shooting down planes as they came off the deck and racking up the secondary hits for that mission, too.

Previous matches got me about a dozen plane kills so that mission is complete now and I'm about half way through the secondary mission. Time to take out my Tirpitz and Black Mass. :Smile_izmena:

Nice!

I had a couple games where I got a few and was up to 20 then had a Benham game where I got 30. Was 4 or 5 games total. Was 1st one I finished.

Love having CV's back for the bot team.

[WOLFC]
Members
755 posts
6,135 battles

At least we now have bot CVs in coop games with fairly good regularity, even if there is no human CV in the que. That makes these types of tasks much easier.

I remember there was one of these types of tasks as part of the mission chain to get Exeter this spring, back when there were no bots in coop. It took forever to complete and was like pulling teeth.

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,221 battles
5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

At least we now have bot CVs in coop games with fairly good regularity, even if there is no human CV in the que. That makes these types of tasks much easier.

I remember there was one of these types of tasks as part of the mission chain to get Exeter this spring, back when there were no bots in coop. It took forever to complete and was like pulling teeth.

Yup. There was a 30, 60, and 100 in and around the time the CV's were out of Co-op for the bots. I did them but lord it was awful. You had to load a good AA Cruiser and yolo ahead looking for a bot Cruiser with a fighter and hope you intercepted it when it would launch it so you got 2-4 plane kills. 

[WOLF8]
Members
5,663 posts
5,361 battles

For best and fast result, I recommend sailing any DD with decent AA. Low-ish HP means it's more likely for the bot CV to select you to hover its planes around, thus making the planes come to you.

But that's just me, lol. :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
29 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

For best and fast result, I recommend sailing any DD with decent AA. Low-ish HP means it's more likely for the bot CV to select you to hover its planes around, thus making the planes come to you.

No it is a great idea and was my plan. If you can division up with a CV player, so much the better as you don't always get a bot carrier in co-op. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,221 battles
31 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

No it is a great idea and was my plan. If you can division up with a CV player, so much the better as you don't always get a bot carrier in co-op. 

Yes, with the way CV's go for DD's it is a good plan Blorgh2017. As I  mentioned above I got 30 in one game in Benham. 

IF you don't have a DD stick as close as you can to any DD near the middle or opposite end of map from the green CV and you can usually be near the targeted DD at the start for max plane kills.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,663 posts
5,361 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If you can division up with a CV player, so much the better as you don't always get a bot carrier in co-op. 

Great idea. :Smile_great:

Unfortunately, I have nobody to div with... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Not that I really want to or anything... lel. :Smile_hiding:

4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

IF you don't have a DD stick as close as you can to any DD near the middle or opposite end of map from the green CV and you can usually be near the targeted DD at the start for max plane kills.

Well, it's generally a good idea to stick with a DD, no matter your ship type, since the bots tend to home in on them. :fish_book:

Unless the DD player is a goof who starts the match by sailing away from the spawn points, lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,100 posts
17,896 battles

I just kill 36 planes with Sims.

Bot cv focus on DD (usually) and AA is so powerful now then planes fall like flies against DDt :Smile_trollface:

Imho aa is really broken now.

If I was a plane pilot in this game I would refuse to fight 

[WOLF3]
Members
22,444 posts
20,530 battles

DDs are a good bet in knocking aircraft kill missions in Co-op.  You're fast and you play forward, and naturally attract bot CV attention.  Even Shimakaze can swat planes.  Got a bunch with Kleber yesterday to finish the mission, and her AA is trash, like all other FR DD AA.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
138 posts
6,568 battles

Hadn't gotten the container from my Kaga yet so I took her into Co-op last night, it was late and I didn't want to risk a random battle.   Only a couple of human players, before long it was just me and the enemy CV.  I set course for the enemy cap while swatting away attacks.  Finally finished the enemy CV with my secondary guns.   49 planes shot down, mission complete.  

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles
9 hours ago, Mikebello said:

I just kill 36 planes with Sims.

Sims would be my choice too, but there is no way to div up with a CV in it that doesn't potentially get a T6 CV dragged up to face T9, or my Sims dragged up to face T10 (though that might be the lesser of the two evils, assuming the high-tier ships did not murder all the planes before I could get my share).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Sign in to follow this