Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralThunder

8000 Flooding damge - hard - who knew

57 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles

I am done the part 2 directives except for the darn flooding. It isn't hard to get a flood itself but trying to get flood damage has been so frustrating. Only have 1130+ so far of the 8K needed. I set up a target perfect, get it to DCP due to fire, then do a torp run with only 1 rack so it won't kill it and hope for a fire. Either RNG says NOPE and no flood OR if you get one the second you do someone dev strikes the ship..

Guess I need to try a CV and go for ships in the back so other people can't sink them before the flood damage takes hold.

:Smile-angry:

:Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles

The change to flooding mechanics is going to make this very hard, especially in co-op. The smaller size of the teams, the short games, and other human players blasting away at your flooding ship will make it practically impossible to get done. 

I am planning on skipping it unless I get it done by accident, and focus on one of the credit missions instead. If the USA is an option here, the choice will be obvious. Loads of Missouri games! 

Edited by Taylor3006

[USCC]
Members
2,720 posts
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am done the part 2 directives except for the darn flooding. It isn't hard to get a flood itself but trying to get flood damage has been so frustrating. Only have 1130+ so far of the 8K needed. I set up a target perfect, get it to DCP due to fire, then do a torp run with only 1 rack so it won't kill it and hope for a fire. Either RNG says NOPE and no flood R if you get one the second you do someone dev strikes the ship..

Guess I need to try a CV and go for ships in the back so other people can't sink them before the flood damage takes hold.

Maybe it should take longer than a few hours lol And by the looks of it, the flooding is just about right. :cap_like:

[WOLFC]
Members
618 posts
22,385 battles
26 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I find I'm getting a good number of floods using Ark Royal on Killer Whale.

Go for the Kawachi when she firsts spawns. There likely won't be anyone near enough to shoot her while she's flooding out.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I don't always expect to get every mission done the day it comes out.

Neither do I but Thunder likes to stay a week ahead of the rest of us I think.... He reminds me of a teenaged boy at dinner time, just gobbling up everything that isn't nailed down! 

Great suggestion Rumple, I hadn't thought of OPs. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
618 posts
22,385 battles
30 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am done the part 2 directives except for the darn flooding. It isn't hard to get a flood itself but trying to get flood damage has been so frustrating. Only have 1130+ so far of the 8K needed. I set up a target perfect, get it to DCP due to fire, then do a torp run with only 1 rack so it won't kill it and hope for a fire. Either RNG says NOPE and no flood OR if you get one the second you do someone dev strikes the ship..

I think the flooding mission was the first one I completed. I got it in a Kamikaze game by landing one torpedo on a Giulio Cesare for 9,100 flood damage. I landed only 2 torpedoes the whole match.

But it was in a random game. :Smile_hiding:

Don't hate me.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I don't always expect to get every mission done the day it comes out.

Slacker

5 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

Go for the Kawachi when she firsts spawns. There likely won't be anyone near enough to shoot her while she's flooding out.

I don't play anything but Co-op. But thanks for the suggestion.

5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Neither do I but Thunder likes to stay a week ahead of the rest of us I think.... He reminds me of a teenaged boy at dinner time, just gobbling up everything that isn't nailed down! 

Great suggestion Rumple, I hadn't thought of OPs. 

Nom...nom...nom...

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
2 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

I think the flooding mission was the first one I completed. I got it in a Kamikaze game by landing one torpedo on a Giulio Cesare for 9,100 flood damage. I landed only 2 torpedoes the whole match.

Don't hate me.

I don't. Everyone has flaws. I choose to look past them (usually). :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLFG]
Members
6,937 posts
4,987 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Having a teenage boy, this is grossly accurate.

I've almost lost digits passing him food.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles

Everything is right with the world again. :cap_horn:

Kaga + GK that used DCP + 4 torp hits and 2 floods = 10k flood damage!

And done...:Smile_izmena:

Now I have to wait a week for Stage 3... :Smile_sad:  (:Smile_hiding:)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
14,679 battles

Hard in PVE because of how people gang up on ships and how fast the AI damage controls - much easier in randoms.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,269 posts

Working from home, waiting for reports to finish running

Decided to log in, get daily drop, play a battle.

Z-46, 9500 flooding damage to an Iowa, task complete.

:Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

[TBW]
Members
8,613 posts
15,469 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't play anything but Co-op. But thanks for the suggestion.

I consider operations the same as Co op, but with better benefits.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
1 hour ago, Rumple010 said:

Don't hate me.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Everything is right with the world again. :cap_horn:

Kaga + GK that used DCP + 4 torp hits and 2 floods = 10k flood damage!

And done...:Smile_izmena:

Now I have to wait a week for Stage 3... :Smile_sad:  (:Smile_hiding:)

46 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I hate you people..... The only progress I have made so far is sinking two boats and getting 4 secondary hits.... I only played two games though, earned my crate and went to play Tanks for a bit.   :cap_fainting:

BTW Thunder, I had an idea last night while playing the game. Was kind of irked I had so much time but the Directives were not available yet and it got me pondering. What do you think of asking Wargaming to give Premium Time players early access to the Directives. Say like 24 hours or thereabouts, to reward them for spending money on the game? Can you write something up like that if you think it is a good idea?

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,030 posts
21,537 battles
2 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Was gonna say something like this; run your Destroyer-con carrier in Killer Whale Admiral.

Go for the three port battleships, or the three must sinks outside.

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just to make certain, are you using the signal flags that increase chances of flooding? ( I forget the names of those 2 increased flooding chances signal flags often, but they can help despite the higher Detonations risk for your ship in return unless running Detonations signal flags to prevent Detonations)

I still make use of those signal flags despite the reduced yield as far as flood damage and since I ended up with so many of those signal flags some how.

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
43 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just to make certain, are you using the signal flags that increase chances of flooding? ( I forget the names of those 2 increased flooding chances signal flags often, but they can help despite the higher Detonations risk for your ship in return unless running Detonations signal flags to prevent Detonations)

I still make use of those signal flags despite the reduced yield as far as flood damage and since I ended up with so many of those signal flags some how.

I was - 2 of them (fire+ flood and just flood). Understand though it's not getting a flood that is the issue so much as it is getting the ship it is on to last long enough for the damage to add up.

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I hate you people..... The only progress I have made so far is sinking two boats and getting 4 secondary hits.... I only played two games though, earned my crate and went to play Tanks for a bit.   :cap_fainting:

BTW Thunder, I had an idea last night while playing the game. Was kind of irked I had so much time but the Directives were not available yet and it got me pondering. What do you think of asking Wargaming to give Premium Time players early access to the Directives. Say like 24 hours or thereabouts, to reward them for spending money on the game? Can you write something up like that if you think it is a good idea?

I don't think it is a bad idea or anything I just do not see WG doing it. They operate in their own little world and seldom if ever respond to ideas from the players. Complaints and riots yes but ideas not so much. 

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I was - 2 of them (fire+ flood and just flood). Understand though it's not getting a flood that is the issue so much as it is getting the ship it is on to last long enough for the damage to add up.

What ships are you trying to use?

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What ships are you trying to use?

I am done now. I was using DD. Went to CV and got it done in 1 game.

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am done now. I was using DD. Went to CV and got it done in 1 game.

Lol yeah CV in Scenario battle if possible for mission can be great way to get them done. 

[PVE]
Members
9,984 posts
18,179 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol yeah CV in Scenario battle if possible for mission can be great way to get them done. 

Went Cv in Co-op.

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Went Cv in Co-op.

On mobile device at moment so have not been able to get to my computer to play WOWs yet today. Is the Flooding mission possible in  scenerio this time? Since with Killer Whale Scenerio at the moment you have those nice BBs to line up torp runs on including the BB that never moves away from the pier.

Sign in to follow this