Sign in to follow this  
HoIo

Replays Loading up but never playing

5 comments in this topic

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,752 battles

So it's a bit embarrassing to have to post a thread to figure out what the problem is... However I've verified how to play a replay (literally click and drag), and I've reviewed multiple videos and tutorials on it. I've swapped my permissions on the WoWS.exe application file to admin, both the application itself and Wargaming center. I've even reinstalled the game entirely, and done integrity checks. The replay will always load up, and will always go through every thing fine-- the problem is it continues to sit on the login screen with the loading icon on display indefinitely, or until I close out the window (which never needs to be forced, it's a responsive client even in this state). Any help would be hugely appreciated.

On a side note, I do use the Azur Lane mod, but I've already cleared any possibility of that being the issue with the owner of the mod, which is why I've ultimately come here. :Smile_amazed:

[TBW]
Members
8,647 posts
15,526 battles

Are the replays from before the last update?

37 minutes ago, HoIo said:

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Beta Testers
1,406 posts
17,196 battles

Through the years we have always had people who cannot play replays.....personally i have never had that problem.

Step 1) Make sure your WGC or Wows client is shut off, WOWS must not be running and you must not be logged in to WGC.

Step 2) Navigate to your WOWS folder ...for me it's  C:\Games\World_of_Warships\replays.

Step 3) Double click on the replay of your choice, the game should start without having to log in or anything else.

As  @Sovereigndawg above stated you will not be able to replay files older than the last patch. I enabled replays a few years ago using the config file and i have never had to do it again it has always worked.

I hope this info was helpful.

Members
3,170 posts
6,349 battles
6 hours ago, HoIo said:

So it's a bit embarrassing to have to post a thread to figure out what the problem is... However I've verified how to play a replay (literally click and drag), and I've reviewed multiple videos and tutorials on it. I've swapped my permissions on the WoWS.exe application file to admin, both the application itself and Wargaming center. I've even reinstalled the game entirely, and done integrity checks. The replay will always load up, and will always go through every thing fine-- the problem is it continues to sit on the login screen with the loading icon on display indefinitely, or until I close out the window (which never needs to be forced, it's a responsive client even in this state). Any help would be hugely appreciated.

On a side note, I do use the Azur Lane mod, but I've already cleared any possibility of that being the issue with the owner of the mod, which is why I've ultimately come here. :Smile_amazed:

As a fellow UTAH'N   just place the REPLAY file on the paper clip so I can dload and play it and see if I get the same reaction as you.  Then I'll get back to you with results.  

[SHOJO]
Beta Testers
249 posts
1,752 battles

Thanks for the help guys! As it turned out, the issue I think is the main .exe file in the folder (ie. :C//Games/World_Of_Warships_NA) wasn't the correct .exe since it integrates into the wargaming center...

The correct .exe is in the bin32 and/or bin64 folders, where there's an .exe waiting within as well. Linked all of my replays (including older ones) and it all worked perfectly sans some bugs. Thanks for all the info above guys, as it did help me get tothis point! :Smile_honoring:

3 hours ago, dionkraft said:

As a fellow UTAH'N   just place the REPLAY file on the paper clip so I can dload and play it and see if I get the same reaction as you.  Then I'll get back to you with results.  

Cheers mate :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this