Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree.

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,387
[ARGSY]
Members
15,169 posts
9,943 battles

Got all my Tier 5-plus Birthday Flakes eaten, only a few low-tier ones left to go now. God, those ships are fun. Took my Dreadnought out last night for the first time in ages and had a blast (pun intended) in co-op.

About 10K base XP into the last Unsinkable Sam mission (40K base XP). So far, even with the bonus crates they've tossed out here and there, no ships. Going to go hardcore with the German ships this week; it doesn't hurt that we have secondary-battery tasks and I have a Gneisenau that wants grinding. Everything gets a Papa Papa flag.

Remember that tomorrow's dailies missions (and those on the 29th) give out ship XP for the first and fourth stage, and this is a good time to fit FXP flags (because FXP is based on total ship XP). Also, they give free XP for the second and fifth stage which counts as FXP won by the ship in battle.  Thus it counts for one of this week's directives.

The dailies mission on the 28th gives out a total of 300,000 credits, which is also counted as part of the ship's winnings. You should try to obtain that in a ship of whichever nation you are attempting the 2.5M credit cash grind for in the current directive.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SHAFT]
Members
701 posts
14,933 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Got all my Tier 5-plus Birthday Flakes eaten, only a few low-tier ones left to go now. God, those ships are fun. Took my Dreadnought out last night for the first time in ages and had a blast (pun intended) in co-op.

About 10K base XP into the last Unsinkable Sam mission (40K base XP). So far, even with the bonus crates they've tossed out here and there, no ships. Going to go hardcore with the German ships this week; it doesn't hurt that we have secondary-battery tasks and I have a Gneisenau that wants grinding. Everything gets a Papa Papa flag.

Remember that tomorrow's dailies missions (and those on the 29th) give out ship XP for the first and fourth stage, and this is a good time to fit FXP flags (because FXP is based on total ship XP). Also, they give free XP for the second and fifth stage which counts as FXP won by the ship in battle.  Thus it counts for one of this week's directives.

The dailies mission on the 28th gives out a total of 300,000 credits, which is also counted as part of the ship's winnings. You should try to obtain that in a ship of whichever nation you are attempting the 2.5M credit cash grind for in the current directive.

Ranked out on Saturday morning which gave enough coal to get the Smolensk.

All of first week's directives except the European ship one.

To be honest after getting all the SC's done I'm unsure if I want to spend more time getting the crates for all my other ships. Might just focus on the premiums as I am trying to finish the grind on the Vladivostok.

Had some great games for damage done, WR however went south due to the quality of teams. Just couldn't carry :(

Edited by Rabin69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,906 posts
3,348 battles
11 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Ranked out on Saturday morning which gave enough coal to get the Smolensk.

All of first week's directives except the European ship one.

To be honest after getting all the SC's done I'm unsure if I want to spend more time getting the crates for all my other ships. Might just focus on the premiums as I am trying to finish the grind on the Vladivostok.

Had some great games for damage done, WR however went south due to the quality of teams. Just couldn't carry :(

This ranked sprint has been agonizing. I don't know why I'm so awful at it. I'm usually a 51% win rate person, but I have awful losing streaks in sprint. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's a pure potato team. I think it took me 15 games to get to rank 3, and I've spent now another 35+ bouncing between rank 3 and rank 2.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
897
[BNKR]
Members
1,462 posts
1,670 battles
5 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

This ranked sprint has been agonizing. I don't know why I'm so awful at it. I'm usually a 51% win rate person, but I have awful losing streaks in sprint. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's a pure potato team. I think it took me 15 games to get to rank 3, and I've spent now another 35+ bouncing between rank 3 and rank 2.

Ranked Sprint feels like it's about taking the right ship. At tier VII, Sinop and Scharnhorst are punishing ships to have in your port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,158
[INTEL]
Members
11,367 posts
31,838 battles

Pretty good weekend, in all. Couple of nasty sucky losses with collapse teams, but did have a nice 2300 base XP game in Richeliu, pushed my Okt R up to 80% win rate (thank you, div mates), and even won some games in the godawful Yudachi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,906 posts
3,348 battles
9 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Ranked Sprint feels like it's about taking the right ship. At tier VII, Sinop and Scharnhorst are punishing ships to have in your port.

I've been alternating between Scharnhorst and Fiji. I have learned quite a bit from this ranked sprint, though. It's big on radar with a lot of Belfasts and Atlantas with a sprinkling of Indianapolises. I've improved a lot at radar counterplay and learning not to overextend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SHAFT]
Members
701 posts
14,933 battles
17 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I've been alternating between Scharnhorst and Fiji. I have learned quite a bit from this ranked sprint, though. It's big on radar with a lot of Belfasts and Atlantas with a sprinkling of Indianapolises. I've improved a lot at radar counterplay and learning not to overextend.

I basically ranked out with my Z-39. Its torps have the range to counter the odd Payfast and Atlanta that I saw. They hydro was just punishing on dds that rushed the caps early.

Scharn is a fun boat, her lack of pen is a problem in this seasons ranked with the large amount of Sinops. They can bow tank you all day/night. Fiji suffers from needing spotting, Perth is the better option imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,105 posts

Finally decided what to use all my saved coal on - Georgia and Thunderer...not disappointed!

Got my 2nd 19pt Capt - Thanks Thunderer.

Used the 30% coupon for some DB.  Reset the UK BB and US CA lines getting them to tier VI so far.  Now for US BB and US CL for Ohio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,387
[ARGSY]
Members
15,169 posts
9,943 battles
32 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Finally decided what to use all my saved coal on - Georgia and Thunderer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,906 posts
3,348 battles
50 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I basically ranked out with my Z-39. Its torps have the range to counter the odd Payfast and Atlanta that I saw. They hydro was just punishing on dds that rushed the caps early.

Scharn is a fun boat, her lack of pen is a problem in this seasons ranked with the large amount of Sinops. They can bow tank you all day/night. Fiji suffers from needing spotting, Perth is the better option imo.

Can't do Perth in Tier VII Ranked Sprint, though. You definitely do notice the lack of spotting, but unless the team totally falls apart I can usually get into a good spot. Scharnhorst does struggle against the Sinop meta, but she is strong against everything else she sees, and I have surprised a Sinop or two with torps and 8 km MCSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,744
[TBW]
Members
8,631 posts
15,503 battles

Collected birthday cake flakes and worked on directives. I have 291 ships so, flakes take a while.  Still need to collect flakes for tiers 5, 6, and 7, but will take time out for Ranked sprint for the coal first. I have lots of ships to try in tier 7 ranked, none of them stick out as OP for ranked though. We will see.

shot-19_09.23_10_17.40-0532.thumb.jpg.e8fa783fa9f54256154d46be68da8e66.jpg

I kind of like Sinop, Ashitaka, and Nelson for BBs.

shot-19_09.23_10_12.54-0259.thumb.jpg.665693f3748549e6a5089990cc1d79c9.jpg

I don't think cruisers would be my ship type of choice for ranked, better chances to save a star with DD or BB however, I would use Boise/Nueve (probably Boise because I can put John Doe on her), Flint, Atlanta, Lazo, Fiji and maybe Belfast. Belfast and I don't really seam to get along well though.

shot-19_09.23_09_25.57-0117.thumb.jpg.d72d505c340ab4e4522aa95b865071c7.jpg

For DD Haida for concealment sake, Z-39 for sonar sake and Leningrad for harassment factor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,348
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,865 battles

Never ending mindless but fun Coop all weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[H_]
Members
624 posts
10,818 battles

Picked up the ZAO over the weekend.

Did some ranked which was interesting to say the least.. Went from 1 DD per team to 4 DD per team, 1 game only 1 BB per team.. some strange MM..   Z-39 seemed to be a good choice DD wise.  didn't play any BB's and took a couple different cruisers out.. 

 Got rid of the ibuki, although at the moment kind of light on t9 cruisers, may have to figure out a few to keep, or get back.  So now all i have to do is finish the Izumo and i can get Yamato.  Or maybe i'll finish the Yugomo and get the Shima next?  hmm.. 

Played some randoms,  did moderately well in a few games and horrible in others.  

Zao - first game i had 6 fires but made the mistake of getting caught in a turn by a BB.. ouch, there goes 90% of my health, actually kind of surprised he didn't dev strike me. after that it was RUN AWAY !   didn't live long..   Much better game later on when i kept my distance..  So far like the Zao a bunch..   Next up cruiser wise, Des Moines.  

Bad thing was for some reason planes didn't want to come near me in the Zao?  hmm..  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,387
[ARGSY]
Members
15,169 posts
9,943 battles
31 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

Got rid of the ibuki

With more and more snowflake-type missions, if you have the port slots and credits to do so then it pays to hang on to higher-tier ships even if they just rot at anchor 99% of the time. IIRC, last year's steel snowflakes were at T9 and T10 for tech-tree ships. Take it into co-op, knock the flake off, then tow it back into port to rot until the next time you need it. You can usually get away without a skilled captain or upgrade modules for just one co-op battle, if it so happens that you demounted them to put on the next ship up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,474
[H_]
Members
2,916 posts
13,374 battles

Finished the first Event directives before the weekend....  Tried ranked and had two great matches and then the Schwartz simply abandoned me.......  After several "I'm not sure what the heck you'all are doing" matches, I gave up.  Stayed in COOP and finished the snowflakes (I have only 53 ships I think) and stayed happily in COOP mucking around for XP for my next 19 point CPT....  

Just about done with the second installment of this event.  The Schwartz was with me this AM and the enemy CV decided I needed to go away and I decided to make an Anti-Air point.....shot-19_09.23_07_47_47-0945.thumb.jpg.9938f829c7b116cf33cade9488a2b8a0.jpg

Just one more directive (secondary hits) in this second set and I'm back to earning EXP for the next 19 pointer.......  I think that will be the Flint.  @S16_Hunter - you sold the Ibuki????  (sigh.........)

Edited by Asym_KS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,140
[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,011 battles

Been playing the Jean Bart.  Because of the short matches in coop, it is hard to put up big numbers with those small(er) guns at TIX-X.  Have to look at leveraging the MBRB earlier.

Thing prints silver though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,851 posts
16,116 battles

Have been grinding LeFantasque for awhile, finally got over the hump (thank you 200% first win week), and bought the Mogador.  Played a couple of matches - will see how long the slough to tier 10 takes.

Also, regrinding US BBs to get the double points, so played 9 randoms this weekend in the NC.   Was up-tiered to 10 games for 6 of them, and also got on some baddddd teams.  Hard to carry in a tier 8 BB, in tier 10 games when a third of you team is dead in the first two minutes.  Finally finished, and bought Iowa, and spent 100k free exp to upgrade the hulls and engine (really annoying how much it is for the Iowa).  Still have 240k experience to go to finish the regrind.

Had the ecstasy and agony experience with Ranked sprint.... first 5 matches, all wins (I’m a god), next 5 matches all loses (what the blank..).  Good times

Edited by Panzer1113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
586
[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Been playing the Jean Bart.  Because of the short matches in coop, it is hard to put up big numbers with those small(er) guns at TIX-X.  Have to look at leveraging the MBRB earlier.

Thing prints silver though.

Nearly got the coal for JB though I'm not good with da big guns. Contemplating that or Thunderer.

Which would you recommend? I could always remain in the Smol torching everything on the little seas of course.

Did anyone get lucky with Sam containers? They failed me so I had to purchase Ark Royal the good ol' fashioned way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,994
[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,551 posts
4,550 battles
4 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Still need to collect flakes for tiers 5, 6, and 7

Same here.  But each flake below T8 is only worth a camo.  I'm more concentrating on grinding non-Elite ships with the +200% boost. 

I'm surprised at how well I'm doing in DDs since I don't consider myself competent in them. 

I'm completely ignoring Directives.  If they happen they happen.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,140
[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,011 battles
24 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Nearly got the coal for JB though I'm not good with da big guns. Contemplating that or Thunderer.

Which would you recommend? I could always remain in the Smol torching everything on the little seas of course.

Did anyone get lucky with Sam containers? They failed me so I had to purchase Ark Royal the good ol' fashioned way.

Its a good ship, and I have gotten good numbers on it when I've had time.  It just has a lot of games where it ends too fast for a BB to contribute in coop.  That likely wouldn't change in the Thunderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×