TheURLGuy

Public Test: Autumn Season

41 comments in this topic

[_-_]
Members
2,642 posts
7,567 battles
12 minutes ago, TheURLGuy said:

Join the Public Tests for new Updates—complete additional missions and obtain rewards!

Read it on the portal

I'll be on PT as always. Nice to see improved rewards. Hopefully this will stimulate more participation.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,107 posts
12,040 battles
4 minutes ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

So how do we participate?  I do not see a link or instructions.

Won't start until the PTS for the next update ...

op.jpg

[DPG]
Supertester
545 posts
13,231 battles

Good stuff - The test server population was getting painfully low, hope this helps ! 

[AFW-]
Members
119 posts
6,278 battles

This has some interest for me but the amount of time on the test server for useless emblems and a maybe containers for time heavy participation for finishing them(if you finish them). Also Clan anything doesn't work on the PTS. You want more participation for the time spent not grinding our regular accounts, give us bonus credits and XP toward the ships played on the PTS. That's right I want to be paid credits and XP if you want any significant time spent on the PTS, otherwise just be happy you get 1-2 hours of my time  on it and get skewed results from limited participation by those die hard PTS players that are there to play because they don't have access to some of the high tier ship on their main account. 

• Cool 6

[SOFOP]
Members
1,589 posts
10,575 battles

As the poster above said, anyone who is grinding lines or missions, really isn't going to be inclined to join PTS for emblems, which are largely useless for anyone but collectors.  The fre T6 is nice, but 1 free T6 every couple months isn't really an awesome reward (its a start).

So long as WG only provides a minor incentive to play PTS, they are only going to get a minor portion of the playerbase attending.

• Cool 2

[AFW-]
Members
119 posts
6,278 battles

Co-op and Potato Heavy. Don't get me wrong, I love eating Potatoes!

Edited by dabears494
  • Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
584 posts
15,507 battles
41 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

As the poster above said, anyone who is grinding lines or missions, really isn't going to be inclined to join PTS for emblems, which are largely useless for anyone but collectors.  The fre T6 is nice, but 1 free T6 every couple months isn't really an awesome reward (its a start).

So long as WG only provides a minor incentive to play PTS, they are only going to get a minor portion of the playerbase attending.

not to mention that after a while, everyone who takes part will end up with all the T6 ships available in the container, so after a while it might become a good idea to offer a T7 premium ship container. 

• Cool 1

[PRNA]
Members
5 posts
14,524 battles

As one of the other posters said, the population on the PTS was painfully low.  Tried to play a number of times, and there simply weren't enough people on the server to get battles.  let the battle timer run for several minutes and either got nothing, or a couple of times got a 3v3 or something like that.  even ended up with a 1v1 a couple of times.  

Not sure what you can do about it, but its a problem.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,890 posts
3,332 battles

Honestly I did the summer season, and I'm glad I did, but even with the reward bait offered at the time, even on the first weekend of the PTS update, finding matches was slow and painful. That's just randoms. I can't imagine trying ranked or clan there.

• Cool 1

[TIRP]
Members
211 posts
24,665 battles

The problem I have had in completing some of the missions that are required to be done in random matches and some rank is do to the lack of players. Players get tired waiting when it takes more than 5 minutes.

I know I will be still pink because of server crashing several times in a roll trying to get in a random match.

Edited by Silvercoins

[GHOST]
Members
22 posts
2,932 battles

WG needs to find a way to bring more player participation to the Public Test Server so we can give a better evaluation of the updates. This way we don't get bugs that should have been found before updating the main server, and then have to rush a patch for it..

[NCUS]
Members
43 posts
573 battles

Test server to me is a waste of time with very little rewards. A real test server should include ALL ships. This includes any new ships that going to be brought in so that opinions with be from the whole player base and not just the super testers. Going over there and just running ships that you already have with a few changes is nothing more than a waste of time IMO.

[CRF]
Members
458 posts
6,711 battles

The problem, as stated by several earlier posters, is the time involved in getting through the grind of the Summer Missions.  With the low population on the PTS, time to get into anything other that co-op play is just too long.  When you are looking at trying to WIN (not just play) 15 games per session in anything but co-op play, you are looking at basically spending two or three whole days on the PTS, and ignoring anything going on on the live server. There was just too much going on on the live server to ignore it for three days, so I don't really see where improving the rewards incrementally like they have for the fall sessions is going to improve that very much.

Edited by sonoasailor

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
7,070 battles

I would offer Coal/Steel for rewards. Patches are fine for people that collect things or play Pokemon. 

A Tier 6 is nice, but eveyr few months makes it sort of "blah". Resources are the one thing anybody can make use of. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,890 posts
3,332 battles
1 hour ago, CaptLongline said:

A real test server should include ALL ships. This includes any new ships that going to be brought in so that opinions with be from the whole player base and not just the super testers. Going over there and just running ships that you already have with a few changes is nothing more than a waste of time IMO.

Wow, that sounds a lot like... the public test server. :cap_hmm:

My understanding is that changes work through internal testing, then super tester, then public test, then live. All new ships for the update being tested are included. Ones that are upcoming may sit in super testing for a while, but once it's slated for a specific release, it'll go into the PTS for that release.

[CRF]
Members
458 posts
6,711 battles
50 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Wow, that sounds a lot like... the public test server. :cap_hmm:

My understanding is that changes work through internal testing, then super tester, then public test, then live. All new ships for the update being tested are included. Ones that are upcoming may sit in super testing for a while, but once it's slated for a specific release, it'll go into the PTS for that release.

I don't think the Premium Ships show up on the PTS, and some of the others also bypass the PTS on their way to the live server.  not sure of the logic of their path...

[CWM]
Members
1 post
11,112 battles

Why participate if they do not pay out the rewards promised?

In February I spent at least 8 hours on the test server testing CVs. Although I received my flags I on the live server, I never received my premium time. I spent more time with player non-support on this issue then I spent on the test server.

I swore I would never play on the test server again. Last month I feel for the same old story. Do all of this playing without moving your live account forward and you will receive these cool rewards. Well again I did complete all of the missions assigned, but did I ever receive the two containers with premium time in them? NO!  Did I receive the flags I was promised? No! 

So what is the point of playing on the test server? For me I guess at least I can try out ships I will own someday or I could just grind on the live server and get there sooner.

Members
71 posts
2,910 battles

I do try to join but when can you make this happen and I can open the link and I can be apart of this.  I am in game and I am with the VI ships and over the limit of ranked battle becuase of other players that make its harder to get close to win, I am also trying to get in the clan battle as well, but the fun is not fun as I try to get close to a win, or get pink over the server crashes,

Я пытаюсь присоединиться, но когда вы можете сделать это, я могу открыть ссылку, и я могу быть вне этого. Я нахожусь в игре, и я нахожусь с кораблями VI и за пределом рангового сражения, потому что другие игроки затрудняют приближение к победе, я также пытаюсь попасть в клановое сражение, но самое интересное - это не весело, когда я пытаюсь :cap_fainting:приблизиться к победе или стать розовым из-за сбоев сервера,

20190805144058_2.jpg

Edited by Katakoyzenos1012