Sign in to follow this  
waterman165

Iron Duke

6 comments in this topic

[-OF-]
Members
61 posts
3,510 battles

Holy crapI hate this thing. The turrets are painfully slow, the thing itself is slow,(though alot of BBs at TV are slow), AP is meh, HE has good fire chance but isn't that good at doing damage and I don't know what's happening but the guns can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn from the inside. Now I'm no marksman in WOWS by any standards BUT of all the other tier V BBs I've played, in this one I can't seem to hit crap. Is their any  ANY tips that from people who like or do well in this thing that can help me not Lose to tier VI and prey that can teammate can carry me? Gosh, this probably the only ship I can say that I genuinely despise the gameplay off and am looking forward to the day I can scrap her.

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,406 battles

Iron Duke was terrible, did very little damage in her when I had it. I pretty much free xp past the Iron Duke after a couple matches. 

Guest thefed56
0 posts

It's the perfect BB for the idle battleship player. It's meant to sit back, nice and slow, and deal long range he spam. Forget sticking with your cruisers, it's more about sticking with your carriers 😂 (not quite, but you get the idea). It can recover from flooding and fire damage pretty well, so it's good for brawling with cruisers at longer ranges (and over confident bb's), and dealing with the effects of planes, even if it does lack some torpedo protection and aa.

And pop your spotter plane up to take some players by surprise when they approach at the beginning.

Do that, and you end up with some pretty decent numbers. Regularly in excess of 40 and 50 k, often upto 100k in a good match

Members
111 posts
2,898 battles

I found it to be awful and unrewarding. I have not sold it yet, but it is on the short list.  It's the worst of the Russian, Japanese, American, German, and French tier 5 BBs, by any measure that matters - I have tried them all. I'm amazed that this is the same tier as the Kongo.  Kongo beats it like a bad pony.

Edited by Tigerspook

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this