You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoatyMcButtHurt

Tips for Henri?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
968 battles

I got the ship a few days ago, I've played around 15 games in it and I can't help but feel like either the ship itself isn't very good, Or i'm just really bad a playing it? I'm not a very good player overall but after a number of games in a ship I can usually manage some pretty decent damage numbers.  The Henri has me kind of stumped. It feels like a citadel magnet, and that if your team isn't playing aggressively the ship doesn't have much to do? I really don't know what to make of it.  Does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

Edited by Lhostatic

[KSD]
Members
76 posts
7,232 battles

Go fast

Set fires

Eat [edited]

Henri requires either a very aggressive, or a very passive sort of farming play style.

Your main asset is your speed, which you can use two ways.

Dodge-tanking damage

and

Re-positioning to get broadsides

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,105 posts

Second poster has it almost correct from my point of view, would add:

Buy Engine Boost Mod 1 from the Armory - and install in Slot 2.  Have some fun chasing down DD's.

You can also use the great guns similar to Moskva, just remember that you do not have the tanking ability that it does.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles

It's an open-water cruiser, no island humping. Spam HE at max range, and never stop WASDing.  Increase and decrease your speed constantly with engine boost, while also wiggling around.  Learn when to pop reload booster for max effect.  Watch some CC videos on it. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
26,874 posts
14,333 battles

don't be at the heart of the battle or the 1st one spotted in early or mid game move your ship lots and lots at the back spamming HE, late game start hunting things down be it DDs or get on the broadside of capital ships and AP them to death with MBRB make sure these wounded targets have little to no support when you flank them.

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

In the early game stay at range using HE. Run IFHE to maximize your damage against ships like Stalingrad. As the game progresses push forward with your speed to take enemies broadsides. Use main battery reload booster to either start fires after the enemy DCPs one or to wreck broadsides with rapid citadels. Dont be afraid to to use AP a lot. 

Edited by Skuggsja

[SCREW]
Members
656 posts
7,156 battles

Use your speed to dictate range and chose your fights, throw that over-sized HE at things and watch them burn... Just about all there is to it.