You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
12th_thirstytom

to world of warship creators

10 comments in this topic

[NORUN]
Members
43 posts
12,681 battles

You have a beautiful game, for the most part, plays good and looks really good and I like where the game is going. However, the people that play your game are out for themselves and are not team players. To make this game work you need to reward heavily good team play to encourage players to play the way they should anyway. I have played this game since the beginning and have never seen it so bad. I do not play ranked at all anymore for fear I'll damage my computer out of frustration, and pubbing is only bearable. The only solace is clan-based play. Please fix this as you are the only ones that can!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[H_]
Members
2,884 posts
13,246 battles

A vast majority of the game isn't a "team game".  Only Clans are teams.   The rest are voluntary "cooperative" FPS modes....   FPS modes.  I earn what I earn and there is no in game mechanics that can changes that.  The only mechanic is if your team wins.  And that, can be mostly luck of the MM !!!  There are no skill metrics in this game's MM.  Just ship choices.

So, to "reward team behaviors", you'd need "contributory metrics" that don't exist.  Combat Effectiveness (CE) systems are being developed and I have used them in demo's but, this game would be hard pressed to use them....  And, even if they could technically (which I seriously doubt), CE's would screw up the game to the point no one would play it....  So, we live with a wonky MM and pseudo team's of individuals......... 

This is an arcade shooter: we really don't need more than we have......

[-BRS-]
Members
1,261 posts
6,187 battles

If you focus on the play of others, you will never improve.  I think it's like a defense mechanism that affects everyone at some point.  I am not that great of a player, but I try to focus on what is in my power to improve.  Also div's can help a lot. 

[SCREW]
Members
656 posts
7,145 battles

Figure out how this can be your fault.... because if you're the problem you can also be the solution.... if everyone else is the problem, you're screwed and there's no hope.

[NORUN]
Members
43 posts
12,681 battles

this is all so expected from you all. to say that all of this is solo play is a crock and each of you know this. I should of known better and maybe each one of you is the problem!

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,601 battles

A random battle 12 is twelve players, any one of which could range from one of the best in the game to someone who can barely find his mouse button.  The best players already know how to do their part to try and get the win for the team, they don't need the rewards to be structured any different.  The people on the other end?  There's no helping them.  No reward will change that.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,014 posts
8,024 battles
15 hours ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

To make this game work you need to reward heavily good team play to encourage players to play the way they should anyway

that is what WG is doing with the available measurable data. points are awarded for spotting, capping, damaging, sinking the reds and WINNING. How about you tell us about a viable measure which wg is missing... ?

8 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

The best players already know how to do their part to try and get the win for the team, they don't need the rewards to be structured any different.  The people on the other end?  There's no helping them.  No reward will change that.

you can lead a horse to water... but... even when the rewards system is published (wiki, and Video), i find it interesting people will intentionally avoid them. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,537 posts
23,511 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

A random battle 12 is twelve players, any one of which could range from one of the best in the game to someone who can barely find his mouse button.  The best players already know how to do their part to try and get the win for the team, they don't need the rewards to be structured any different.  The people on the other end?  There's no helping them.  No reward will change that.

Random is usually 1 vs 23 (if you don’t div).

Both NA and EU have a huge number of 35+ players, that spend a good amount of money but have only a limited time to play. Some just want to drive around with their boats and shot other boats. 

This is a big difference to many other games, were you have hyperactive kiddies (with terrible behavior).

So, your chances of getting a all pro team outside of clan battles, is small. Making rules harsher for randoms/ranked will remove parts of a very important segment for WG from the game. 

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,601 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

Both NA and EU have a huge number of 35+ players, that spend a good amount of money but have only a limited time to play.

I'm feeling personally attacked right now.  I will find you and kick your butt.  Not now, I have to work.  After 9, that's when I put my kids to bed.  But not on Tuesday, I'm busy then.  How does Wednesday between 9:45 and 10:15 sound?

• Funny 3

[XBRTC]
Members
2,987 posts
9,666 battles
8 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I'm feeling personally attacked right now.  I will find you and kick your butt.  Not now, I have to work.  After 9, that's when I put my kids to bed.  But not on Tuesday, I'm busy then.  How does Wednesday between 9:45 and 10:15 sound?

I feel personally attacked by this wholesome and relatable content.