TheURLGuy

King of the Sea IX Tournament – Sign-Up Now!

26 comments in this topic

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
1,088 posts
17,546 battles
2 hours ago, DoubleDog2 said:

More [edited] that leaves out the average to  poor clan

How so? Any clan can sign up as long as they can field 9 players.

[KSE]
Privateers
306 posts
11,102 battles
14 hours ago, mumphred said:

How did these go last time?

King of the Sea 8 had 50 teams on NA. We're hoping for 60 this time around! 

And to the general idea: yes, any team can sign up. The expanded prize pool will even allow teams that don't make Day 2 to get some doubloons for their trouble. IIRC correctly, there were teams that barely made Storm in CBs get through to Day 2 in KotS 8, so just give it a whirl anyway! 

[WGA]
Administrator
206 posts
284 battles

King of the Sea 8 was focused on EU vs CIS:  https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/kots-viii-results/

NA winner was PWP: https://www.toornament.com/en_GB/tournaments/2249090541501669376/stages/

Better to compare with King of the Sea 7, which was also about NA vs EU: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/kots-vii-results/

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,900 posts
10,518 battles

We always are looking at getting new teams to join, its fun to play with teams that know what they are doing and most clans that have been doing this for sometime will help out newer clans get a hang of stuff if needed.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
On 9/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, DoubleDog2 said:

More [edited] that leaves out the average to  poor clan

Hey DoubleDog2,

How does this leave out clans? We highly encourage clans to participate in King of the Sea or any other tournament that is announced. This is a great way to play against teams that have competitive experience and learn from them. This is also a good way for you (your clan) to take part in a tournament that has some truly amazing games take place. Again, I highly encourage you to participate with your clan if you can field a team!

On 9/23/2019 at 6:45 PM, ReyWayvonRichthof said:

I think this is great for encouraging clans to assemble bigger and better teams.

Keep at it

Hey ReyWayvonRichthof,

This is part of the joy of a tournament like King of the Sea, it allows for clans to play with a larger roster and in a different environment than Ranked or Clan Battles. 

On 9/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, Shigure_DD said:

We always are looking at getting new teams to join, its fun to play with teams that know what they are doing and most clans that have been doing this for sometime will help out newer clans get a hang of stuff if needed.

Great point Shigure_DD, the goal is to grow competitive and get more clans/players involved so these tournaments continue to increase in size! There are plenty of teams that have been participating since the early stages dating back to Supremacy League that still do King of the Sea today. Thanks for pointing out that experienced clans are willing to help out newer clans to the competitive scene. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,799 posts
13,839 battles

hmm

that a cool event, i never had the chance to participate

go go clans! :P

[KSE]
Privateers
306 posts
11,102 battles
9 hours ago, Timmmaaay said:

It says what days and what time but does anyone know how long on each day?

Day 1  (Sunday) should go for ~4 hours give or take a bit

Day 2 (Next Saturday)  will depend, but probably also ~4 hours  

Day 3 (Next Sunday)  will probably go for 5-6 hours

Finals Weekend will be around 4 hour casts 

[KSE]
Privateers
306 posts
11,102 battles

Since I don't really have a good place other than here to put this:

Reminder to all interested teams,  your registration will NOT be approved until you're on the *global * KotS Discord. There's a registration code there youI'll need to submit to get your registration approved.  All currently approved teams can be found On Toornament , which is updated each night.   Feel free to contact me with any questions. 

[BWN]
Members
12 posts
10,639 battles

What is the passcode listed in the #Announcements_NA channel in the Discord? (If you can't find it, check the pinned messages by clicking the thumbtack in the corner) *

I can't find this. Any help?

[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
15,766 battles

HI, registered my team TIAR. How do I check if it correctly registered? Do I have to register all the team members? If so, how? TIA

[TBW]
Members
1 post
815 battles

Your clan is small and never has 9 players on at same time,  It says open to all players BUT we wont let all players sign up you have to have 9 players  to sign up.    They are basically saying we are only allowing the top clans to play,  the rest of y'all  are SOL.    Wargamming speaks about Community  but does the complete opposite to only benefit the stronger clans.  I just give up looking at these as I can never join,  want to be cant due to limits

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
1 hour ago, supermadcat said:

Your clan is small and never has 9 players on at same time,  It says open to all players BUT we wont let all players sign up you have to have 9 players  to sign up.    They are basically saying we are only allowing the top clans to play,  the rest of y'all  are SOL.    Wargamming speaks about Community  but does the complete opposite to only benefit the stronger clans.  I just give up looking at these as I can never join,  want to be cant due to limits

Hey supermadcat,

This is a third party tournament that is supported by WG. The tournament organizers set the rules and qualifications to participate. My suggestion to you, if you want to participate in a tournament like this is find a clan that is more active, recruit more people to your clan to begin participating or look to be play in the Shipstorm (3v3 format) tournament that occurs at a different time than King of the Sea. 

2 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

HI, registered my team TIAR. How do I check if it correctly registered? Do I have to register all the team members? If so, how? TIA

Hey barbaroja_AR,

Are you on the official Kots discord? This is the best place to get answers to your questions regarding sign-ups =).

Members
485 posts
12,801 battles
2 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

You can check the Toornament website to see if your team is listed.

You need to sign up every player, yes. You can find the link on the KoTS Discord. 

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,900 posts
10,518 battles
1 hour ago, supermadcat said:

Its not for clans its for teams you see teams playing all the time that have people on them from more then one clan, I am in CUTE but I played on the team that was mostly made of people from DAKI. If you really want to play join the discord and see if anyone is looking for players.

[BWN]
Members
22 posts
1,841 battles

I wish I could be in the event but I have not been in the way of rules becuase I see you need more people to be in the events and the missing submarines, is it something wrong??

Members
687 posts
8,432 battles

I, for one, really enjoy watching KOTS.  I don't usually like to watch video games but KOTS is different.  Something unexpect4ed always happens.    Underdogs taking on the juggernauts, crazy come backs and blow outs.  And the streamers I have seen all do great jobs.  I really get a kick out of Rapto's little openings and  play by play commentary with Zath..  I didn't see Flanu or Flambass on the streamer list which is a little disappointing  but round 1 was a lot of fun never the less.

[KSE]
Privateers
306 posts
11,102 battles
On 10/6/2019 at 7:05 PM, Katakoyzenos said:

Submarines???

Not yet. Maybe someday, we'll see how things go. 

11 hours ago, Malamute_Kid said:

I, for one, really enjoy watching KOTS.  I don't usually like to watch video games but KOTS is different.  Something unexpect4ed always happens.    Underdogs taking on the juggernauts, crazy come backs and blow outs.  And the streamers I have seen all do great jobs.  I really get a kick out of Rapto's little openings and  play by play commentary with Zath..  I didn't see Flanu or Flambass on the streamer list which is a little disappointing  but round 1 was a lot of fun never the less.

Good to hear!  Flamuu and Flambass both stream the EU portion of the event earlier in the day. Check out the EU portal for more info on their side of things. 

• Confused 1

[LOSC]
Members
468 posts

Where are the Results listed on the forums?

I know the Finals are next week but you would think more would be posted on the Forums.

• Funny 1