You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

Depth charges need to be manual + Diff kinds..

59 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles

It's the same interplay every ship has, submarines need to have the same. Destroyers shouldn't just be a "I'm in a range, free kill" and literally ignoring everything else about the submarines besides driving into the circle like a cap and getting free damage and free kills.

Submarines should have a chance to outplay the destroyers, especially if the submarine limit is going to be 1-2 per team, yet each team can have up to 4 destroyers each.

Low tier destroyers especially, or the ones that had it, should have depth charges that drop of f the back, nothing more, nothing less.. destroyers can turn tightly, and still lay a carpet of high AOE, depth charges in a tight area. Other nations, or special destroyers have the ones that are launched to the side, but all of them should be by the players decision of when to drop them, and their AOE explosion radius be nerfed slightly.. *I said slightly, don't go REEEEEE and act like I said they should be nerfed by a huge margin.... cuz I know how the forums are...

Edit: Forgot to put which others have suggested, that doing it manually they could easily add it to cruisers as well and it not being overpowered or too tilted against submarines.

• Cool 9

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,005 battles
17 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

submarines need to have the same.

Yes ASW must be manual just as main guns and torps are.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles

The multi tasking for DD's has drastically increased with the addition of subs. This would make it even worse.

• Boring 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The multi tasking for DD's has drastically increased with the addition of subs. This would make it even worse.

That's not an argument, you're not doing more than 1 thing. If you're focusing on hunting a sub, you're not also spotting, capping, avoiding incoming fire, and tons of stuff all at the same time.. You're just hunting a submarine and choosing when to shoot your depth charges... That's it..

Adding in the manual fire though, they can give depth charges to cruisers who had it, or even all of them, allowing destroyers to not be the only ones...

That being said, you're right destroyers are too overpowered.. They can do too many things like you said, and they are expected too because of it. A good healthy nerf to destroyers is needed. but that's a diff topic.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
Just now, Lady_Athena said:

That's not an argument, you're not doing more than 1 thing. If you're focusing on hunting a sub, you're not also spotting, capping, avoiding incoming fire, and tons of stuff all at the same time.. You're just hunting a submarine and choosing when to shoot your depth charges... That's it..

Have you tried to hunt a sub when you are spotted?

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles
5 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

That's not an argument, you're not doing more than 1 thing.

Just wait until your time to test subs will come... Devs have noted this and well its not a good idea...

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles
21 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just wait until your time to test subs will come... Devs have noted this and well its not a good idea...

SOrry can you clarify exactly what you mean.

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles
1 minute ago, Lady_Athena said:

SOrry can you clarify exactly what you mean.

People who have  tested ASW from DEVs to CCs have a different position then you...

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

People who have  tested ASW from DEVs to CCs have a different position then you...

Really? Because everyone I watch says the automated depth charges are broken and they don't like it. It's too easy, and too auto win.

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles
Just now, Lady_Athena said:

Really? Because everyone I watch says the automated depth charges are broken and they don't like it. It's too easy, and too auto win.

Its testing,

SO far from what I've seen, no one is requesting a manual system... Yes the current auto system is not perfect, again its testing... ATM Devs and CCs are united in the automatic system with adjustment..

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,799 posts
13,839 battles

wg dont belive players have enough brain to click, just see what they did with cvs.

[NSEW]
Members
1,532 posts
9,711 battles

I really think the cruisers that already have depth charges modelled on already should be able to hunt them too. Just putting it out there.

• Cool 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Its testing,

SO far from what I've seen, no one is requesting a manual system... Yes the current auto system is not perfect, again its testing... ATM Devs and CCs are united in the automatic system with adjustment..

Right its testing.. Are you so much a sheep that even suggestions during testing is a no go for you because no high elo twitch streamer, or youtuber has suggested it yet bringing all their followers to bare on it and support it?

Geez dude, try to open your mind up my man..

• Boring 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,532 posts
9,711 battles
3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

wg dont belive players have enough brain to click, just see what they did with cvs.

If that is their thinking process. This game is doomed, in time.  Well, for the die hard players that know (and enjoy) all the finite details of the ships hulls, shell behaviours, to attain the optimal strike capabilities, etc, etc.

Just as a proof. I still encounter players that has no idea about the smoke changes that occurred months ago.  "When did this happen?" is the usual response.

Edited by LowSpeed_US

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles
1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

If that is their thinking process. This game is doomed, in time.  Well, for the die hard players that know (and enjoy) all the finite details of the ships hulls, shell behaviours, to attain the optimal strike capabilities, etc, etc.

It's why I've already stopped playing the game religiously since season 2.

Its fun in short bursts, but that's it. The game has become a brain dead derp fest throughout every class and ship type.

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles
8 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Are you so much a sheep that even suggestions during testing is a no go for you because no high elo twitch streamer, or youtuber has suggested it yet bringing all their followers to bare on it and support it?

My Lady, I dont think you've been paying attention to how things work...

Trust me. Manual system is not even considered.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
809 posts
2,768 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

My Lady, I dont think you've been paying attention to how things work...

Trust me. Manual system is not even considered.

I disagree, I think it should be.

[RKLES]
Members
10,759 posts
12,383 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yes ASW must be manual just as main guns and torps are.

I 100% agree both from the viewpoint of sub players and those of surface ships. Both sides need the benefits of manually controlled Depth Charges.

[5D]
Members
3,013 posts
19,132 battles

I love that the OP has never played a DD at T9 & T10 and barely at T8 but is talking like they are an expert on the topic of how much DDs do or don't have on their plate at any one time in a match. It priceless!!

Edited by lochlan_
language
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,566 posts
10,001 battles
24 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Right its testing.. Are you so much a sheep that even suggestions during testing is a no go for you because no high elo twitch streamer, or youtuber has suggested it yet bringing all their followers to bare on it and support it?

Geez dude, try to open your mind up my man..

Have you played subs on the test server?     I ask, because it's not as drastic as you're suggesting.   It's simply a balance.   It's similar to a DD rushing into a cap blind, then getting spotted, and then having half the red team opening up on them.    There needs to be a little caution in the game play (unless YOLO is one's style of play).

I've been playing on the test server, and am not the Twitch streamer or remotely close to unicum.     Here's my experience so far:

In a Sub, don't be like the DD rushing into a cap.  You see a DD, and unless you're really good, you tend to stay away.    Now, if you have your team at your six, then yes, you could bait the DD by letting him see you and make a bee-line.  The problem is that he's exposed trying to get to you, and your team will send him sinking.... fast.      You don't tend to 1v1 with the DD in your vicinity, as he'll home in and auto-drop depth charges.

In a DD, you now have the role of sub sinker.   What's bad is when he'll spot you and you start taking fire.  So, you smoke up.   A good sub driver will continue towards you to bait you out of the smoke.    Yes, you'll see the sub location circle in the water.   All you have to do is go out in the open to reach it and drop the charges.    While taking fire.    A sub with support is pretty safe from DDs.

But, if you catch a sub out in the open, yes, you'll catch him quick, drop the charges and move on.

Currently, while DD depth charges hurt, it's quite easy not to get too close to them.    It does get a bit harder when they're guarding the caps.   Best you can do is hover around 6/7km and hope you can spot them.

[SBS]
Members
4,799 posts
2,408 battles

I haven't drawn any conclusion on this topic because I haven't gotten a chance to play it myself.  I can see both sides of the argument being pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, Lady_Athena said:

I don't know about that.  Who's to say when a sub will pop up and you have to deal with it.  You could very well be in the middle of anything, like dealing with incoming fire.  I know I won't stop shooting at the enemy DD just because it's has after my team's sub.

1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I really think the cruisers that already have depth charges modelled on already should be able to hunt them too. Just putting it out there.

What if that isn't balanced?  Do you think DDs that are inherently more able to hunt subs should have their ASW capabilities nerfed so cruisers can have depth charges?

[BEWBS]
Members
173 posts
20 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I don't want every DD to be equal at killing Submarines.

I want a ASW stat, just like AA, that takes into consideration [loosely] real life ASW capabilities 

And I want special weapons on DDs, not just depth charges. I do think it's pretty obvious that WG will add other ASW weapons eooner than later. How else will they sell us ASW specialized premiums...?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles
2 hours ago, Lady_Athena said:

If you're focusing on hunting a sub, you're not also spotting, capping, avoiding incoming fire, and tons of stuff all at the same time..

Balderdash and folderol! In a DD you are ALWAYS spotting, and avoiding incoming fire. Capping is now such a situational issue that it requires almost undivided attention, and the "tons of other stuff" required of DDs goes on regardless of whatever else is happening. To say that a DD can stop everything else it is doing and "Just hunt a submarine" is sheer lunacy.

That being said, you're right destroyers are too overpowered..

That must be why they die so much quicker than every other type of ship. This statement is so foolish as to be either great comedy or purposeful trolling.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,615 battles

I think everyone can stop reading after the above post.  This person has no clue and this statement is just silly.

Manual ASW would be as silly as manual AA.  There is only so much a person can focus on at a time.