You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
frost1977

How do you get CV Enterprise?

64 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

It was removed from the shop. 

Odds are it will end up in the XMAS crates, hoping to entice more gamblers.

[-TXT-]
Members
316 posts
5,343 battles

Rotating shop inventories is a normal thing to heighten the "buy now, don't regret later" mentality.

It'll be purchasable for cash again at some point.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,776 posts
9,545 battles

Until recently she was in the shop for regular purchase, then was pulled for (presumably) being really OP.  Since it seems like they didn't want Enterprises flooding the queue like then they announced the Kamikaze was being pulled for being OP, they did is quietly and took everyone by surprise.  Either that or they just wanted to create artificial scarcity so build up hype for the next time they rotate her back into the store.

If she WAS pulled because she was OP however, the odds that she makes a return are not looking very good.  WG has very limited options for nerfing a paid ship, for better or for worse, and currently the only way they make changes is with broad mechanics changes.  For example, the AA rework that just landed allowed them to effectively nerf all ship's AA power relative to CV plane HP.  Since it wasn't targeted at a since ship, and the old system itself ceased to exist, they can claim it's neither a nerf nor a buff - just a change.

However, right now the CV nerf-buff pendulum is on the buff side of things, so it's unlikely any changes made at this moment would allow them to reign in Enterprise without equally buffing the other CVs.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,664 posts
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Rotating shop inventories is a normal thing to heighten the "buy now, don't regret later" mentality.

It'll be purchasable for cash again at some point.

WG said they removed it because it is over performing.  Dunno if it will return or not.

[-TXT-]
Members
316 posts
5,343 battles
14 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

WG said they removed it because it is over performing.  Dunno if it will return or not.

Odd.  Well, if that was their reasoning, I'm sure they'll tweak the numbers and put it back out.  Tier 8 CVs aren't cheap.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,592 posts
10,806 battles
2 hours ago, frost1977 said:

I've seen it in  a few games???

i assume its a premium ship but i haven't been able to find anything on it?

It's 'overperforming' at the moment after the 8.7 changes, so could always come back once they actually finalize CV balance on some meaningful level.

Cause y'know - premium CV's should have never been sold till that was done.

[RLGN]
Members
12,037 posts
21,571 battles
35 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

WG said they removed it because it is over performing.

Sure; if you got top tier or even tier games; unlike myself, who generally seemed to get only bottom tier games in it.

[A-D-F]
5,664 posts
27 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Odd.  Well, if that was their reasoning, I'm sure they'll tweak the numbers and put it back out.  Tier 8 CVs aren't cheap.

Not saying they haven't in the past, because they have, but WG is less likely to adjust "for money" premium ships than they are others.

They have both made adjustments to or just removed from further sale forever, "OP" premium ships.  Not sure what their plan is with the big E.

[_-_]
Members
2,642 posts
7,567 battles
2 hours ago, Kenjister said:

If she WAS pulled because she was OP however, the odds that she makes a return are not looking very good.  WG has very limited options for nerfing a paid ship, for better or for worse, and currently the only way they make changes is with broad mechanics changes.  For example, the AA rework that just landed allowed them to effectively nerf all ship's AA power relative to CV plane HP.  Since it wasn't targeted at a since ship, and the old system itself ceased to exist, they can claim it's neither a nerf nor a buff - just a change.

There also the option of using the artwork to pop out a clone if the original won't be re-released. We could see Yorktown or Hornet (with B-25's that can't return! :Smile_teethhappy:) much like Lazo and Irian are just politically-correct Kutuzov's.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
5,664 posts
17 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

It's 'overperforming' at the moment after the 8.7 changes, so could always come back once they actually finalize CV balance on some meaningful level.

Cause y'know - premium CV's should have never been sold till that was done.

If they hadn't sold them when they did, we might be here right now, 9 months later and still not have them.  They told us when they sold them that CVs were in a state of change and they could be changed.  They came with that warning.  If the player was ok with it, great.  If not, probably not a good idea to buy.

In a separate thread a week or so ago, a dev said that they are hoping what we have now is the last major change to AA.  In the reddit AMA, sub_octavian also said that the focus of development has shifted from CVs to subs.

WG hasn't actually said that the rework is "done", but I don't know if they ever will.  One could read between the lines of the above two pieces of information and draw the conclusion that the rework is done, at least for a good while.

Again, WG hasn't said that it is, just a possibility that I have observed.

I own the big E and I want others to as well, I want it to come back to the shop.  There is the possibility though, that it will not.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,001 posts
9,125 battles
7 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

much like Lazo and Irian are just politically-correct Kutuzov's.

Irian is the Sverdlov-class like Kutuzov.  Lazo is a Chapayev-class.

135.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles

Enterprise is strong but it doesn't seem to be in the realm of 'OP' as other ships such as Belfast, Kami etc that were removed from sale.

Players can get bloody salty when they are attacked by it though. 

[_-_]
Members
2,642 posts
7,567 battles
7 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Irian is the Sverdlov-class like Kutuzov.  Lazo is a Chapayev-class.

135.png

I stand corrected, good lady. But to be fair...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WG-CC]
11,001 posts
9,125 battles
Just now, So_lt_Goes said:

I stand corrected, good lady. But to be fair...

Totally fair! :P

Members
3,936 posts
4,211 battles
12 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Enterprise is strong but it doesn't seem to be in the realm of 'OP' as other ships such as Belfast, Kami etc that were removed from sale.

Players can get bloody salty when they are attacked by it though. 

I'm salty the fighter coverage is so wide. What's the trade off? Do the RN fighters do more damage for how small their radius is?

[A-D-F]
5,664 posts
10 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I'm salty the fighter coverage is so wide. What's the trade off? Do the RN fighters do more damage for how small their radius is?

Generally, no.  One of the Enterprise's strengths is it's fighters.  If it drops it's fighter on another CV's fighters, more often than not the Enterprise is going to win.

On of it's weaknesses is that it's planes are slower than other CVs.

Members
3,936 posts
4,211 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Generally, no.  One of the Enterprise's strengths is it's fighters.  If it drops it's fighter on another CV's fighters, more often than not the Enterprise is going to win.

On of it's weaknesses is that it's planes are slower than other CVs.

59661914_10215887038382093_1876034099915784192_n.jpg.9922ab03b948736131993205a94510b5.jpg

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,776 posts
9,545 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

That's part of the reason people speculate she was pulled for being OP.  After the most recent set of CV changes, Enterprise largely had no weaknesses for any of her benefits.  Her major weaknesses - plane HP and speed, were largely offset by her insane plane regen.   Her rockets and TBs are solid at worst, and her DBs have amazing nuke potential.  On top of that she's the only CV that gets a fighter squad capable of stopping an attack cold.

[WG-CC]
11,001 posts
9,125 battles
3 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

That's part of the reason people speculate she was pulled for being OP.  After the most recent set of CV changes, Enterprise largely had no weaknesses for any of her benefits.  Her major weaknesses - plane HP and speed, were largely offset by her insane plane regen.   Her rockets and TBs are solid at worst, and her DBs have amazing nuke potential.  On top of that she's the only CV that gets a fighter squad capable of stopping an attack cold.

Yeah, Enterprise's early weakness at the new CV launch was the low speed of aircraft.  Enterprise's bombers and torpedo bombers struggled to make 170 knots while boosted while Shokaku's could make 200 knots easy and some CVs like Indomitable and Graf Zeppelin were pushing 250 to 260 knots.  By simple grace of these aircraft carriers having MUCH reduced travel times (never mind the benefits of reduced AA exposure with their higher speed), Enterprise was solid but not dominant.  The big nerf to aircraft boosted speeds undermined this balancing weakness Enterprise's air groups had.  So in effect, everyone else was nerfed more than Enterprise who remained largely unaffected.

So, she has good (enough) rockets, good (enough) torpedoes and AP bombs that can absolutely obliterate specific targets, enormous reserves and excellent summoned fighters with no appreciable weaknesses anymore other than individual aircraft fragility.  Even then, Enterprise's aircraft are still tougher than Shokaku, Kaga's or Graf Zeppelin's, so it's not like her aircraft are in the doghouse, HP wise, by any means.  AND she has the reserves / regeneration to more than make up for those losses.

[PVE]
Members
3,840 posts
22,029 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

They won't tweak the numbers on a premium...not if it results in the old ones & new ones having different values...what will probably happen is there will be a change in a game mechanic that will "balance" it out in the future & it might return that way but usually overpreforming ships once they are pulled Santa/super containers become the only way to get them.

Members
1,072 posts
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

So, she has good (enough) rockets, good (enough) torpedoes and AP bombs that can absolutely obliterate specific targets, enormous reserves and excellent summoned fighters with no appreciable weaknesses anymore other than individual aircraft fragility.  Even then, Enterprise's aircraft are still tougher than Shokaku, Kaga's or Graf Zeppelin's, so it's not like her aircraft are in the doghouse, HP wise, by any means.  AND she has the reserves / regeneration to more than make up for those losses.

It's not always a good thing to have a ship overperforming...but, I guess if one is going to be doing so, I'm happy that it's the Galloping Ghost.