You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

I suck at CVs... really suck...

9 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,467 posts
8,514 battles

and I don't even enjoy playing them but I saw the mission for Attack Plane damage and figured "What the heck".

Take a gander at this weekend team...

om1RuFy.jpg

Words fail me.

Edited by JCC45

Members
2,903 posts
10,731 battles

At least you were top tier. 

This falls into my tinfoil hat theory, if a team has a significant difference in clan players vs non clan players. The non clan team will lose around 90% of time. Takes off tinfoil hat

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,583 posts
23,606 battles

Was not on a CV. I had a battle with my Mass and did 175k damage, we sunk most of the ships, but...

4 ships camped at our spawn *to defend it*

3 died because they were stupid, including a Benson, that wanted to torp some radar cruisers from less then 6km. 

The 4th run instead of kept close, so he could spot.

We lost because they reset us capping with a DD, but we didn't see out cap to reset/kill them.

1250 base XP, more then the number one in the other team.

Most of my team were below 500, two BB, that stayed till the end, with 400.

Complete waste of time...

• Confused 1

[FML]
Members
3,170 posts
13,570 battles
37 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

and I don't even enjoy playing them but I saw the mission for Attack Plane damage and figured "What the heck".

Take a gander at this weekend team...

om1RuFy.jpg

Words fail me.

I dunno, can’t see anything out of the ordinary there. Looks like many of my teams...

[YORHA]
Members
4,467 posts
8,514 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I dunno, can’t see anything out of the ordinary there. Looks like many of my teams...

Sad but true.

[CNO]
Members
5,185 posts
16,305 battles

CVs are are capable of constant attrition as the game progresses, with the ability to finish off weak or damaged opponents as the game heads into mid to end game.  When a team gets rolled, there isn't time for the attrition to get felt, and no weak or damaged opponents to finish off...or if there are, it doesn't matter at that point any more.  The losing CV often comes out on top in these rolls for the simple fact the team gets rolled so fast, the CV is the only ship left to do damage as it fights a losing battle.

Note the opposing CV didn't lose many planes to non-CV ships.  Sometimes that's due to a CV captain that isn't aggressive enough.  Other times it's simply because the other ships on team finish 'em off before the CV can do much.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[NSEW]
Members
1,532 posts
9,722 battles
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

When a team gets rolled, there isn't time for the attrition to get felt, and no weak or damaged opponents to finish off...or if there are, it doesn't matter at that point any more.  The losing CV often comes out on top in these rolls for the simple fact the team gets rolled so fast, the CV is the only ship left to do damage as it fights a losing battle.

Truth! 

May I also add, that by that time. The CV's planes have been exhausted (not regenerating fast enough) to inflict sufficient damage to change(slow) the tide .

[RLGN]
Members
12,064 posts
21,629 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

lol

Except I tend to be a, ‘bit,’ further down, due to dislike of the new mechanics, and general lack of aggression using them.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,594 posts
10,811 battles

I had a team in my GK, where I set a personal damage record of 241k, got a kraken and a bunch of the other medals (even my first double strike in a while) that was trying REALLY hard to throw the match (when I got the double strike we had 0/4 points capped, and had the Saipan managed to kill me first he may have been able to run and hide for solo warrior). 

Problem is - this was Wednesday or Thursday I think. For all the talk I see of weekend teams - I wish I only got them on the weekends. These are the teams I have constantly.