You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fbrrhd

New ships "cost/currency"

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
915 posts
29,258 battles

It's not unprecedented for WOWS to announce the currency of ships coming soon. It would help all of us plan to know that in advanced.

Perhaps a given length of time before release (not in days but maybe a month in advance) so we could plan and budget which ships to save which currency to buy.

Just a thought WOWS!!

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
6 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

It's not unprecedented for WOWS to announce the currency of ships coming soon. It would help all of us plan to know that in advanced.

Perhaps a given length of time before release (not in days but maybe a month in advance) so we could plan and budget which ships to save which currency to buy.

Just a thought WOWS!!

WoWS does announce currency of ships before release.

They claim to do so as soon as they finalize it internally.

Currently, the currency for all WIP T9/T10 ships has not be announced yet.

Members
2,598 posts
7,417 battles
27 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

WoWS does announce currency of ships before release.

They claim to do so as soon as they finalize it internally.

Currently, the currency for all WIP T9/T10 ships has not be announced yet.

I think this is more likely referring to the two most recent freemiums added (Smolensk and Thunderer), both of which had their currencies confirmed less than a few days before release (and for thunderer, it wasn’t stated until it was actually released as a coal ship instead of a tech tree split like was initially expected) 

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I think this is more likely referring to the two most recent freemiums added (Smolensk and Thunderer), both of which had their currencies confirmed less than a few days before release (and for thunderer, it wasn’t stated until it was actually released as a coal ship instead of a tech tree split like was initially expected) 

You are right!

Didn't think about that. Thank you for pointing this out.

But yes, WG did once say that they release the currency ships will be sold for as soon as they are finalized internally and if they don't announce, they themselves don't know.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,438 posts
3,332 battles
19 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Nobody who was paying attention thought Thunderer was going to be a tech tree alternate Tier X BB.  People hoped it would, but the fact that it was revealed in a premium camo heavily hinted at it being a premium.  I specifically didn't get Smolensk because I didn't know what currency Thunderer was going to use and I only had enough coal for one Tier X.

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,698 battles

Another part of the problem is that these ships are coming out too fast and thus you have to save and pick. Unlike before they came out slowly and you'd have enough coal to just grab them.