Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ItzYaBoyMe

is vauquelin a good dd

7 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,537 posts
23,511 battles

If you like gun and run or ambush other ships: yes

If you need smoke, cannot wasd hack and love capping asap: no

[ARCO]
Members
717 posts
1,210 battles

It is not exactly a "destroyer" but a "counter-destroyer", I mean, she was designed to hunt classic destroyers.

It is a good ship, but in hih tiers is not as powerful as a Guepard or Jaguar are. Play it the same and you will succeed.

Next ship (Fantasque) is really a huge step forward, much faster and better guns.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,677 posts
5,280 battles

It's performance relies on exploiting the Speed boost to get into advantageous positions, then using the reload booster and good torpedoes to do some damage.

You will suffer if a CV focuses you and no smoke can be a deal breaker.

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
12,856 battles

I ended up free exp'ing past the last 20k exp or so on her. 

Sure you can win any one on one knife fight with a DD. Outside of that, the shells are way too floaty to be much use without closing and becoming an easy target. 

It was a very stressful DD to play. Fantasque is so much better. 

Edited by Rabbitt81

[O-PN]
Members
2,092 posts
4,395 battles

Not really -- at her tier, there are DDs just as fast, but they can smoke up to break detection.  They presented little trouble in ranked brawl and were worthless IMO.  If you play the French light cruisers "dds" then countering them and negating their reload boost makes them easy targets.

Crap detection and no way to break it combined with mediocre guns considering what they give up for them.....nope.  Typical fashion, T8 is where they start to get into their own.  It's rather funny that the special captain that came out at the same time doesn't have the 2 better options that the other premium french commander does, faster turret and enhanced adrenal rush, both of which are musts on french light cruisers "dds"

Edited by NoSoMo

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
1 hour ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

is vauquelin a good dd

Good is a subjective evaluation.   For all the reasons cited above, she is a challenging ship to play.   That being said, I enjoyed my time with her and found her to be very effective when I didn't hit the potato button so I would call her a good DD.  It takes a different set of tactics and more pre-planning of engagements than other DDs but when played to her strengths she is fierce.  

Sign in to follow this