You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Coolhand2323

Clan Brawls - What A Blast!

6 comments in this topic

[ARP]
Members
107 posts
18,105 battles

Not sure what others' experience was, but I thought the clan brawls session yesterday was an absolute riot.  I liked the 3v3 comp and the rewards were fabulous!  The silver rewards made a typical Missouri game look like chicken-$6!t and the consequence free clan battle-esque experience is always a plus.

BZ Wargaming for a truly fun event.  Now, if only some changes to standard ranked were coming to make that something other than a head smashing trudge of frustration.

[KSC]
Members
115 posts
19,158 battles

Yeah, our group has fun with this.  It's fairly low stress, especially with the current 3 v 3 set-up and decent rewards.  

It would be a little better reflection of overall clan ability if there was some mechanic to subtract for losses.  Maybe you get a point for every win and subtract a point for every loss.  But that's kind of a minor thing.  In general I think the event is one of the better in game ones, because it doesn't require a huge grind or time commitment.  With our three clans we kind of went with a "play if you want to play, take it easy if you don't" attitude.  We were running something like 16-17 teams between the three clans at one point, but no one felt obligated to grind out the entire session.  Most of our guys seemed to play a couple hours, maybe three, then take a break.  I know the squad I played with most of the session wanted to grind at least through the Commander XP bonuses then we took a break.

It's a good event, and I hope they continue doing some of these one day, lower stress events going forward.

[B2P]
Members
248 posts
5,759 battles

Ran a couple of games as well in the final hour, it was a very low-stress type of gameplay where we spent more time laughing than strategizing. Fast, fun, non-campy and without any real poor meta that we've seen. While some strong ships exist at T7 (e.g Belfast), in a setup of only 3 ships there's very little room for the ships to play abusively. Games are quick, satisfying, and maps have been relatively well designed. 

[GWG]
Members
6,500 posts

Being T7 has a new set of twists for Clan battles...

The Duke of York with the 2 MINUTE hydro time, and the two US radar boats make a lot of appearances.

Seems to be a lot of Scharnhorsts too.

[KSC]
Members
1 post
15,318 battles

I thought 3v3 Brawl was fun. It took a little bit of time to grab all the rewards, but the lack of a loss column sure helped reduce stress and make the game, well, fun. :)