Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

I wouldn't mind being the focused target of a CV...If...

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,259 posts
15,961 battles

… my teammates would take advantage of it and push back at the red team.

When the situation allows I'll even lead the enemy planes away from my team and where ever the main action is taking place. Leaving the red team partially blind as they only have ships spotting for them.

For a CV to have tunnel vision to take out a single ship is not good team work. Chasing a single ship for half the game provides no support for the rest of your team. I hate it when I see a green CV do it but I love to see it in a red CV.

• Cool 3

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

"Tunnel Vision" from CV's is a result of the AA mechanics and the current state of CV's.

If you're the only target they can hit... they'll hit you. It's not necessarily an issue with how the CV plays. It's more of an indicator of current issues with AA and CV's.

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. If the AA is unreasonably strong, weak ships will be harassed. It's a symptom... not the actual problem itself...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
3,070 posts
11,688 battles

Oh  yes, very good point. I feel the same way. When in a DD and end up in a CV game. I don't particularly wish to be targeted a entire game, but I look on the positive. If I have planes circling over head after me the entire game that frees up the rest of the team to operate without that threat of being attacked by planes. It's like any situation that looks like a problem. Try to turn it to a opportunity, to work in your advantage. Good communication helps with that.   

Personally, (for sentimental reasons) I almost exclusively sail USN DD's. A major advantage they have in this meta is two things. They have extremely good smoke and they generally have some of the better AA for DD's in the game.  If a CV insists on circling overhead. You can  pepper them the entire time with AA and shoot down one plane after another methodically while your team operates freely from that issue.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,037 posts
21,571 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Personally, (for sentimental reasons) I almost exclusively sail USN DD's. A major advantage they have in this meta is two things. They have extremely good smoke and they generally have some of the better AA for DD's in the game.  If a CV insists on circling overhead. You can  pepper them the entire time with AA and shoot down one plane after another methodically while your team operates freely from that issue.

lol

Or Lo Yang.

I know it was just a PvE game, but a bot GZ spent most of a game last night harassing me. Twenty-seven kills I think? Besides all the regular damage.

Actually a pretty good game regular damage wise; more than I usually get in LY.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this