You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Positive Feedback

6 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,865 posts
11,072 battles

It is a rare thing from me over the last 18 months, to give WoWS positive feedback.  Almost everything that has been done has not been to my liking and I have twice taken extended breaks from the game.

*The* aspect for this game that makes it compelling for me, are good battles, where ships dive right in and duke it out... it becomes a battle of wits and skill.  My adrenaline was pumping after 7 battles last night and I realized that I was having a great time, and then I reflected on game play since I started 3+ years ago.

WoWS once said that they desired to encourage more game play like I describe above, with ships really battling it out, and it was said that efforts were being made to make it more that way.  However everything that has been done makes the game more ponderous, more slow and less of everything that makes the game really fun. Radar made camping worse than it was and allowed ships to hide behind islands. There is no penalty for using Radar and it broke the "duke it out" meta.

Solution-  Make 3v3 division play and standard mode   I say solution because my experience with WG is ... oh never mind, we've ( I've) beat that horse until it's nothing but a pile of glue...

I have refound what I love about WoWS in the Brawl battles. Give me more of this. I have no interest in CV or Subs. You want my patronage? The solution is right here.

• Boring 1

Members
1,505 posts
6,503 battles

LOL
Well, it was nice of you to offer positive feedback.

If there were a "no CV's allowed" battle mode option available, then I imagine some people would take advantage of it.

But, seriously, Aircraft Carriers and Submarines were an integral part of several navies during the time period that World of Warships is setting the game into.
So, yeah, they existed historically and deserve a place in the game, in my opinion.
That said, history also shows how ships and navies were equipped and trained to deal with the combat scenarios of the time period.  Which WG/WOWs is still struggling to get right (or "balanced").

" Everyone wants the same thing:  'their own way'. "

[WAG]
Members
1,865 posts
11,072 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, seriously, Aircraft Carriers and Submarines were an integral part of several navies during the time period that World of Warships is setting the game into.

Yes.. this is true.. .but CV were no where near as powerful/capable/influential on ship to ship battle, UNTIL 1941, and even then it is not where near what we have in game, and of course neither are the other ships.

My issue is with balance and WG's inability to make any changes without tossing the whole thing up in the air... CV have not been a good fit for.. well.. since forever... magic radar broke the game as well... subs? 

They have a good game, but they keep making it worse, rather than better... and they do not listen to the user base.

it's all for naught ... WG lives in their own bubble and will do whatever the hey they want to... which they can do... I give them another couple of years.

Members
1,505 posts
6,503 battles
4 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

They have a good game, but they keep making it worse, rather than better... and they do not listen to the user base.

I'll say it like this, "the more they make the game like 'candy-crush' (instead of adhereing to reality/history) then the more 'broken' the game becomes".

I can understand the use of "time compression" to speed things up a little bit.
But the depiction of in-game capabilities for things as simple as actual firing range capabilities of various ship's guns and the actual or blueprint specifications of ship's top speeds has been among the many historical facts that WG/WOW's has "taken liberties" with, despite their professed respect for history & the legendary stories associated with various ships and the people who crewed them.

So, it is a game, and we play it for fun.

But yeah, the struggle to attract "twitchy button pushers" as customers has run roughshod over historical facts & specifications in order to fit ships into maps that are too small (in my opinion) and make gameplay faster than life ever was.

Here's an example.  :-)

How Far Could The Guns Fire_06-15-2019_.jpg

[WAG]
Members
1,865 posts
11,072 battles

I just do not understand the mind-set of the devs.. they seem to completely ignore the user base when making additions and changes, and as you say, they do not seem happy with the audience they initially attracted, and have since been driving them off. As you say they are pushing the game to be what it isn't, and it shows.

..but as with all feedback.. we are talking to ourselves.. in the first 1.5 years I played this game I spent stupid amounts of cash on it. ... I have not spent any for the last 1.5... I don't think WG understands why, nor do they show any inclination wanting to know why.... As in everything else they do, their spreadsheets tell them why, or they just know, and this is just one of the mistakes they make. They think they know, and they do not...  they are arrogant and defensive when they get questioned.

anywho.. .we're just talking to each other here....  :)

Members
1,505 posts
6,503 battles
9 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

They think they know, and they do not...  

anywho.. .we're just talking to each other here....  :)

Agreed.  :-)