You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

FRIESLAND buff

24 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles

i was looks the friesland destroyer and a The Friesland is a non-competitive destroyer VS other destroyers, since it does not have the following supports such as: Health, enginne speed, radar.

the destroyer friesland Big radars but not havent radar suport.

need Health becuase not has Torpdos suport.

he has milils laucher but doesnt work too. 

friesland vs

katikase : friesl loser

mogador, friesl loser

fletcher/black,benham: friesl loser

udaloi/tashkent friesl loser,

the fries only win vs yugumo because has slow reload guns.

if the destroyer does not have his main weapon that are the torps because it was designed like this, equip it with radar and health to resist the battle.

shot-19.09.22_08.41.00-0981.jpg

shot-19.09.22_08.41.06-0698.jpg

• Confused 3
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
22,152 posts
16,004 battles

OMG you're right! Friesland is the first ship in the game with model details that serve no game play function! This outrage must be rectified immediately!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[TDR]
Members
377 posts
6,287 battles

If you are losing to a Benham I would say it prolly isn’t the ship. While the lack of torp armament causes a different play style she is certainly a top level gun boat if played right and with patience

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Cool 2

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles

In the world of warships today, almost all cruises, some DD, and some BB, have radar, and can tear you to the friesland, when you use the friesland and use the smoke to sniff you are completely blind to other nearby Enemies that can affect to the Friesland with the help of radar or hydro.

the friesland is a DD made postwar2, 1950s with modern tech as radar and other defender.

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Sounds like user error. She doesn't play exactly like the other dds.

yes, but as i tell you need heath, & radar, you cant destroy a battleship with you guns, a cruiser less, a cruiser kill you quickly. smoke + radar help frieslad, and health when he is very damage, you can make fire a BB but it not kill ! the BB can repair and use health and as new.

[BB22]
Members
468 posts
5,804 battles

German hydro, American smoke, akizuki guns. Sounds weak.   

If you never learned how to use hydro,  I can see how you might struggle.  All dds die to radar if caught red handed.

• Cool 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,875 posts
32,125 battles

Friesland seems horribly under-powered after playing Smolensk which has heal, hydro, smoke and torps. Must buff Friesland! :cap_haloween:

Beta Testers
1,403 posts
17,158 battles

So far my fries has a higher avg damage than any other DD in my port (a spot previously held by Shima) and even higher than my Cruisers.....haven't met a Dd yet that I couldn't melt with it..

fries.JPG

[RKLES]
Members
10,756 posts
12,383 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

OMG you're right! Friesland is the first ship in the game with model details that serve no game play function! This outrage must be rectified immediately!

Now Lert as a Super Tester we should hold you personally responsible for this travesty, since you allowed such things to slip by your paws without getting them corrected! (Lol JK) :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
10,756 posts
12,383 battles
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

yes, but as i tell you need heath, & radar, you cant destroy a battleship with you guns, a cruiser less, a cruiser kill you quickly. smoke + radar help frieslad, and health when he is very damage, you can make fire a BB but it not kill ! the BB can repair and use health and as new.

The trick is you set some fires on a BB, switch targets to another BB and set fires on it, then if 1st BB has used damage control set a couple fires again and those will burn for a good while. You may be surprised just how deadly fires can be to a BB, fires are actually more deadly now than flooding is.

[TBW]
Members
8,631 posts
15,503 battles
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

when you use the friesland and use the smoke to sniff

I always sniff the Smoke when I use the Friesland. It helps me to relax and not rush in, until some one else is spotting.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I always sniff the Smoke when I use the Friesland. It helps me to relax and not rush in, until some one else is spotting.

And what are you doing away from your objective, ending up being hunted by them, the black DD plays the radar + Smoke combination very well because it can hide and shoot the target correctly using the radar, but what is the use of using smoke and staying blind? ? I find that ridiculous cheap strategy quite ridiculous.

[TBW]
Members
8,631 posts
15,503 battles
3 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

but what is the use of using smoke and staying blind?

You don't use your smoke until some one is spotting. You can use it to disengage in a dire situation, otherwise as you said, you are blind if you don't have help from your team.  You do have 5 km sonar which lasts longer than radar. Blacks radar lasts 26.4 seconds and then it counts on the team to spot just like Friesland, granted radar has more detection distance, only 7.5 km though. If you are sitting in smoke within 7.5 km of the enemy with either of these ships, you are in trouble already.

[HINON]
Members
11,955 posts
27 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

And what are you doing away from your objective, ending up being hunted by them, the black DD plays the radar + Smoke combination very well because it can hide and shoot the target correctly using the radar, but what is the use of using smoke and staying blind? ? I find that ridiculous cheap strategy quite ridiculous.

So you don't like fighting against Black's tools yet want Friesland to play just like Black with the radar smoke combo? Umm, why don't you get Black if you want that playstyle instead of trying to change Friesland?

mbQ2aal.gif

Edited by RipNuN2

[BB22]
Members
468 posts
5,804 battles

The problem is tier 9 is the wrong tier to learn how to use smoke and german hydro for the first time. If you bought this ship you should grind the German dd line first,  or royal navy dd, but their hydro is more strictly defensive.  

In any case,  a black should be running away from a friesland, but, they aren't right now since so many friesland players don't know how to use hydro on enemy dds.

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

So you don't like fighting against Black's tools yet want Friesland to play just like Black with the radar smoke combo? Umm, why don't you get Black if you want that playstyle instead of trying to change Friesland?

mbQ2aal.gif

I have the BLACK 666 , bro but I too i have the friesland,  

466/5000

I only propose an idea of some details that were very noticeable, and it really ruins a destroyer that can be beautiful because it is modern and it is the most modern in the whole game, and it has nothing really, it is slow, it does not have the consumable of Speed engine, has 3 small radars and 2 very large radar and does not have that ability, it is the only DD T9 without health. just because it has 2x2 rapid guns that still break or get damaged during battle.

[TFP]
Members
791 posts
24,587 battles

comparations:

Black 666: an small antena radar & has radar function.

friesland : has 3 big antenas radar & not havent radars funtion.

kronstadth: not have antena radar BUT has radar funtion 

here much alpha,beta,super,etc,etc tester but not fix it BIG errors.

I have other duobts...& comparations

Black 666 has 17100 Hp with 2500 tons

Friesland has 17600 hp with 3070 tons

670tons in dsplacement = 18350 for friesland in stock

Z23 has 19500HP with 3663 tons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_destroyer_Z23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher-class_destroyer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesland-class_destroyer

shot-19.09.23_07.32.50-0848.jpg

shot-19.09.23_07.44.28-0276.jpg

shot-19.09.23_09.27.12-0302.jpg

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,030 battles

Even though I couldn't tell exactly what he's saying I think he's saying to buff it so hey I have it and play it everyday so sure go ahead and buff it I won't complain :) .

[BIER]
Members
318 posts
5,182 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 12:14 AM, rafael_azuaje said:

comparations:

Black 666: an small antena radar & has radar function.

friesland : has 3 big antenas radar & not havent radars funtion.

kronstadth: not have antena radar BUT has radar funtion 

here much alpha,beta,super,etc,etc tester but not fix it BIG errors.

I have other duobts...& comparations

Black 666 has 17100 Hp with 2500 tons

Friesland has 17600 hp with 3070 tons

670tons in dsplacement = 18350 for friesland in stock

Z23 has 19500HP with 3663 tons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_destroyer_Z23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher-class_destroyer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesland-class_destroyer

First off, this is a video game, not a simulator. If you want a simulator, go play War-Thunder

As such, there is no reason to insist that a physical feature of a "real" ship has ANY bearing on what the game statistics are of that ship. NONE. Any attempt to say so it just patently WRONG.

Secondly, Radar on a DD is toxicly bad for the game. The couple of DDs that do have it are seriously bad for the game. Adding more that do will make the game worse. There is absolutely no need for it on a French DD, none of which have them.

HPs aren't a reflection of tonnage. They are tied to game balance and other issues. Again, "Real World" is completely irrelevant.

And if you consistently lose to a Kitikaze or Mogorador, then I suggest you maybe play French DDs a lot more, because it's plainly your playstyle that's getting you into trouble. Neither of them do you want to be knife fighting, and your hydro is a huge advantage against both.

The Friesland is borderline OP right now, and certainly doesn't need any buffs.

Edited by LAnybody

Members
2,075 posts
11,053 battles

Hey

Since when is WOWS about historical accuracy; after all, half the ships in the game (especially Russian ones) wouldn't be here if we only dealt in reality and nonsense of game balancing.   Bias in the game is obvious against certain nations.

Pete