Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sea_Stryker

Shell bug with terrain

4 comments in this topic

[W_H_S]
Members
2 posts
1,828 battles

Took Cleveland out and being its nature, I was behind an island. I shot and noticed that the shells hit the land, yet still went through and I could still track and see all shells. They don't seem to render as actual shells in flight though, as they go through ships but interact fine with other terrain and the water. 

[HINON]
Members
11,927 posts

It's just a visual bug as you noticed and it crops up occasionally. Sometimes torps will also do it and go through land and sail off the map forever.

[W_H_S]
Members
2 posts
1,828 battles
10 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's just a visual bug as you noticed and it crops up occasionally. Sometimes torps will also do it and go through land and sail off the map forever.

Ah, alright. Thank you for informing me. Either way, should be fixed.

Members
2,598 posts
7,417 battles

It’s a desync between the client and server as a result of the multi-step process that happens whenever an armament hitbox intersects with another hitbox - first it gets deactivated, then it calculates the damage (if it hits a ship), then it plays the destruction animation and finally removes it from the game visually. If the desync happens at any time in that process, the subsequent steps don’t occur, hence the shells sometimes going through islands and ‘hitting’ ships, or the infini-torpedoes that you sometimes see sailing across the entire map. Occasionally if the desync happens when it intersects with something else, it can even result in a live shell or torpedo passing through an island and still causing damage to a ship.

Sign in to follow this